• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aenima

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Ruby
Man, I just looked at the latest leaks and updates for the Bronco, it's interesting I and thought I'd discuss a thing or two about it. Then I read the previous three pages....fuggit, there's no point. Way too many dudes trying to stretch their d!cks out and then arguing about whose is the longest.
Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Man, I just looked at the latest leaks and updates for the Bronco, it's interesting I and thought I'd discuss a thing or two about it. Then I read the previous three pages....fuggit, there's no point. Way too many dudes trying to stretch their d!cks out and then arguing about whose is the longest.
Lots of us would prefer to discuss the Bronco...

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
:whew::whew::whew::whew::whew::whew:

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
Starting Monday America will experience something never before seen. Mass self-isolation. Most companies will ask employees to stay or work from home a minimum of 2 weeks, probably more....
Ford is asking all employees to work from home, save for all critical-business roles.
Guess, what, building cars is mission critical for car companies. The plants with thousands of people in them are still up and running.

Cancelling the debut because a few 'press' personalities might have to be in the same room with each other is just a lie to fool you about what Ford thinks is important.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
UAW will make sure all the plants are shut down in the next few days....that may greatly reduce potential short term incentives...

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Your name = :rock:

I assume you're referencing my favorite band. If not, it's still a cool name!

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Ahem...

Seems like the 10% number is just flat wrong....based on the SEMA study provided earlier:....

62% of registered TJs and JKs are "accessorized" according to SEMA's report (Pg 7). Of those, 55% offroad their vehicles (pg 32 of the report)....so according to that, roughly 34% of those vehicles are offroaded.

https://www.sema.org/market-research/pdf/33057_SEMA_Wrangler_Report.pdf

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Ahem...

Seems like the 10% number is just flat wrong....based on the SEMA study provided earlier:....

62% of registered TJs and JKs are "accessorized" according to SEMA's report (Pg 7). Of those, 55% offroad their vehicles (pg 32 of the report)....so according to that, roughly 34% of those vehicles are offroaded.

doesn't take into account the non modified jeeps that off road, as this is focused on sema vendors.

so real number definitely over 50%

Last edited:

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
dorsnt take into account the non modified jeeps that off road, as this is focused on sema vendors.

so real number definitely over 50%

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say definitely....but pretty darn likely.

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Ahem...

Interesting discussion....I tend to think closer to 10% or less of JL owners prob take their jeep where 4wd is legitimately needed. The TJ attracted a way more purist buyer compared to the refined JL...I dont think those SEMA stats including the TJ translate to the JL. You didn't see soccer moms daily driving TJ's...the average TJ owner seems much more likely to modify and go offroad.

The JK obviously attracted a broader audience, but annual sales show it didnt appeal to the masses like the JL has so far. The JL's refinement has expanded it's appeal with daily drivers and families. Also, the JL's higher pricepoint likely deters people for fear of damaging and depreciation.

Considering all these factors, I imagine a good bit lower % of people are taking the JL offroad vs. the JK.

Last edited:

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
You guys are hilarious. Even with the skewed results, you still are trying to make it fit your narrative. It's been conceded that no one actually believes that it is %10 that was just a number pulled from the air to illustrate a point. A point that you provided proof of from the article. Whose results are likely skewed by people not wanting to admit that they spend all that money on accessories they will never use. And then grasping at straws to say that there are at least %17 of Wrangler owners who wheel their Jeeps stock. It's okay to admit that most Wrangler owners won't wheel their Jeeps. We still have more owners who do wheel than anything else.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting discussion....I tend to think closer to 10% or less of JL owners prob take their jeep where 4wd is legitimately needed. The TJ attracted a way more purist buyer compared to the refined JL...I dont think those SEMA stats including the TJ translate to the JL. You didn't see soccer moms daily driving TJ's...the average TJ owner seems much more likely to modify and go offroad.

The JK obviously attracted a broader audience, but annual sales show it didnt appeal to the masses like the JL has so far. The JL's refinement has expanded it's appeal with daily drivers and families. Also, the JL's higher pricepoint likely deters people for fear of damaging and depreciation.

Considering all these factors, I imagine a good bit lower % of people are taking the JL offroad vs. the JK.
That was never the discussion though....

To change it to the "JL" now is simply an attempt to move the goal post.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You guys are hilarious. Even with the skewed results, you still are trying to make it fit your narrative. It's been conceded that no one actually believes that it is %10 that was just a number pulled from the air to illustrate a point. A point that you provided proof of from the article. Whose results are likely skewed by people not wanting to admit that they spend all that money on accessories they will never use. And then grasping at straws to say that there are at least %17 of Wrangler owners who wheel their Jeeps stock. It's okay to admit that most Wrangler owners won't wheel their Jeeps. We still have more owners who do wheel than anything else.
Didn't bother to read the report, did ya? If you had...there was a section that specifically addressed the fact that a large percentage of 'accessorizers' only did it for "appearance" and didn't go offroad.

But thanks for playing.....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.