Not open for further replies.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Yeah. I like that they are carving out a slightly different place for the Bronco and giving it its own identity similar to the Raptor.
Thats always been my understanding, that they are just basically looking to make it a bit more well-rounded than the Wrangler. Will be very curious to see the reveal and where it’s capabilities lie.
Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
The only downside I've heard of on the Redneck is the owner stated it will not cure death wobble on the JL if you have it....which I found odd since it should minimize it by the very nature of the single ended cylinder set up.

My understanding is the Redneck Ram is also substantially cheaper as well; which, IMO....the PSC is overpriced. Not saying it's not great quality....they make very good, matched steering systems, but in the case of the JL, more expensive than it ought to be (again, IMO) considering you can do a custom full hydro set up for cheaper. They are basically milking the Jeep market like it's got tits.
No death wobble here. I have some kind of HUGE alum arms made by RPM (?) and they work pretty well but never had an issue prior either.

Yeah I think PSC is like 3k vs about 800 for the redneck. I called the joint and apparently if it takes a shit you can bypass it or repair it easily. If true that is important for what I'm doing.

BTW the only bad news I've heard about redneck is the shop I deal with. He thinks it's garbage. Yet I havent found anything that says similar, not even close, quite the opposite. The guy races so thinking he's in the mindset of super duper rigorous baja type set ups that he is used to.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
No death wobble here. I have some kind of HUGE alum arms made by RPM (?) and they work pretty well but never had an issue prior either.

Yeah I think PSC is like 3k vs about 800 for the redneck. I called the joint and apparently if it takes a shit you can bypass it or repair it easily. If true that is important for what I'm doing.

BTW the only bad news I've heard about redneck is the shop I deal with. He thinks it's garbage. Yet I havent found anything that says similar, not even close, quite the opposite. The guy races so thinking he's in the mindset of super duper rigorous baja type set ups that he is used to.
I'd wager 7075-T6...that's what everyone makes them out of....good memory, though the weight advantage is nil compared to 2x.250 wall 4130 heat treated to Rc40...and the yield strength is waaay higher.

There's been some bad reviews on Pirate, but people are pretty bitchy over there anyway. Not sure I'd put much stock in those...there are plenty of good reviews there as well.

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
90 seconds in and they’ve already got 2 things wrong. Debut is the 13th not the 9th, and the Bronco has not been delayed since the official reveal in 2017. The only delay was 6 months back in 2015 or 2016 before it was announced to return.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Let's all be honest here, looks is far more important than actual capabilities. We bought our JLs, not because we NEED to get to a particular location, but because they look frickin awesome. The capability was just icing on the cake
Not sure if this was in jest, but you have this completely backwards my friend. The first reason I bought my Jeep is because capability, second being looks. Even so, if there was something that was slightly less capable but looked cooler? I'd still go with the Jeep. Function over form almost every time for me. That said, I do think the JL is a sharp looking 4x4, as is the Bronco models we've seen. THIS is more the icing on the cake.

IFS sucks why? Because it's used on the most capable military utility vehicle ever made? Because it doesn't suffer from death wobble? Because it can actually be aligned in 3 planes instead of 1?
I'm going to be that guy and call you on a technicality: YES, IFS CAN suffer from Death Wobble- as can Any vehicle with incorrect steering and suspension geometry.

Again it doesnt matter whether or not they wheel the rig hard core, it's the fact that the rig is capable of doing it. Again, same for sports cars, how many do what they are capable of?

If they are putting the bronco up against the jeep they are marketing to the ill informed (unless they have invented workable IFS), but sooner or later they learn....some of them. lol

If they are smart they will market it as a go fast baja rig that will do some wheeling. Looking at their ad it appears that is what they are doing. Doubt we will see any bronco's on the Rubicon but it would be fun to watch.

