Not open for further replies.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Lets not compare a kitted our Bronco to a stock JL. This was a concept from 2018 EJS. It's a more likely comparison.

nacho jeep.jpg
woah, they never did release the mopar beadlock in silver did they? Looks so much better than the black imo.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
4.7 axle gearing, 35” tires, front and rear lockers, “front stabilizer disconnect” (sway bar?) 2.7 Ecoboost, “Sasquatch” package. Who the hell knows what that is.
“Sasquatch,” you know... everyone has heard about it for years but no one has actually seen one.

Like Ford Bronco...

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I dispise them as well. It seems to me they contribute to distracted driving. I prefer fewer buttons like the JK which has three large rotary dials to control the hvac which I can operate without having to look down to search for them. Even the JL with the 5" screen has simpler hvac controls than the multi tiny button JL with 7" or larger screen.
Yea, if I could go back to just a simple radio with those old-school knobs and digits I would. I'm sure there is a way to "degrade," but it's probably complicated with how much the Uconnect system is wired into everything else in the jeep and definitely would void the warranty, but I'm almost out of warranty so maybe I'll go for it.

My wife is looking at new cars right now. She looked at the Tiguan and recently the Kona, and basically nothing has a screen smaller than 7 inches these days.

I do wonder how car makers get away with these huge screens when we know people are addicted to screens and everyone knows how dangerous screens are when driving and paying attention to the road. Also boggles my mind seeing people with all these mounts and stuff for phones and tablets ON TOP of the huge screen the car already has! There are people with three or four screens in their car all pointed at their face, it's insane.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yea, if I could go back to just a simple radio with those old-school knobs and digits I would. I'm sure there is a way to "degrade," but it's probably complicated with how much the Uconnect system is wired into everything else in the jeep and definitely would void the warranty, but I'm almost out of warranty so maybe I'll go for it.

My wife is looking at new cars right now. She looked at the Tiguan and recently the Kona, and basically nothing has a screen smaller than 7 inches these days.

I do wonder how car makers get away with these huge screens when we know people are addicted to screens and everyone knows how dangerous screens are when driving and paying attention to the road. Also boggles my mind seeing people with all these mounts and stuff for phones and tablets ON TOP of the huge screen the car already has! There are people with three or four screens in their car all pointed at their face, it's insane.
At least one of those screens though is a forward facing camera. See! They are safety conscience after all! :giggle:

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The 2.7 litre ecoboost engine alone is gonna kick Jeep's ass, 325 hp and 400 lbs of torgue, better than anything Jeep presently has and the $5000 diesel doesn't count!
Why doesn’t the diesel count?

TripleB

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ (Sold), 2013 JKUS (Sold), 2015 JKUR (Sold)
With the reveal on 7/13 is anyone considering a new Bronco?

JeePM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
The 2.7 litre ecoboost engine alone is gonna kick Jeep's ass, 325 hp and 400 lbs of torgue, better than anything Jeep presently has and the $5000 diesel doesn't count!
My company daily driver (2016 F150) has the 2.7 ecoboost. I didnt get to pick the engine, as this engine wouldnt have been my #1 choice, but I will say that it scoots my full size truck down the road pretty dang good....i was surprised. Its currently sitting at 120K miles and so far so good.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
The problem with the eco diesel is... it’s a diesel. I can’t fill up at Costco, def fluid, maintenance is way more expensive, parts are WAY more expensive, no stick shift, and unknown long term reliability.

The 2.7 Ecoboost has proven to be a very reliable engine, especially since it’s got a compacted graphite iron block just like a Diesel engine. Also, the diesel wranglers are still slow. The 2.7 Bronco will be absurdly fast stock.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Not me.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was until they drug it out so long I couldn't wait any more. They lost me last year. I had nothing but Ford cars, Trucks and SUVs for over 20 years. Now there's 1 less Ford and 2 new Jeeps.

We'll consider it when its time for my wife to get something new.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer having my wife in something capable. She's currently in a Nissan juke with awd and ground clearance in between a car and an suv. We both want her to get out of it before age sets in and turns out into a money pit.

Very soon after I got my Rubi, she started making noise about possibly getting herself a 2 door Punk'n Rubicon. She doesn't share my offroad interests, so wouldn't fully utilize the capability, but the Sahara is only available with 4 doors and the Sport doesn't get all of the features that she likes about mine.

That idea died after a couple hours of running errands, in a mix of highway and back roads, behind the wheel of my JLUR. Overall she liked everything about it, but it made her realize how much she prefers a car-like ride over a truck-like one. It's the nature of the solid axle, while on road, that turned her off.

I've been showing her the teasers that Ford has been putting out, and she is interested in seeing the full reveal and eventually some test drives of the 2 door model. I've told her my thoughts that it will be quite a capable vehicle, but will be designed to prioritize on road handling over its off road capabilities. Whereas Jeep shoots for the best on road ride and handling possible, without sacrificing so much as an ounce of its off road prowess.

I'm hoping it turns into a great vehicle, that my wife likes it's looks and how it drives, and I might get to play around with a 2022 model down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.