• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
for a cross over it will be fine, probably better than those Fiats re-badged as Jeeps that Fiat is using to kill the Jeep Brand
And what Fiat re-badged Jeeps are you referring to? Other than the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler, what Jeep branded vehicle ever produced any build quality, performance, comfort, or customer satisfaction?

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

by the time Ford releases the bronco gas prices will have skyrocketed again and people will be running back to subcompact cars and Ford will announce it is no longer making suvs and is going back to making tiny cars again, and will cancel this thing.

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
by the time Ford releases the bronco gas prices will have skyrocketed again and people will be running back to subcompact cars and Ford will announce it is no longer making suvs and is going back to making tiny cars again, and will cancel this thing.
Ecoboost. That’s how Ford can lie to the evil EPA and get away with making vehicles like this

Reactions: VNT

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
And what Fiat re-badged Jeeps are you referring to? Other than the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler, what Jeep branded vehicle ever produced any build quality, performance, comfort, or customer satisfaction?
Fiat produced a couple of crossovers they released as Jeeps, the Renegade and patriot I believe, not sure on compass. In any event they are also pushing their terrible parts into all the various models..

In any event Fiat quality is rock bottom, obvious Jeep has its issues, but when 2 bad quality manufactures merge the bottom one pulls both down to the lowest level. Jeep nearly killed Mercedes, Fiat is pooper pounding Jeep now.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Arguably the XJ. I know several satisfied customers and they seem to go forever so that could be considered build quality. I think the unibody is stupid but if you leave it stock....ok

Anyway yeah even if this Bronco is supposed to be available in 2020 there should be massive hoopla about it now - there's only 2 months left in '19. Dealers should have specs, brochures, order forms.

Ford should also already be brokering deals with the rental car companies -- I know in Hawaii they push the Wrangler HARD if you rent a car (and they charge double the rate of any other SUV)

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Ford will certainly have designed the Bronco with some form of electrification in mind.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon

OceanBlues

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Ford isn't exactly doing great right now. I have heard some speculation from people in the industry about the Bronco ever being launched.

I get wanting to keep projects secret until they're unveiled, but the lack of information and some information being contradictory going on for this long really makes it look like the program is in peril.

Reactions: D60

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
looks lame, another cock roach shaped SUV.

maybe OJ can get them to come to their senses on the Daddy version if he is going to put his name on it. Another clone like Blazer LOL
If they made OJ the Bronco spokesperson they would sell a million of them. In the commercial He could drive down the interstate in LA all slow with a bunch of cops following him while wearing a bloody glove. Yep, that would work.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Fiat produced a couple of crossovers they released as Jeeps, the Renegade and patriot I believe, not sure on compass. In any event they are also pushing their terrible parts into all the various models..

In any event Fiat quality is rock bottom, obvious Jeep has its issues, but when 2 bad quality manufactures merge the bottom one pulls both down to the lowest level. Jeep nearly killed Mercedes, Fiat is pooper pounding Jeep now.
Renegade and Cherokee. Patriot and Compass were Daimler leftovers I believe. I thought the Cherokee KL was based on some Alfa Romeo SUV platform?

1). Most of the Wrangler parts aren't fiat parts. Engines are Chrysler, axles are Dana, and manual Trans are Asin. Not sure the Auto trans, so you could be right on that.
2). outside the industrial arm (unimogs and large tractor trailers). and the high end race cars, Mercedes hasn't been known for quality in YEARS. I had an '06m Dodge Charger RT that had a tranny valve go. Every place I went told me it was a Mercedes Sourced tranny meaning it was expensive to fix and really, really crappy. Did not handle mods well and after 100k would need rebuilds. My buddy had an 06 LJ and the Mercedes sourced NSG370 6 speed manual was regarded much the same, to the point where he was thinking about a tranny swap when the synchros went.
3). Jeep didn't "almost kill Mercedes"- Daimler acquired Chrysler as an asset, sucked the liquidity (cash) from it, then sold it for a profit to Cerebus who almost finished the job of killing Chrysler. If i recall correctly the reports on the books at Daimler had them reporting heavy losses for a while in overseas markets as they were losing out to competitors. Everything I've read since the 08-09 bailout era said Jeep, in particular the JKU, was one of the only vehicles in the entire Chrysler stable that helped keep the big brand alive. There were rumors flying before FCA merged that GM was trying to acquire Jeep after killing Hummer, but Chrysler wouldn't sell without off loading something else as well (they wanted a lot of cash).
Going mostly on memory here, but I can probably dig and look some stuff up.

