• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I’ve been posting bronco content on reddit and elsewhere for a few years now... you pick up some connections. The base price is indeed over $35k.
I'll just have to take your word for it. It just seems absolutely crazy to price yourself out like that especially when you're positioning your vehicle so clearly against a particular competitor.

Prox entry auto trans I don't really consider higher-end items these days, though. I feel like there are quite a few cars/SUVs that offer auto trans (a lot of vehicles don't even offer manuals anymore) and prox entry at base trims or close to base trims, and turbo engines seem more and more prevalent.

But I take your point. The doors do sound awesome!
Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I'll just have to take your word for it. It just seems absolutely crazy to price yourself out like that especially when you're positioning your vehicle so clearly against a particular competitor.

Prox entry auto trans I don't really consider higher-end items these days, though. I feel like there are quite a few cars/SUVs that offer auto trans (a lot of vehicles don't even offer manuals anymore) and prox entry at base trims or close to base trims, and turbo engines seem more and more prevalent.

But I take your point. The doors do sound awesome!
I agree with them not being higher end things nowadays... but they are in the wrangler. Ford is just simplifying their lineup to be able to buy stuff in bulk. Sure Jeep saves a couple of bucks by doing crank windows and manual locks, but they would also save if they didn’t have a separate supply chain needed for that stuff.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I think Ford made the right choice.

It's gonna make the pavement ride on the Bronco so much nicer than a jeep, and let's be honest: I'd wager at least half, perhaps even much more than half of people who buy jeeps these days are doing it for the appearance and lifestyle image.
Have you considered that a rougher, more older truck type of ride is part of the Wranglers appeal? It's important for a vehicle like this to be separate from the rest of the crowd and not with it. Wranglers do well because they're unique.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It’s the 4-door sport that has to start in the upper $30s and be generally equipped in the low $40s. I think if they do that they will be ok.
I agree with them not being higher end things nowadays... but they are in the wrangler. Ford is just simplifying their lineup to be able to buy stuff in bulk. Sure Jeep saves a couple of bucks by doing crank windows and manual locks, but they would also save if they didn’t have a separate supply chain needed for that stuff.
I bet Jeep would get rid of those options if it could. That stripped model is part of the brand DNA. Ford doesn't have to do that.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
We won't be seeing Broncos until 2021, 2020 is the Lost Year.
I'm looking forward to the competition, make Jeep work for its market share. A Bronco that sells well is good for us, the buyer.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Have you considered that a rougher, more older truck type of ride is part of the Wranglers appeal?
Yep, of course! It's why I have one!

You missed my point, though. My point was that even though all these people have bought wranglers (record numbers for the JL, right?), my guess would be a good deal more than half don't actually enjoy the rough ride and may not even use the offroad capabilities at all. They just like the branding and lifestyle imaging. And that's fine, but those are the people who will be lured away by a vehicle that does mostly similar things but has more of the "luxuries" people want along with a smoother pavement feel.

I think the Bronco is going to do really, really well. Still have to see that entry price point, but it'll sell crazy in the beginning. If nothing major seems to go wrong over the first couple years, I think it will continue to sell well even if it's not up to snuff offroading.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Yep, of course! It's why I have one!

You missed my point, though. My point was that even though all these people have bought wranglers (record numbers for the JL, right?), my guess would be a good deal more than half don't actually enjoy the rough ride and may not even use the offroad capabilities at all. They just like the branding and lifestyle imaging. And that's fine, but those are the people who will be lured away by a vehicle that does mostly similar things but has more of the "luxuries" people want along with a smoother pavement feel.

I think the Bronco is going to do really, really well. Still have to see that entry price point, but it'll sell crazy in the beginning. If nothing major seems to go wrong over the first couple years, I think it will continue to sell well even if it's not up to snuff offroading.
No, the point was not missed. Sales have only accelerated more and more since 2007. The Wrangler has dominated it's segment for the last 10 years. That's not a short time period by any means. The appeal is not some fad. Most Wrangler owners want a simple, rugged ride. Sure, some people will be swayed. I just think you're grossly overestimating how many will be.

Sponsored

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
Ford sucks. I owned one and it literally blew up the next day. They also just have crappy designs, engines, and powerplants. Their fans and employees suck the most though. How do they fucking think that they'll steal sales from THE WRANGLER!! The Wrangler is a historic name with heritage. Sorry, had to go on that little rant. But seriously, the Wrangler will dominate the Shitnco!

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
best sentence in the article Jeep fans widely regard the Wrangler as the primary vehicle for rock climbing and other off-road adventures such as rock crawling.
And don't forget rock clambering!

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I think the Bronco is going to be pretty cool. I also think pricing will be starting much higher than the Wrangler. Not sure if pricing has leaked it's way out yet or not.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.