Not open for further replies.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
It's 2020, someone is going to get offended by what you say no matter what. <<<TRUTH. Might as well just say exactly what you really think is right (tactfully of course) and not worry about the rest.
Then you get into the weeds of semantics. Your tactful and mine might be pretty far apart. My opinion......say exactly what you mean, and let the chips fall where they may.

crashclay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
FCA has priced Wranglers to historic highs. You can buy a $68K Wrangler now. Maybe more when a "special edition" diesel or the plug-in comes to market. At $60-$70K there is a lot of overlap pricing wise. Pricing wise Wranglers compete with almost everything now including most luxury brands. That new Bronco will have a LOT of wiggle room pricing wise if the Wrangler is actually it's main competitor.
I don't disagree about the inflation in Wrangler pricing. I about had a heart attack in comparing the pricing of my 2014 JKUR to the 2020 I just purchased. When I bought my 2014, there wasn't a ton of wiggle room on pricing because of supply and demand...and I expect the same with the Bronco + some of the market adjustment shenanigans that Ford dealers are known to pull with new/hot models like the Raptor and some Mustangs.

The bright side to some of that is if the Bronco is successful at taking market share away from Wranglers, there could be some incredible deals to be had if FCA starts to feel the pressure on unit/sales targets.

Gringostarr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S Diesel Ocean Blue
Occupation
Architect
There have also been a few articles claiming that the new Bronco would be getting a solid front axle, and many more that post renderings that are wild guesses passed off as what it will look like so I trust the reporting on this about as much as I trust Fox News for anything (I don't)

Not to mention that the first link literally quotes a Ford VP backing up what I've said about it not being a direct competitor to the Wrangler.

Jim Farley (Ford Executive VP) said:
“For Jeep, it’s all about rock crawling in Moab, but our premise is completely different. We want to give people true off-road vehicles that are comfortable at higher speeds, on two-track trails and do well in deep sand on the beach. And they don’t want their SUVs to look like doomsday vehicles, or have spartan, government-issued interiors.”
That right there is a 4Runner TRD-Pro killer, not a Rubicon killer.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
You sell enough Broncos it won't take long for the after market folks to get on board, if there is a dollar to be made it would be dumb not to jump in.
I don't think it works that way. My buddy who is a Land Rover guy bemoans the lack of third-party support compared to Jeeps. I'm not saying there won't be any, but it will be much more limited until they develop a large, active market.

Bringing products to market is expensive. There has to be a large enough market to make the investment.

I want the Bronco to be successful and I would be interested in one, but IFS and aftermarket would be 2 concerns for me.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
There have also been a few articles claiming that the new Bronco would be getting a solid front axle, and many more that post renderings that are wild guesses passed off as what it will look like so I trust the reporting on this about as much as I trust Fox News for anything (I don't)

Not to mention that the first link literally quotes a Ford VP backing up what I've said about it not being a direct competitor to the Wrangler.

That right there is a 4Runner TRD-Pro killer, not a Rubicon killer.
Considering the number of JLs produced, a pretty small percentage of actual overall Wrangler owners rock crawl. Those hard core Rubicon owners will probably not be swayed. That still leaves a lot of current and potential Wrangler owners who might be swayed if there is a second choice for a SUV with removable roof and doors. Time will tell.

Last edited:

crashclay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I don't think it works that way. My buddy who is a Land Rover guy bemoans the lack of third-party support compared to Jeeps. I'm not saying there won't be any, but it will be much more limited until they develop a large, active market.

Bringing products to market is expensive. There has to be a large enough market to make the investment.

I want the Bronco to be successful and I would be interested in one, but IFS and aftermarket would be 2 concerns for me.
I think it's not just the size of the market...it's the size of the DIY market. There's probably not a big market for Land Rover because I'd imagine the size of the DIY market for them is awful small. Time will tell where the Bronco falls in that spectrum.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think it's not just the size of the market...it's the size of the DIY market. There's probably not a big market for Land Rover because I'd imagine the size of the DIY market for them is awful small. Time will tell where the Bronco falls in that spectrum.
That's what I meant about an active market. If it sells a ton but no one mods it, the aftermarket support won't be there.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
That's what I meant about an active market. If it sells a ton but no one mods it, the aftermarket support won't be there.
I'd assume we'll see the same amount of aftermarket as Tacomas and 4Runners have. Nothing crazy like anything Jeep has, but still decent enough. You know for a fact people will be using these for overlanding and wheeling.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
But will any of the other IFS SUV's have a removable top?
I’m sure eventually more will as you’re the target audience. All some care about is a removable top , then it’s somehow the same as a wrangler. Not true of course but for mall crawling It doesn’t matter.

02CD819D-95BF-49AA-AF45-8A25D11C19E9.jpeg

95C610F4-F472-4321-B9D4-2D8180613643.jpeg

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I'd assume we'll see the same amount of aftermarket as Tacomas and 4Runners have. Nothing crazy like anything Jeep has, but still decent enough. You know for a fact people will be using these for overlanding and wheeling.
Not really...Toyota never really abandoned the market like Ford did. When I hit the trails, there are usually close to as many Toyotas as Jeeps...or what started out as those makes anyway.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Then you get into the weeds of semantics. Your tactful and mine might be pretty far apart. My opinion......say exactly what you mean, and let the chips fall where they may.
While I don't disagree with you, I think too many people take the "I'm just being honest" road to mean that they can say whatever they want without trying to adhere to common courtesy. Basically some people use it as an excuse to be a dick. We still need to try to be respectful of one another.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I’m sure eventually more will as you’re the target audience. All some care about is a removable top , then it’s somehow the same as a wrangler. Not true of course but for mall crawling It doesn’t matter.

02CD819D-95BF-49AA-AF45-8A25D11C19E9.jpeg

95C610F4-F472-4321-B9D4-2D8180613643.jpeg
One major advantage that the Wrangler/CJ vehicles have had is that it is the epitome of a "lifestyle" vehicle. What sets it apart from other lifestyle vehicles is it's ability to encompass more than one lifestyle into one. It is certainly an off-road/4x4/rugged lifestyle vehicle AND an open air/beach/fun vehicle. The 4x4 side gets the most die hard followers (this forum and thread are prime examples) but the open air/freedom side is arguably the most prevalent.

The Bronco does not have to beat Jeep on both fronts, it just needs to be able to beat them in the open air/freedom side (with a better handling vehicle) and then nip at their heals in the offroading side all while maintaining the "look". If they do that, the general public will eat it up.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
While I don't disagree with you, I think too many people take the "I'm just being honest" road to mean that they can say whatever they want without trying to adhere to common courtesy. Basically some people use it as an excuse to be a dick. We still need to try to be respectful of one another.
You want people to have a little class.

Status
Not open for further replies.