Not open for further replies.

rancej

First Name
Rance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Bronco is getting the 2.3 which goes in the Explorer/mustang/ranger. It is a much better built engine than the 2.0 in the escape. Mustang guys abuse the crap out of them and they chug right along as long as you don’t crank up the boost too high.
Thanks for the correction Nick. Our son has the 2.3 Mustang Ecoboost and has been really happy with it. Ford has had that 2.3 4cyl forever...had it in the Pinto even and the Rangers of old and refined it over the years.

rancej

First Name
Rance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As excited as people are to see the Bronco I’m more excited to see what Jeep brings to the table. I have NEVER driven a vehicle( and I’ve had MANY from sports cars to luxury SUV’s) that puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. The interior is incredible and the drive is amazing compared to wranglers I’ve owned in the 80’s and 90’s. When I drive my 2020 Rubi it really makes me feel like nothing is off limits. The added benefits are the reactions I get from people. I’ve been stopped at traffic lights, parking lots, restaurants... you name it, with people( even folks that know nothing about Jeeps) saying what a beautiful ride. If the Bronco can lay claim to all that.... hats off to them.
THIS is what I'm talking about! Same with me Whiskey19

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
One option no one has mentioned is the rock lights. That’s the kind of thing Jeep could have done but hasnt.
With a plethora of aftermarket options out there, and constantly growing, Jeep knows to not waste resources in trying to compete with that. Very smart decision on my mind. Let the factory focus on the vehicle itself, and continue to leave the next level to the aftermarket. Everyone gets to eat. That's how the Jeep world had been for years, so don't fix what's not broken.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Thanks for the correction Nick. Our son has the 2.3 Mustang Ecoboost and has been really happy with it. Ford has had that 2.3 4cyl forever...had it in the Pinto even and the Rangers of old and refined it over the years.
Same displacement, but a very, very different engine.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
As someone who is looking to buy a Wrangler, this is something that has been on my mind. Will the bronco make Jeep step up their game regarding issues that are a "jeep thing"
My 2 Wranglers have been perfect so far, no issues. My 15 Hemi Overland has been back for a water pump at 50K under warranty, that is it. My 02 4.7 Laredo was never back to dealer for anything, only thing major I had to do was the axle seals.

So yes the Jeep thing is alive and well on my end.

I would pause about Ford Things, go look at the new Explorer launch LOL

or go visit this guys site on Ford Things

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
With a plethora of aftermarket options out there, and constantly growing, Jeep knows to not waste resources in trying to compete with that. Very smart decision on my mind. Let the factory focus on the vehicle itself, and continue to leave the next level to the aftermarket. Everyone gets to eat. That's how the Jeep world had been for years, so don't fix what's not broken.
But Mopar does have a lot of options for the Wrangler including lights and they have some options available from the factory but not others.

Something like rock lights that could be tightly integrated would seem to be a good option to come from the factory.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But Mopar does have a lot of options for the Wrangler including lights and they have some options available from the factory but not others.

Something like rock lights that could be tightly integrated would seem to be a good option to come from the factory.
Yeah, just realized I quoted the wrong post. Another member was downing Jeep for not offering as many factory upgrades and accessories as Ford will. More often than not, the aftermarket affords one more bang for the buck compared to the in house versions. Not having jeeps massive aftermarket, Ford needs to provide their own, because it'll take a couple years for the aftermarket to see if it's worth getting involved.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, just realized I quoted the wrong post. Another member was downing Jeep for not offering as many factory upgrades and accessories as Ford will. More often than not, the aftermarket affords one more bang for the buck compared to the in house versions. Not having jeeps massive aftermarket, Ford needs to provide their own, because it'll take a couple years for the aftermarket to see if it's worth getting involved.
Totally agree on this. The aftermarket for Wranglers will continue to be an advantage. Jeep/Mopar have dipped their toe in on factory options the last couple of years and it will be interesting to see where they draw that line with more competition from the Bronco.

Since most people buy off the lot, the real question is how many of these options will make it into the configurations commonly ordered by dealers. Otherwise it's no different than the Mopar catalog.

Here is where I see the disadvantage of the aftermarket - and this may not be popular. There are a lot of ugly, cheap-looking Jeeps out there. I'm glad people have the option to go on Amazon and spend less than $1,000 and add a bumper, winch, lift, angry grill, and wheels to their Jeep. They should have that option. But it cheapens the brand to me. Ford will have a lot more control over how Broncos are outfitted than Jeep does.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
It'll definitely take Ford time to get the aftermarket stuff anywhere near what jeep has. But man, other people on this board with early 2018s like me know how barren it was for the jl for a loooong time. All of those factory options will go a long way in tiding people over a bit more.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Totally agree on this. The aftermarket for Wranglers will continue to be an advantage. Jeep/Mopar have dipped their toe in on factory options the last couple of years and it will be interesting to see where they draw that line with more competition from the Bronco.

Since most people buy off the lot, the real question is how many of these options will make it into the configurations commonly ordered by dealers. Otherwise it's no different than the Mopar catalog.

Here is where I see the disadvantage of the aftermarket - and this may not be popular. There are a lot of ugly, cheap-looking Jeeps out there. I'm glad people have the option to go on Amazon and spend less than $1,000 and add a bumper, winch, lift, angry grill, and wheels to their Jeep. They should have that option. But it cheapens the brand to me. Ford will have a lot more control over how Broncos are outfitted than Jeep does.
Yeah, when improperly used by someone of questionable taste, the aftermarket can turn a perfectly good jeep into looking and functioning like a nightmare. On the other hand, for such an increasingly common to see vehicle on the road, the aftermarket provides a near unlimited supply of custom configurations.

Until the bronco builds up a decent aftermarket, it'll look a bit cookie cutter. Same roof basket, wheels, etc.

Also, I have a strong feeling that their aftermarket will lead off with angry eyes and $100 light bars.

rancej

First Name
Rance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are a lot of ugly, cheap-looking Jeeps out there. I'm glad people have the option to go on Amazon and spend less than $1,000 and add a bumper, winch, lift, angry grill, and wheels to their Jeep. They should have that option. But it cheapens the brand to me. Ford will have a lot more control over how Broncos are outfitted than Jeep does
For sure. The flip side to your last sentence though is there will be a lot of the cheaper "accessory" companies rushing to get out product for the Bronco. Could be a lot of ugly Bronco's out there too!

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Axle Ratios:

3.73 Open Style Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio
4.27 Locking Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio
4.46 Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio
4.7 Electronic-locking Front and Rear Axle
Drive Options
4x4 with Part Time Selectable Engagement
Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand Engagement
Front Stabilizer Bar Disconnect
Body Options / Accessories
Tube Door Accessory Kit ( 3 Door)
Tube Door Accessory Kit ( 5 Door)
Tube Step - Power Coated
Brush Guard
Capable front bumper
Front Bumper - Heavy-Duty Modular
Winch & Winch Mounting Solution kit (FPP)
Bash Plate \u2013 Upgraded
Rock Rails - 3 Door Kit OE
Rock Rails - 5 Door Kit OE
Running Boards - Tubular
"Auxiliary Switches in Overhead Console with Front Map Lights",

I am happy to see a 16 inch wheel option as well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.