Local Bronco shill

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Ford has sold more Wranglers by creating " Bronco Fatigue", the constant delays have people tired of waiting for " coming soon" , only to be punted into an uncertain future. Considering Ford's stock valuation, "Bronco" may never materialize.
The Bronco’s initial timeline from back in 2015 had production beginning in July of this year. It sounds like production will be beginning in January or February. 6 months of delay for a 5 year project for one of Ford’s most important vehicles is not bad at all. Consider that the gladiator was delayed almost an entire model year, and that’s a vehicle that was based on an existing platform and model.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I swear I almost thought I was looking at a Wrangler.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks Like Ford Bronco is Serious About Taking on the Wrangler D50918F2-C45D-461A-B737-DC095675E41D

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks Like Ford Bronco is Serious About Taking on the Wrangler D50918F2-C45D-461A-B737-DC095675E41D

Well, they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery..
It's a "Brangler"

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I hope it comes out and does well. We'll all benefit if FCA gets some competition.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The Bronco’s initial timeline from back in 2015 had production beginning in July of this year. It sounds like production will be beginning in January or February. 6 months of delay for a 5 year project for one of Ford’s most important vehicles is not bad at all. Consider that the gladiator was delayed almost an entire model year, and that’s a vehicle that was based on an existing platform and model.
Ford first announced the idea of bringing Bronco back in 2005. Then the Great Recession hit and Ford almost went bankrupt. Plans for Bronco were shelved. Then in 2015 it gave Bronco the green light, again. Since then it’s been a painfully slow drip of teases, leaked drawings and cryptic press releases.

Ford was supposed to finally reveal Bronco at the New York Auto Show last April, but then Coronavirus hit and the show got canceled. Now the launch has been put off six more months.

In the time it took Ford to develop Bronco, Jeep will have given us 12 years of JK, 4 years of JL and 2 years of JT.

At one point I was excited. Now I am just tired of the wait. I moved on and bought a JL; couldn’t be happier with it.

If and when Bronco comes out, it will have a lot of built up anticipation to live up to.

Official reveal of the Ford Bronco in 2005
Jeep Wrangler JL Looks Like Ford Bronco is Serious About Taking on the Wrangler 2005-ford-bronco-22

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ford first announced the idea of bringing Bronco back in 2005. Then the Great Recession hit and Ford almost went bankrupt. Plans for Bronco were shelved. Then in 2015 it gave Bronco the green light, again. Since then it’s been a painfully slow drip of teases, leaked drawings and cryptic press releases.

Ford was supposed to finally reveal Bronco at the New York Auto Show last April, but then Coronavirus hit and the show got canceled. Now the launch has been put off six more months.

In the time it took Ford to develop Bronco, Jeep will have given us 12 years of JK, 4 years of JL and 2 years of JT.

At one point I was excited. Now I am just tired of the wait. I moved on and bought a JL; couldn’t be happier with it.

If and when Bronco comes out, it will have a lot of built up anticipation to live up to.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks Like Ford Bronco is Serious About Taking on the Wrangler 2005-ford-bronco-22
You forgot two years of TJ in there as well, so Jeep has had 3 Wrangler models and a Jeep truck in the time it has taken Ford to make the Bronco that it hasn't even released yet. On top of that the thing looks a heck of a lot like a Jeep AND it doesn't even have a SFA. If you listen closely that's the sound of a balloon deflating in the background.

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill

Totally fair. Ford has a lot of ‘splaining to do and hopefully they live up to the hype they’ve built.

I’ve got my hopes up, and hopefully it will force Jeep to innovate too. I’m pretty set on a Bronco based on what I currently know, but I could easily see buying a used JL 2 door or next gen wrangler down the line.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I hope it comes out and does well. We'll all benefit if FCA gets some competition.
Right now new Ford Explorers go for $30k-$62k. In general I think the Explorer has a lot more interior content than the JLU but less in the running gear department. Based on this I would guess that the Bronco would have a hard time undercutting the JLU in price. It may appeal to some Jeep buyers and thus would be competition in that regards. I was hoping it would offer some competition in order to improve the situation for consumers.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Also one on display for Trump’s speech... under wraps still.

I have a feeling the reveal is imminent. Like before end of the month imminent.
Jeep Wrangler JL Looks Like Ford Bronco is Serious About Taking on the Wrangler 413821AC-934D-431E-AF01-7731D2B9EAC5

Also Ford engineers bringing prototypes home
Jeep Wrangler JL Looks Like Ford Bronco is Serious About Taking on the Wrangler 7CA811AE-86A4-4E1D-8C18-F246CCB3CEA9

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.