• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
FCA's quality control and customer service have been pretty ass to be frank, hopefully this helps give them a boost to be better or else they'll start to lose some of their market. I know some people don't like turbos and I get it, but both of those engine options are gnarly. Image that 2.7L in a two-door with a tune, right there is 400TQ waiting for you. ;) Ford has taken so long to get this out that its kinda a sink or swim situation. They know they can't let this be a flop. I'm excited for spring.
I attached a screenshot for you. IFS, solid rear. That's how the Bronco R prototype was too along with pretty much everything else we've heard regarding the suspension setup. They'll keep the independent suspension all the way around for their baby Bronco.

82385809_10222769235725180_5402103289590317056_o.jpg
After further analysis it appears you are right, and I am wrong. lol, sorry about that.
Sponsored

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Soccer Moms as you guys say:like:
And there's nothing wrong with soccer moms! They're what helped keep the Jeep alive and JKU sales up. I'd rather have a bunch of "posers" and casual Jeep owners who don't go rock-crawling keeping the brand alive instead of the Wrangler dying off after a couple years. Again, if Ford does it things right things will be interesting. You can bet your ass I'll be test driving one if I can afford it. :angel:
After further analysis it appears you are right, and I am wrong. lol, sorry about that.
All good! I've been following things since the R Prototype, I knew no part of that or any of the other mules were rocking IRS. Thank god, LOL.
I would love to have the real figures as to what percentage of Wrangler owners ever take them rock crawling. I would be willing to bet it is 5% or less of total owners.
Which is why if Ford does things right, Jeep REALLY needs to watch out.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
And there's nothing wrong with soccer moms! They're what helped keep the Jeep alive and JKU sales up. I'd rather have a bunch of "posers" and casual Jeep owners who don't go rock-crawling keeping the brand alive instead of the Wrangler dying off after a couple years. Again, if Ford does it things right things will be interesting. You can bet your ass I'll be test driving one if I can afford it. :angel:

All good! I've been following things since the R Prototype, I knew no part of that or any of the other mules were rocking IRS. Thank god, LOL.

Which is why if Ford does things right, Jeep REALLY needs to watch out.
Exactly:like: I'm one of those "Soccer Moms" because I will never take my Jeep crawling. It's a fun vehicle that I can go topless with and drive down dirt roads. I love Jeep because I always have since my childhood in the 70s. But, then again, I bought the base 2 door Sport S, not a luxury model lol. But yes, I'll be curious how the Bronco does. I know Ford trucks are good, but I experienced their shitty cars. I will test drive one out if curiosity:like:

Gringostarr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S Diesel Ocean Blue
Occupation
Architect
This would also appeal to the overlanders that wouldn’t do “serious” rock crawling but want a comfortable ride on the way to a 30-50 mile back country trail. I'm fairly confident though that the stock top end Bronco could hold its own against a stock Rubicon even on rocky trails like the Rubicon, but once aftermarket modifications come into play the Rubicon would easily be the superior rock crawler and that’s not even taking into account the massive amount of aftermarket support the Wangler already enjoys. Where the Bronco will be better is things like higher speed desert running which is something the Wrangler isn’t really known for.

Realistically, given how much Ford is pushing the off road capabilities of the new Bronco their respective baseline of off road worthiness should be pretty similar stock, however once aftermarket is considered each one will have strengths and weaknesses at different off road applications which is honestly fine. Not every trail is the Rubicon nor is it Baja.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You don't have to take the top spot to severely hurt the competition's bottom line, Jeep will lose a lot of the market just as Ford did when Toyota came to town in the full size truck market.
That's YOUR prediction. Regardless of what ultimately happens with FCA's bottom line and business as a whole, Jeep is and will be one of the most sought after brands in the industry. All of the major players would love to add it to their stable, no matter how the new Bronco is accepted by the buying public.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
This would also appeal to the overlanders that wouldn’t do “serious” rock crawling but want a comfortable ride on the way to a 30-50 mile back country trail. I'm fairly confident though that the stock top end Bronco could hold its own against a stock Rubicon even on rocky trails like the Rubicon, but once aftermarket modifications come into play the Rubicon would easily be the superior rock crawler and that’s not even taking into account the massive amount of aftermarket support the Wangler already enjoys. Where the Bronco will be better is things like higher speed desert running which is something the Wrangler isn’t really known for.

