Not open for further replies.

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Is that a push button transfer case shifter? If a manual transfer case shifter isn’t available, I am out. I had a push button transfer case shifter get stuck in 4 low in the middle of a Nellis AFB one time. I tried everything, but it would budge. I had to drive 40 miles in 4 low back the the car rental place. This was before cellphones. Also, ironically, it was a Ford (Explorer).
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the response guys, and I have to say that “crawl” gear is very interesting.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Is that a push button transfer case shifter? If a manual transfer case shifter isn’t available, I am out. I had a push button transfer case shifter get stuck in 4 low in the middle of a Nellis AFB one time. I tried everything, but it would budge. I had to drive 40 miles in 4 low back the the car rental place. This was before cellphones. Also, ironically, it was a Ford (Explorer).
It is. Keep in mind the technology has advanced greatly, and while I personally would like a manual shifter I am fine with the push button.

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
It is. Keep in mind the technology has advanced greatly, and while I personally would like a manual shifter I am fine with the push button.
I hear you, but if a manual transfer case shifter gets stuck, you can rock the vehicle while you try to force it. If it’s push button, your options are limited. Hopefully, a manual shifter is available.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Not quite...
225DC9B2-2002-49B6-B84C-11D1E5F57BC5.jpeg
I hope there's at least a detent ring and down or down and over for that reverse gear....but based on the schematic on the knob, I'd guess neither. That sux.

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Jeep never had nor ever will have competition
I suppose that depends on your idea of competition. According to the poll upon which this thread was based, more than 55% of respondents would consider purchasing the new Bronco. For most I would imagine that is instead of a Wrangler as opposed to as well as a Wrangler. That seems like direct competition.
Competition on the trail? Maybe not. Competition for people's money? Most definitely.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I suppose that depends on your idea of competition. According to the poll upon which this thread was based, more than 55% of respondents would consider purchasing the new Bronco. For most I would imagine that is instead of a Wrangler as opposed to as well as a Wrangler. That seems like direct competition.
Competition on the trail? Maybe not. Competition for people's money? Most definitely.
In one of the Ford pieces of marketing material they gave to dealers, they basically said Jeepers have been alone on their trails for a few decades and it was time for that to change. Even with the IFS, having lockers at both ends, 35” tires stock, sway bar disconnect, and great approach and departure angles will be enough to get it around Moab and other places. It may not compete with Jeep on the hardest stuff but it will get darn close, and the extra horsepower and torque will be much appreciated.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
In one of the Ford pieces of marketing material they gave to dealers, they basically said Jeepers have been alone on their trails for a few decades and it was time for that to change. Even with the IFS, having lockers at both ends, 35” tires stock, sway bar disconnect, and great approach and departure angles will be enough to get it around Moab and other places. It may not compete with Jeep on the hardest stuff but it will get darn close, and the extra horsepower and torque will be much appreciated.
I agree 100%. But to avoid senseless arguing over what percentages of people mod or rock crawl, I refuse to open that box. For my purposes, the Bronco will be a direct competitor to my stock Rubicon. Will I switch? That remains to be seen and will depend on a lot more than rumors and teasers. Will the Bronco have a better drive train? Certainly up front, almost certainly in the tranny, and I have no problem with an electronic tcase. Do I care, even a little, about SFA? Only in so much as I would prefer IFS. Am I naive enough to have brand loyalty to a company that has changed hands more times than my wife changes outfits before a night out? Nope. But, I'm one of those idiots who actually likes the fact that my Wrangler is a convertible, so whaddo I know...

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I have no doubt the Bronco might be stiff competition for the wrangler. A huge advantage the wrangler will have for at least several more years is the ready availability of aftermarket products...skids, lifts, etc.

Sponsored

Benagi

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Will you be able to tow the bronco 4 down behind a motorhome just like people do with their jeeps?

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I’m going to need a better picture or vehicle description so that I can exactly direct the tow truck driver to the correct location to pickup the disabled and abandoned Bronco.

HBJeeper

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' JLUR
It’ll be superior for sure. The build quality of a Ford is 100 times better than a Fiat or Chrysler. Less Jeeps on the road. Good. Maybe time to switch to Bronco everyone and their grandma has a Wrangler these days.
If you would have been lucky enough to own a JK with new pentastar motor or JL your opinion would be different. Everyone knows the early model Jk is a caravan. hehe

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
So I just recently went back to my 3.5 ecoboost Flex and sheesh that torque is addicting. 10 second 0-100 opposed to 10 second 0-60 on my JL.
I really look forward to that ecboost torque in the Bronco, even if it isn't the 3.5
@Toycrusher
Did we get a little loose with the numbers? Or do you have the baddest Ford Flex on the planet? :movember:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.