Status
Not open for further replies.

Lincoln

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JLU, 2017 Chevy Express 2500 High Top Explorer 4x4 Conversion Van, 2011 Ford F-150, 2016 Jayco Seneca 37TS Motorhome
It’ll be superior for sure. The build quality of a Ford is 100 times better than a Fiat or Chrysler. Less Jeeps on the road. Good. Maybe time to switch to Bronco everyone and their grandma has a Wrangler these days.
I have a Jeep a Ford and a Chevy and I will say Fords quality control is far better than FCA I have the F150 3.5 EcoBoost and it makes a ton of power down low and it’s rock solid reliable. They know how to make power with a small displacement turbocharged engine with out putting extra batteries and a bunch of other crap underneath your Jeep for the bsg system .I would love to have Fords 2.7 EcoBoost engine in my Jeep It would make the 2.0 look like a joke. I still love my Jeep but I’m looking forward to the Broncos competition
Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
The 2.7L is definitely a step above the 2.3L. In the F-150 it's 325/400 currently, so they would detune it for any other vehicles. But, even if Bronco gets 310/375 that's still going to kitten-stomp anything Jeep is offering in terms of performance.

The big issue with the EcoBust engines (and the reason they earned that nickname on the Web) is because they have a list of TSBs and recalls a country mile long, and they also rarely ever get the fuel economy promised.

Still, it's good to see some competition again after a few decades. And I'm glad all this stuff isn't happening until I'm at the end of my current lease. :rock:
“Kitten stomp” :CWL::CWL:

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I don't need any more engine performance from the Jeep. It is faster accelerating than my last SUV and it isn't designed to be a sports car.

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
I bet you this will be an analog to the midsize truck market. Tacoma was the leader. Then Chevy/GMC came in, now Ford, and eventually Gladiator. If I'm not mistaken Toyota has increased sales by a decent margin and the new entrants have done well. Basically the market segment has expanded to feed everyone!

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Jeep a Ford and a Chevy and I will say Fords quality control is far better than FCA I have the F150 3.5 EcoBoost and it makes a ton of power down low and it’s rock solid reliable. They know how to make power with a small displacement turbocharged engine with out putting extra batteries and a bunch of other crap underneath your Jeep for the bsg system .I would love to have Fords 2.7 EcoBoost engine in my Jeep It would make the 2.0 look like a joke. I still love my Jeep but I’m looking forward to the Broncos competition
Quality control on F150? They just recalled 2 million of them.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
I was hoping Ford or Toyota would buy the brand and make it a long term thing, but instead Fiat’s venture capital group bought it, of all companies. Smart move. It has pump and dump written all over it. These numbers aren’t sustainable. They’ll sell before sales start to decline and let the next owner deal with it.

biggprikk

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
The 2.7L is definitely a step above the 2.3L. In the F-150 it's 325/400 currently, so they would detune it for any other vehicles. But, even if Bronco gets 310/375 that's still going to kitten-stomp anything Jeep is offering in terms of performance.

The big issue with the EcoBust engines (and the reason they earned that nickname on the Web) is because they have a list of TSBs and recalls a country mile long, and they also rarely ever get the fuel economy promised.

Still, it's good to see some competition again after a few decades. And I'm glad all this stuff isn't happening until I'm at the end of my current lease. :rock:
"...and they also rarely ever get the fuel economy promised." Is there a turbo engine in existence that gets the fuel economy promised? I really wish the EPA would test vehicles more as they are actually driven. Then perhaps turbocharging could be eliminated (as a fuel economy move anyway). Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against forced induction. I have owned several turbocharged cars. Hell, my wife drives a Golf R. I just think that, in a vehicle like the Wrangler, give me the simplicity and predictable power delivery of a larger displacement, NA engine.

Lincoln

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JLU, 2017 Chevy Express 2500 High Top Explorer 4x4 Conversion Van, 2011 Ford F-150, 2016 Jayco Seneca 37TS Motorhome
One recall in 8 years and 180,000 miles on my EcoBoost and I was at the dealer for about a half hour with a reflash and out the door Had my Jeep JLU since December and been to the Jeep dealer three times and It’s still not right.

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
or there wonderful PTO units on the Edges and Explorers, bury them under the cat, fill for life LOL

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Funny how JK owners are always predicting doom and gloom for the JL’s. They’ll sell them all. And although it seems to make them happy to see JL’s being heavily discounted just wait till you see what your JK trade in value is. Who would want one if you can get a new JL heavily discounted.

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Looks like 2021 or so will be a good time to trade my 2018 JLUS in for a mid production run refreshed JLUS or JLUR.

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
If it just looks like a small Ford SUV, the performance won't matter. It won't cut into Jeep sales. It has to look different than every other SUV on the road to get its own niche market
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.