Not open for further replies.

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
My interest in the 4-door Wrangler is definitely for the cargo space. The 2 door is just too small and not practical. It looks like the 2 door Bronco will have a decent cargo area and the fact that it is slightly larger than the Wrangler, is a definite plus.

I've decided to hold off on getting a new Wrangler until I test drive the new Bronco.
That sounds like a good idea. I like the idea of a 2 door, but everyone in my family is over 6 ft and sometimes I got people in the back. I’ve grown on the idea of the Bronco and it would definitely be an option when I get a new car in the future. By the time you can test drive it, we’ll see if Jeep adds any new features and how the Bronco compares.
Sponsored

indmotor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler
I was until they drug it out so long I couldn't wait any more. They lost me last year. I had nothing but Ford cars, Trucks and SUVs for over 20 years. Now there's 1 less Ford and 2 new Jeeps.

We'll consider it when its time for my wife to get something new.
I had a Excursion 10cyl 4x4 for 15 years, new suburban was 75K dollars! so instead I bought a Wrangler for less than 1/2 that price and i am hooked on Jeep now. I will never buy another Ford/GM as long as Jeep in business. In fact I'm waiting on my special order Rubicon right now! it will be my 2nd Jeep.

JeePM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
That sounds like a good idea. I like the idea of a 2 door, but everyone in my family is over 6 ft and sometimes I got people in the back. I’ve grown on the idea of the Bronco and it would definitely be an option when I get a new car in the future. By the time you can test drive it, we’ll see if Jeep adds any new features and how the Bronco compares.

We're all tall in my family too, and it makes me miss the days of the old truly full size broncos. My brother had two broncos when we were in high school, a late 80's and an early 90's and those things were awesome and roomy.

JeePM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
My interest in the 4-door Wrangler is definitely for the cargo space. The 2 door is just too small and not practical. It looks like the 2 door Bronco will have a decent cargo area and the fact that it is slightly larger than the Wrangler, is a definite plus.

I've decided to hold off on getting a new Wrangler until I test drive the new Bronco.

I've got some order quotes right now, and I'm really close to dropping the coin, but I'd be lying if I said that Ford didnt have my attention. I've had two ford trucks for company trucks over the last 8 years, and they've been great trucks...I was never a ford guy before.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I will argue that most "young ones" aren't buying $40-60,000 Jeeps. It's us "experienced" individuals that can afford more expensive toys.
However, how many of us started with a cheap very used Jeep and got hooked?

THAT is Jeeps big advantage. Outside of the early Bronco, fullsize broncos havent really been able to hold a candle to a Jeep
Well i started with a cheap Jeep but it was new. At the time a Jeep cost about the same as a Civic.

Sponsored

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
We're all tall in my family too, and it makes me miss the days of the old truly full size broncos. My brother had two broncos when we were in high school, a late 80's and an early 90's and those things were awesome and roomy.
I honestly wish they had based the design of it on the full-size gens rather than the first. Those have more recognition with the public, (OJ and buyers who grew up seeing that gen as kids) and would distinguish them from Jeep. The Bronco looks quite similar to the Jeep especially the rear.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
One option no one has mentioned is the rock lights. That’s the kind of thing Jeep could have done but hasnt.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Also marine vinyl seats? I’m a cloth guy but what do y’all think about that?

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
One thing to consider is how long it will take for after market parts to come out for it. So, for those of us who like to tinker and change things up, you're gonna have to pay a premium when these other parts come out. It took years for some stuff to show up for the JL's. I will also be interested in pricing. Competition is going to be nothing but good for Wrangler owners. Jeep is already planning to increase the number of standard features just to stay competitive with what Ford is doing on the Bronco. Jeep will have to step up their game if the Bronco ends up being a success. That might also mean decreasing the price versus just putting higher grade parts on and increasing the price. Or even keep the price the same but with higher quality parts like they're going to do by adding the Sahara rear axle as standard on the Sports. But I am going to pay attention and see how this goes, but I like my Jeep and plan to stay on this side of the fence.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
ah, no! Have 2 new Jeeps, dont see the need for a Ford.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I'm happy with my Jeep, but I hope a ton of people buy them and put some competition out there. It'll be amazing to see how quickly the Wrangler miraculously improves and seemingly unfixable issues become magically solved once Ford takes away some customers.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I just bought my Jeep last month and love it. I think for people with JLs, it’s a good vehicle and too soon to consider replacing it with a bronco. However if the bronco was available when I bought my JL, for sure would have considered it.

JeePM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'm happy with my Jeep, but I hope a ton of people buy them and put some competition out there. It'll be amazing to see how quickly the Wrangler miraculously improves and seemingly unfixable issues become magically solved once Ford takes away some customers.
As someone who is looking to buy a Wrangler, this is something that has been on my mind. Will the bronco make Jeep step up their game regarding issues that are a "jeep thing"

Status
Not open for further replies.