Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Anybody watching this tonight, should be the way the Bronco is introduced 7/13?
Yes. I'm watching. This is where all Ford's profit is. Always interested in what they bring to the new models.
Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I think the point that we are making is that IFS will get you 99% of the places that a typical off roader is willing to drive his 50k rig.
Of course it is not as good for rock crawling and there is nothing you can do which will make it better. But.... as you say for everything else it's fine and often even better.
The annoying thing about the Wrangler though is that usually a solid axle rig has the major advantage of a huge payload capacity, but the Wrangler's payload is shit. I actually cannot even figure out how they managed to make a rig with such a small payload limit.

Don't get me wrong. I love my wrangler and I'd only trade it for a 79 series land cruiser. Which I can't get here.

Solid axles also have the clear advantage of being MUCH MUCH MUCH easier and cheaper to modify.
I think the point is ifs will get YOU 99% of the places YOU want to go. Nothing wrong with wheeling lightweight trails. Others either do harder trails and others want a rig that will do them but wont do them.

The bronco is a baja rig and likely highly capable there and has SOME technical trail capability. Fire roads will be it's home, and that is pretty fun too. My sweetly set up suspended JL is a hoot on fire roads but likley the baja bronco will clean my clock.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Sure is. After owning my first f150 I now know what all the fuss is about. Mine is an old 2009 SCREW but I love that dang thing.
Well honestly they didn't show much for the average truck buyer. Just bells and whistles.

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Not to veer off-topic but this is a big pet peeve of mine. People who think you need a Rubi to disconnect a sway bar. I can do it in 5 minutes on my Sport and it is stock - no quick disconnects. The electronic disconnect, while convenient, to me is probably the least interesting feature of the Rubicon.
I used to think the same thing but a push of the button is pretty dang convenient. I wouldnt want to be without it until it breaks and have to pay for a new one. I hear it's like a grand!!!!

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
How cool would it be if this IFS nonsense is just that, nonsense and a ruse and on the 13th we find a REAL bronco with a SFA.
Someone on the Bronco forums said it will get 3 different suspension setups.... we’ve seen the base, and the ranger-raptor esque suspension. Type 3 is a mystery...

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I used to think the same thing but a push of the button is pretty dang convenient. I wouldnt want to be without it until it breaks and have to pay for a new one. I hear it's like a grand!!!!
I used to think it was a cool feature until I was wheelin and 2 of my friends had their swaybar automatically reconnecting several times on different trips bc they hit 25mph on trails. They didn't realize it until they started lifting tires on the next obstacle. I'd rather take 30 seconds to use quick disconnects and stay disconnected at whatever speed I want.

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what would happen if they improved the TTB design Maybe it could compete with the wrangler:movember:

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Got one on the floor in my shop....i'll take half that if one of you breaks yours, LOL.

Currie AntiRock (though the Sway-Loc is supposedly better) ...never looked back.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I wonder what would happen if they improved the TTB design Maybe it could compete with the wrangler:movember:
TTB sucked. I highly doubt it could ever compete.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Got one on the floor in my shop....i'll take half that if one of you breaks yours, LOL.

Currie AntiRock (though the Sway-Loc is supposedly better) ...never looked back.
I might take you up on that. Had a antirock on my TJ and thought it was great on and off road.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Someone on the Bronco forums said it will get 3 different suspension setups.... we’ve seen the base, and the ranger-raptor esque suspension. Type 3 is a mystery...
I'll be both happy and sad. When I found out the bronco had IFS I was somewhat relieved because I went JL. IF they have a SFA it will have me rethinking....it would take a lot to get me to switch though. The JL is really impressive.

I dont know that it would make much business sense to do both setups. IF they did, it would satisfy the ones that dont mind a watered down trail rig and still have a bronco with what we hope is a sweet motor.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I used to think it was a cool feature until I was wheelin and 2 of my friends had their swaybar automatically reconnecting several times on different trips bc they hit 25mph on trails. They didn't realize it until they started lifting tires on the next obstacle. I'd rather take 30 seconds to use quick disconnects and stay disconnected at whatever speed I want.
lol. THat happened to me too and through some nasty crap. I still made it but wondered why it was harder then normal then realized the deal. That does suck and a reason to go currie.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.