Realistically, given how much Ford is pushing the off road capabilities of the new Bronco their respective baseline of off road worthiness should be pretty similar stock, however once aftermarket is considered each one will have strengths and weaknesses at different off road applications which is honestly fine. Not every trail is the Rubicon nor is it Baja.
One area where Wranglers will continue to have the advantage is aftermarket support. Of course, there are a lot of stock Jeeps out there, so Bronco could appeal to those owners.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Removable roof and doors are probably happening. These articles state the doors can be stored in the vehicle after removal. The side mirrors will also be attached to the front pillars. Those features are kind of cool.

I am sure someone probably posted before but here are a couple of links again for anyone who missed it.

https://jalopnik.com/2020-ford-bronco-will-have-removable-top-and-doors-and-1833540489

https://www.autonews.com/sales/dealers-get-glimpse-bronco-prototype
I think you are close to being right. I would like to see a Bronco like in the 70's, not a big one like they had in later years. It was the same size as a blazer. If you want a family size 4x4 get something else.. I think a smaller Bronco, sort of a cross between a baby Bronco and the land rover defender. Off roaders usually (serious) off roaders prefer a small to medium size for the trails. I have a 2020 2 Dr. JL and its big enough. Use to have the older type bronco,(to big) and got rid of it as soon as I could get back into a CJ7. Saw a picture of the proposed baby Bronco, if it looks like the pictures I've seen it's a go and will do well. If its like the larger one I have seen then no. You might as well get a van. The way I see it they are trying to please everyone. You can't. Some people will always complain even if you hang them with a new rope. Just my two cents worth. To each his on. It's either four wheeling or family trip to the woods.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Exactly:like: I'm one of those "Soccer Moms" because I will never take my Jeep crawling. It's a fun vehicle that I can go topless with and drive down dirt roads. I love Jeep because I always have since my childhood in the 70s. But, then again, I bought the base 2 door Sport S, not a luxury model lol. But yes, I'll be curious how the Bronco does. I know Ford trucks are good, but I experienced their shitty cars. I will test drive one out if curiosity:like:
I think soccer moms are great,topless in a jeep four wheeling. You go girl.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
I think you are close to being right. I would like to see a Bronco like in the 70's, not a big one like they had in later years. It was the same size as a blazer. If you want a family size 4x4 get something else.. I think a smaller Bronco, sort of a cross between a baby Bronco and the land rover defender. Off roaders usually (serious) off roaders prefer a small to medium size for the trails. I have a 2020 2 Dr. JL and its big enough. Use to have the older type bronco,(to big) and got rid of it as soon as I could get back into a CJ7. Saw a picture of the proposed baby Bronco, if it looks like the pictures I've seen it's a go and will do well. If its like the larger one I have seen then no. You might as well get a van. The way I see it they are trying to please everyone. You can't. Some people will always complain even if you hang them with a new rope. Just my two cents worth. To each his on. It's either four wheeling or family trip to the woods.
I've seen some renderings of two-doors that look on the smaller end like the 70s models, and others that look to be the size of a two-door XJ or Blazer. I'm kinda hoping for the second option honestly. Big enough to have more storage space than a two-door Wrangler, but not be a minivan by any means.:)
broncoconcept3final-jpg.jpg

crashclay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
It appears it will have a solid rear axle and independent front suspension. As for Jeep having nothing to worry about in my opinion you may be a wee bit premature in your assessment.

