Not open for further replies.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Anybody feeling like this is what Toyota should have done with the FJ? I'd rather ride a mule than own a Ford, but I got to say that the pictures look nice.
Sponsored

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
The Car And Driver article also suggests the new Bronco will have 35 inch tires. I was surprised to read that - those would be rather large tires for a stock vehicle. Will see if that pans out.

From the article: "We anticipate it'll have round headlights, lending a retro touch, and 35-inch all-terrain tires with plenty of wheel clearance for off-road capability."

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I just logged in to post the C and D article but you guys beat me to it. I grew up around and driving FORDS most of my life (still own a few) and had a few F-Series Broncos. Always wanted one of the older models though. If it ends up looking like the C and D renderings who knows? May have to add another ford to the fleet. That rendering looks NICE,

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hmmm I dunno. I'm not feeling like this car will be in direct competition with a wrangler.
To me it definitely looks like more of an on-road vehicle.
No idea if the Bronco will be as capable as a Wrangler for hard core off roaders but it is competition.

FCA definitely monitors this Wrangler Forum. Time for FCA to up the ante for QC and Customer Satisfaction. Most FCA dealers need to step it up too. FCA should be concerned. This is a Wrangler forum and this thread-topic has 92 pages and 118,000 views about a FORD product. I'd say there is a little interest.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I'm just curious what it will eventually look like it, but it's not for me because A) it's a Ford, and my experience isn't that good and B) I've loved the open air freedom of Jeeps since I was a kid in the 70s. :like:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm just curious what it will eventually look like it, but it's not for me because A) it's a Ford, and my experience isn't that good and B) I've loved the open air freedom of Jeeps since I was a kid in the 70s. :like:
I think the Bronco will offer open air.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it's supposed to from what I read, but it's still a Ford:giggle:
Hopefully Ford is not the Fix Or Repair Daily of the past. I don't thick they are. I tried a few modern Mustangs and they are definitely worthy. As far as Fix It Again Tony, I love the Wrangler. Saying that, I could be swayed away by better QC, customer service, ergonomics, a more elegant hard top open air solution, performance. One of those 5.0 Mustang engines would be interesting! Lol.

I like the idea of FCA and Ford duking it out. Hopefully consumers end up with better products by both FCA and Ford.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Status
Not open for further replies.