Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting how Ford is already claiming the Bronco to be the Greatest Off Road Vehicle of All Time...

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ford-bronco-g-o-a-t

They are tooting their horn about their patented suspension but all I could think about was it's still not SFA and I sure as heck wouldn't want a computer controlled suspension while off roading and it sure sounds like it is seriously computer controlled.
Sponsored

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Ha, I have seen you have never owned a Mazda.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
I will take Ford Sync over the Uconnect I have in my Jeep anytime, Ford beats the heck out of FCA in electronics!
hmm, uconnect has been regarded as one of the best infotainment systems out there (especially non luxury) for several years. i will say we had a 2012 explorer with sync and had 7 trouble free years with it. uconnect is a much better system though. the system in the new rams put fords sync to shame.

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I will take Ford Sync over the Uconnect I have in my Jeep anytime, Ford beats the heck out of FCA in electronics!
I haven't owned a Sync 3 system, but owned multiple Sync 1 and 2 and they sucked royally. My Uconnect 8.4 is buggy and crashes often but still far better than anything Sync I've used

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Interesting how Ford is already claiming the Bronco to be the Greatest Off Road Vehicle of All Time...

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ford-bronco-g-o-a-t

They are tooting their horn about their patented suspension but all I could think about was it's still not SFA and I sure as heck wouldn't want a computer controlled suspension while off roading and it sure sounds like it is seriously computer controlled.
It's just speculation based on a patent filing so take it with a grain of salt.

I agree it's not what I want in my Jeep. But I am glad Ford (and Land Rover) are bringing some new ideas to the table. It has to be good for innovation in the long run.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ford “quality”, eh? Lemme know how easy it is to use Ford Sync versus UConnect.

Also, something about Ford’s hyperbole on a Fox entertainment site makes me chuckle.
Don't even bring up MyFordTouch. What a hunk up crap and they just abandoned it.

I have a live hate relationship with our '13 Explorer. Its the bestvtoadtrip car I've ever owned and has never left me on the side of the road in 130K miles, but damn that thing had a lot of issue that the factory QC should have caught and plenty after that. It did seem to settle out around 70K miles and has been solid since

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I try not to be biased because it was a long time ago but the late-90s Explorer I had was a piece of shit.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
What the hell are you smoking?:mad:;) Sync has to be one of the worst in the industry. My Ranger is a great truck but damn the infotainment is just plain horrible. My Lincoln was awesome but the Sync is plain shit. That's the biggest bright spot on FCA. The infotainment is the leader in the industry. Period. There is no debating this point. Ever.:fingerscrossed:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.