I predict bronco's will segregate themselves from jeeps just as other ifs rigs do as to not be embarrassed. :)
This happened to the FJC. Took the piss right out of Toyota after getting embarrassed on the trail by the Rubicon. I swear after the initial round where Rubicon beat it handily on the trail, mags and other places started testing it against Grand Cherokees and less equipped Wranglers. I still remember this one anti- Jeep guy on another forum (I think he was a Toyota or Rover Fanboy) posting one such review, and then freaking out when a bunch of people pointed out they were testing the top trim FJC against a lower model Wrangler and the FJC only won out on it's road manners and the amount of gadgetry inside.

This Bronco mule just spotted looks like it'll be the Rubicon fighter... K02's, rock rails, etc.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...earing-bfg-k02-tires-and-mad-max-bumper.1500/
Largely meaningless stick ons. I'll believe it when I see some actual off road test footage.

I like Bronco. I want it to do well. I think all the test models we've seen look really cool, but until I see some actual real world test footage, that's all it does: look cool. It'll probably stick around for a while until gas gets expensive again and sales dip- then it will risk getting discontinued just like the FJC.. that is, unless Ford ditches the Exploder first and makes Bronco it's premiere SUV again, thus correcting their mistake from 1996.

Gillytickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2.0 Turbo, 2" MOPAR lift
Not sure if this was in jest, but you have this completely backwards my friend. The first reason I bought my Jeep is because capability, second being looks. Even so, if there was something that was slightly less capable but looked cooler? I'd still go with the Jeep. Function over form almost every time for me. That said, I do think the JL is a sharp looking 4x4, as is the Bronco models we've seen. THIS is more the icing on the cake.

I'm going to be that guy and call you on a technicality: YES, IFS CAN suffer from Death Wobble- as can Any vehicle with incorrect steering and suspension geometry.

This happened to the FJC. Took the piss right out of Toyota after getting embarrassed on the trail by the Rubicon. I swear after the initial round where Rubicon beat it handily on the trail, mags and other places started testing it against Grand Cherokees and less equipped Wranglers. I still remember this one anti- Jeep guy on another forum (I think he was a Toyota or Rover Fanboy) posting one such review, and then freaking out when a bunch of people pointed out they were testing the top trim FJC against a lower model Wrangler and the FJC only won out on it's road manners and the amount of gadgetry inside.

Largely meaningless stick ons. I'll believe it when I see some actual off road test footage.

I like Bronco. I want it to do well. I think all the test models we've seen look really cool, but until I see some actual real world test footage, that's all it does: look cool. It'll probably stick around for a while until gas gets expensive again and sales dip- then it will risk getting discontinued just like the FJC.. that is, unless Ford ditches the Exploder first and makes Bronco it's premiere SUV again, thus correcting their mistake from 1996.
They just remade the explorer where it's an actual SUV again and not a crossover. I highly doubt the explorer gets ditched.

BroncoWranglerski

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still not convinced Ford is going to pull this off. If they do I have room in my garage next to the Wrangler. In a completely different direction, my buddy, the smartazz, sent me this pic of the new Bronco. Yes that’s my wrangler.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks Like Ford Bronco is Serious About Taking on the Wrangler C49C2D28-571A-437E-B88B-A3ABA1C9DF50

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
They just remade the explorer where it's an actual SUV again and not a crossover. I highly doubt the explorer gets ditched.
I know. That was more my editorial on how salty I am. That's when most of the 4x4's died off and become crossovers, if not a shell of their predecessors. Basically Minivans on Steroids. It was a sad time.

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So I just recently went back to my 3.5 ecoboost Flex and sheesh that torque is addicting. 10 second 0-100 opposed to 10 second 0-60 on my JL.
I really look forward to that ecboost torque in the Bronco, even if it isn't the 3.5

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
So I just recently went back to my 3.5 ecoboost Flex and sheesh that torque is addicting. 10 second 0-100 opposed to 10 second 0-60 on my JL.
I really look forward to that ecboost torque in the Bronco, even if it isn't the 3.5
I think the bronco will have a nice engine. It'll have to.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

Gillytickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2.0 Turbo, 2" MOPAR lift
I bet they use the 2.7 v6 ecoboost. If they do... that'll be a hp monster for the size of the bronco.
If they do the 5.0L Coyote... my wrangler will be gone...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.