Not open for further replies.

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Will be replacing my Q5 when the warranty is up, probably later next year. I am considering a 4 door Bronco or 4 door Rubi. Need to drive the Bronco and the pricing would need to be in line with the Rubi. Keeping my 18 2 door, so will either end up with one of each or 2 Jeeps.

rancej

First Name
Rance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Looking at all of the For's, Against, and Maybe's, I do wonder about the age group of the For's/Maybe's. I've owned/ridden in many of the originals (because I'm old). Not being negative...I'm truly curious.

"I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience," Ronald Reagan

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I’ll be interested to see the Bronco IF it comes to the U.K. I like my Jeep too much though to be interested enough to buy one

Sponsored

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
I'm just into a lease, so no vehicles for a couple of years. But when I think about the vehicles that I really loved and was around a lot when I was a kid/teen, Jeep was at the top of the list closely followed by Land Cruiser (we're talking late 60's/70's). Bronco was cool but not as influential in my psyche.

Luckily I'll have a few years for things to shake out. Come 2023 our next vehicle likely will be the VW Buzz as my wife really wants one of those and I don't disagree. The Jeep was a similar dynamic - we both always wanted one so she will be non-electric for a few years. I likely will buy the Jeep at the end of the lease and we'll lease her the Buzz, selling the GTI she has inherited. But time will tell...

rancej

First Name
Rance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I'm just into a lease, so no vehicles for a couple of years. But when I think about the vehicles that I really loved and was around a lot when I was a kid/teen, Jeep was at the top of the list closely followed by Land Cruiser (we're talking late 60's/70's). Bronco was cool but not as influential in my psyche.

Luckily I'll have a few years for things to shake out. Come 2023 our next vehicle likely will be the VW Buzz as my wife really wants one of those and I don't disagree. The Jeep was a similar dynamic - we both always wanted one so she will be non-electric for a few years. I likely will buy the Jeep at the end of the lease and we'll lease her the Buzz, selling the GTI she has inherited. But time will tell...
The VW Buzz should be interesting. My daily is a 35th Anniversary GLI and wife has a 2019 Beetle Final Edition.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I am/was very interested and the Bronco was a strong contender. However, this week I pulled the trigger and ordered a 2021 Rubicon diesel. I think the Bronco will be a strong competitor, and hopefully forces the Jeep dealers around here to pull their heads out of their... Ultimately, I'm guessing dealers around Utah will pull the same move they do with Raptors and charge $5-$10k mark-up, at least for the first 6-12 months. Gives me another year to decide if I want to switch or not.

UrbanCowboyAZ

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLURD, ‘02 TJ
Occupation
Real Estate
No, they took too long. When the Bronco was confirmed and the diesel was in the pipeline, I was excited to pick between them. I waited as long as I could, but Jeep came out with the diesel (which took forever) before Ford Even revealed the Bronco. Tack on another 6-8 months before production and likely dealer price gouging and Ford lost a potential sale. I ordered my diesel rubi 5/29 and am stoked to get it.

That being said, from the leaks the Bronco looks really promising and competition is always a good thing, so I’m excited for the rivalry. It should be fun!

Sponsored

Mane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner LTD
Depends on if Ford decides to make it in something other than a non-color.

If it's a good vehicle, when it's time to explore something other than my current Sport it'll be on the radar. As much as I like my Jeep, for me it would be foolish to say otherwise.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I mean yea, of course. I will closely monitor the Bronco forum for a few years, specifically paying attention to the Issues portion of the Forum. If it's like the issues portion of our forum here I won't go near it, I already have a unreliable vehicle I don't need another.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
- The 2D bronco is rumored to have a decent trunk space. You can still drive something that doesnt look like a school bus and have proper trunk space is a huge pro imo.
This, a thousand times over.

Only reason I got the 4-door (well, not only, honestly I do like the look of 4-door jeeps) was because of the cargo space I needed for my young family. My daughter is 21 months now and her car seat would've been fine in a 2-door (if a bit more of a hassle getting her in and out, but whatevs), but the near-total lack of cargo space when the back seats are up was the actual deal breaker. I would have had to invest in a small tow-behind storage for any trip lasting more than a night. Just wasn't practical for my family's situation.

If the Bronco 2-door has an actual cargo area in the back with the rear seats up, I'll take a very serious look at it in a couple years.

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
This, a thousand times over.

Only reason I got the 4-door (well, not only, honestly I do like the look of 4-door jeeps) was because of the cargo space I needed for my young family. My daughter is 21 months now and her car seat would've been fine in a 2-door (if a bit more of a hassle getting her in and out, but whatevs), but the near-total lack of cargo space when the back seats are up was the actual deal breaker. I would have had to invest in a small tow-behind storage for any trip lasting more than a night. Just wasn't practical for my family's situation.

If the Bronco 2-door has an actual cargo area in the back with the rear seats up, I'll take a very serious look at it in a couple years.
My interest in the 4-door Wrangler is definitely for the cargo space. The 2 door is just too small and not practical. It looks like the 2 door Bronco will have a decent cargo area and the fact that it is slightly larger than the Wrangler, is a definite plus.

I've decided to hold off on getting a new Wrangler until I test drive the new Bronco.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I did consider the new Bronco, but got tired of waiting and of Ford’s never-ending teasing.

Got a JLU Sahara instead and I am super happy with it. I am a multi-Wrangler owner and this JL still exceeded my expectations. Wish I could say the same about my Jeep dealer, though.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.