Not open for further replies.

DesmoDog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ducati 851
That Bronco looks terrible. Looks are subjective, sure, but damn.
Where have you seen a production intent Bronco? All I've seen so far are mechanical mules that don't look anything like a production vehicle will. If you are talking about the recent spy shots, yeah, not even close to the real styling.

Sponsored

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I was excited when I read this news this morning. Removable tops and doors is encouraging. Not sure how anyone can comment on looks yet, however. Nothing looks-wise has been released aside from the spy shot with the sheet over top. All other images are test mules with a ranger body on it. I also read on a Bronco forum that they have yet to green light the suspension design and tests are still occurring for both IFS and SFA. Design/ Powertrain has been set. Take this with a grain of salt as I'm just passing the message along from the Bronco forum.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I like it!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Very interesting.

I had already seen that the Bronco will go to production November 2020 and hit show rooms Q1 2021, and that it will have the 2.7L EcoBust engine, rather than the 2.3L used in the Ranger, and that the doors will be stowable in the vehicle. But the fact that the roof IS removeable is a huge confirmation because it officially makes the Bronco a strong contender against Wrangler.

Allegedly, the truly new Ranger is going to be based on the same platform as Bronco, so there will be a brand new pickup offered around the same time, which of course is just one year after Gladiator hits showrooms. And there'll be a Raptor variant at that time. That'll be interesting.

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Hmmm I dunno. I'm not feeling like this car will be in direct competition with a wrangler.
To me it definitely looks like more of an on-road vehicle.
They don't put solid axles on a vehicle for a comfy commute.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
C&D has a similar article out ( https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26575780/ford-bronco-prototype-spied/ )

Interesting that Ford seems to have their sights set on the Wrangler (who can blame them?). At present there really is no other option if you want what the Wrangler brings to the table. Will follow with interest but I don't see a Bronco in my future.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
That Bronco looks terrible. Looks are subjective, sure, but damn.

Regardless, more competition is definitely a good thing for consumers.
Yea nothing has been shown. But that article saws the people that saw it said its a retro design and the team that designed it are the same team that did the new Mustang. Also the pulled the old concept out of storage for that Skyfall movie with the rock and have show teaser images of the clay model covered in a tarp so my money would be a boxy design that looks a lot like the late 60s early 70s Bronco.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Very interesting.

I had already seen that the Bronco will go to production November 2020 and hit show rooms Q1 2021, and that it will have the 2.7L EcoBust engine, rather than the 2.3L used in the Ranger, and that the doors will be stowable in the vehicle. But the fact that the roof IS removeable is a huge confirmation because it officially makes the Bronco a strong contender against Wrangler.

Allegedly, the truly new Ranger is going to be based on the same platform as Bronco, so there will be a brand new pickup offered around the same time, which of course is just one year after Gladiator hits showrooms. And there'll be a Raptor variant at that time. That'll be interesting.
To me the Ecoboost is the most exciting thing about the Bronco, as I just feel like FCA has such lack luster engines in the Wrangler & Gladiator line ups.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
It’ll be superior for sure. The build quality of a Ford is 100 times better than a Fiat or Chrysler. Less Jeeps on the road. Good. Maybe time to switch to Bronco everyone and their grandma has a Wrangler these days.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.