• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
A 2 door that looks like that, priced in the mid 20s, would capture the youth market, which has the potential to become life- long Brand Loyal, repeat buyers.
Simple, Affordable, Fun, Safe. A lot of the complexity, and cost, of modern vehicles is due to Federal Mandates, which is one reason Suzuki dropped out of the NA market. They had small, fun, fuel efficient vehicles which couldn't survive in this arena. We complain about cost and complexity, that's the Tech "we" wished for.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Second this. Saw TFL note this in a video they uploaded this morning. I'm sure Ford will have their own event outside of the autoshow though.
On Bronco6g, they're saying June 9th as the race truck has 2069 on the side

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
On Bronco6g, they're saying June 9th as the race truck has 2069 on the side
I'm pretty sure the "official" meaning released by Ford was that its a combination of 20 - the Bronco R's race class number and 69 - the year Rod Hall won overall with his Bronco. Having multiple meanings like that would definitely be interesting though!

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I don't disagree about the inflation in Wrangler pricing. I about had a heart attack in comparing the pricing of my 2014 JKUR to the 2020 I just purchased. When I bought my 2014, there wasn't a ton of wiggle room on pricing because of supply and demand...and I expect the same with the Bronco + some of the market adjustment shenanigans that Ford dealers are known to pull with new/hot models like the Raptor and some Mustangs.

The bright side to some of that is if the Bronco is successful at taking market share away from Wranglers, there could be some incredible deals to be had if FCA starts to feel the pressure on unit/sales targets.
All ford has to do is (back up their warranty and customer service with a sense of urgency) and FIAT will stand around with their mouths open not knowing what to do.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
A 2 door that looks like that, priced in the mid 20s, would capture the youth market, which has the potential to become life- long Brand Loyal, repeat buyers.
Simple, Affordable, Fun, Safe. A lot of the complexity, and cost, of modern vehicles is due to Federal Mandates, which is one reason Suzuki dropped out of the NA market. They had small, fun, fuel efficient vehicles which couldn't survive in this arena. We complain about cost and complexity, that's the Tech "we" wished for.
I wondered that about Suzuki? I assumed they stopped making them until I went to Iceland. I saw quite a few of the Suzuki 4x4s there. Owners said they were quite capable for their needs and very reliable. Only saw a single JL there.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
All ford has to do is (back up their warranty and customer service with a sense of urgency) and FIAT will stand around with their mouths open not knowing what to do.
The Wrangler is still going to be unique but I am hoping a little competition will wake FCA up about quality control and customer service.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty sure the "official" meaning released by Ford was that its a combination of 20 - the Bronco R's race class number and 69 - the year Rod Hall won overall with his Bronco. Having multiple meanings like that would definitely be interesting though!
Only going off what I read there

That or 69 could just be crude humor xD

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Wrangler is still going to be unique but I am hoping a little competition will wake FCA up about quality control and customer service.
What appeals to me is the rumors of the 2.7tt and manual combo

How's Jeep gonna reply to that?

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid

QFT. The American consumer has demanded many of the creature comforts and complexity we now have on new model 4x4s.
The Suzuki Samuri was an incredibly good platform for wheeling, provided one understood its limitations.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Ya 325hp/375tq will put a Lot of buyers in Broncos = that slap in the face is Exactly what FCA needs.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested. If they do things right, keep the exterior heavily Bronco R inspired and the price isn't stupid high; you bet your ass I'm going for a test drive. I love my 2.0L but the power you can get out of the 2.7L Eco is crazy.
C'mon Fca, you need to counter!
Their counter is the 3.0L diesel, honestly. I don't think we're going to see a higher horsepower engine option out of FCA for the Wrangler in awhile. People are happy with the Pentastar and Hurricane for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.