Back on Topic: I'm kind of surprised Bronco has made it this far. It didn't fit into Ford's business model for a long time. I guess Raptor was such a big hit, maybe they're trying to revive it. They've pushed enough marketing to generate enough buzz where I would almost think it's too late to back out now, but who knows. they could delay for a while to see how all the Jeep recall stuff works out. If they were smart, they'd watch all the issues Jeep is having and try to get in front of any potential in Bronco.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Renegade and Cherokee. Patriot and Compass were Daimler leftovers I believe. I thought the Cherokee KL was based on some Alfa Romeo SUV platform?

1). Most of the Wrangler parts aren't fiat parts. Engines are Chrysler, axles are Dana, and manual Trans are Asin. Not sure the Auto trans, so you could be right on that.
2). outside the industrial arm (unimogs and large tractor trailers). and the high end race cars, Mercedes hasn't been known for quality in YEARS. I had an '06m Dodge Charger RT that had a tranny valve go. Every place I went told me it was a Mercedes Sourced tranny meaning it was expensive to fix and really, really crappy. Did not handle mods well and after 100k would need rebuilds. My buddy had an 06 LJ and the Mercedes sourced NSG370 6 speed manual was regarded much the same, to the point where he was thinking about a tranny swap when the synchros went.
3). Jeep didn't "almost kill Mercedes"- Daimler acquired Chrysler as an asset, sucked the liquidity (cash) from it, then sold it for a profit to Cerebus who almost finished the job of killing Chrysler. If i recall correctly the reports on the books at Daimler had them reporting heavy losses for a while in overseas markets as they were losing out to competitors. Everything I've read since the 08-09 bailout era said Jeep, in particular the JKU, was one of the only vehicles in the entire Chrysler stable that helped keep the big brand alive. There were rumors flying before FCA merged that GM was trying to acquire Jeep after killing Hummer, but Chrysler wouldn't sell without off loading something else as well (they wanted a lot of cash).
Going mostly on memory here, but I can probably dig and look some stuff up.

Back on Topic: I'm kind of surprised Bronco has made it this far. It didn't fit into Ford's business model for a long time. I guess Raptor was such a big hit, maybe they're trying to revive it. They've pushed enough marketing to generate enough buzz where I would almost think it's too late to back out now, but who knows. they could delay for a while to see how all the Jeep recall stuff works out. If they were smart, they'd watch all the issues Jeep is having and try to get in front of any potential in Bronco.
The Cherokee KL is based off the Fiat Chrysler Compact/Compact Wide platform, and the Renegade off the 500XL platform. The CWUS platform was jointly developed by the Fiat and Chrysler engineering teams. The KL is significantly built up over its Fiat stable mates. The Renegade is capable, but I don’t know much about how it runs, or how capable it is. I’ve heard positives and negatives.

As someone who ran the KL, and modded it, it earned the Jeep badge, and I was able to do pretty decent trails and crawling with it. Would it out perform a Rubicon, no. Different beasts.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
If they made OJ the Bronco spokesperson they would sell a million of them. In the commercial He could drive down the interstate in LA all slow with a bunch of cops following him while wearing a bloody glove. Yep, that would work.
I'd buy one in OJ white to boot

Status
Not open for further replies.