Being as Jeep went to great lengths to make the JL much more luxurious than the JK and add that to the fact that the vast majority of Jeep Wranglers never do any serious offloading needing the solid front axle I do indeed believe Jeep should be worried. That is exactly the market that Ford is going after, the luxury, bad to the bones look and comfortable 4 wheel drive vehicle buyers. Ford is not setting their sights on the true hard core off road guys, they will never leave Jeep and Ford knows it.

Nope, Ford is aiming squarely at the vast majority of Jeep Wrangler owners who never hardly ever ever leave the hard surface highway, that's the market Ford will take away in droves, in my opinion!
It’s very much the same type of market that Ford targeted with the Raptor. How many people that buy a Raptor actually need that type of suspension travel or race their trucks off-road? They built a big enough market that now Toyota (TRD Pro), GM (AT4 & Trail Boss), and Dodge (Rebel) are chasing. Hell...Ford is even creating an F250 that’s meant to be an off-road, trail eating beast.

There’s plenty of room in the market for the Bronco. I imagine it’ll steal some market share from the 4Runner as well (especially if the interior is a bit more refined...and the seats are better). I just hope that the competition forces FCA to up their game a little bit.

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I've seen some renderings of two-doors that look on the smaller end like the 70s models, and others that look to be the size of a two-door XJ or Blazer. I'm kinda hoping for the second option honestly. Big enough to have more storage space than a two-door Wrangler, but not be a minivan by any means.:)
broncoconcept3final-jpg.jpg
That picture looks great. Now if they do that and don't (load it up with technology) it will out sell the jeep. Put all the computers and sensors etc that don't work and it'll be a problem.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Am I the only one that feels some on the forum seem insulted when you mention Jeep may lose some of its market share due to competition? While you can never really tell by the written words on a forum I swear it seems some actually have hurt feelings!
Type louder please, I can't hear you ;)

But seriously, I think it is fair to be concerned that some true competition might devalue your vehicle that has historically had great resale. This is why, if I want a Bronco, I'll probably grab one quickly, before the market adjusts.

crashclay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
That picture looks great. Now if they do that and don't (load it up with technology) it will out sell the jeep. Put all the computers and sensors etc that don't work and it'll be a problem.
That will NEVER happen. From my experience, Ford prides itself on the amount of technology they can load in a vehicle. Part of the reason I dumped the F150 I owned was I was one of the few truck owners that wanted more of a "truck" experience because I used my truck for truck-like things. I want leather seats, but I don't want a gizmo to help my back up & hook up to a trailer...I want a real tailgate handle, not a pushbutton like a SUV (that broke and meant I couldn't open the tailgate). I'm 100% sure this thing will be loaded to the gills with the latest tech From has to offer.

Gringostarr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S Diesel Ocean Blue
Occupation
Architect
It’s very much the same type of market that Ford targeted with the Raptor. How many people that buy a Raptor actually need that type of suspension travel or race their trucks off-road? They built a big enough market that now Toyota (TRD Pro), GM (AT4 & Trail Boss), and Dodge (Rebel) are chasing. Hell...Ford is even creating an F250 that’s meant to be an off-road, trail eating beast.

There’s plenty of room in the market for the Bronco. I imagine it’ll steal some market share from the 4Runner as well (especially if the interior is a bit more refined...and the seats are better). I just hope that the competition forces FCA to up their game a little bit.
I'd say the Bronco will be aiming at more of the 4Runner's market share than the Wrangler, and based on everything seen so far it will capture a very large portion of it. Yes it will capture some of the Wranglers market share just like how the 4Runner captures some of it now but at the end of the day they're going to be designed for two very different off road applications.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
I think it will follow relatively close to what the FX4 Ranger and TRD Tacoma offer feature-wise, honestly. I can't see it getting too stripped down. You'll see some sort of crawl control or terrain-based 4WD systems, electronic lockers on higher trims, back-up camera, push button start, keyless entry on higher trims, etc. You sure as hell won't see crank windows and manual locks. :LOL: I've read a couple places that a manual transmission will be an option though. Fingers crossed!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.