Not open for further replies.

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Seriously. No one cares about your bickering. Take it to a private message.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
In fairness unless Ford does an online reveal there’s nothing else to talk about. We might as well bicker.

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
How long can Ford afford to delay it though? There are plenty of people who are already tired of waiting and have moved on.

I'm kind of pissed the wait has made me lose the opportunity to pick up a Punk'n Diesel.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Damn virus, I get the Machiavellian politics going on behind the scene, but still
I assume you haven't had a loved one affected by it, then, and/or you're not older or have pre existing conditions that put you more at risk. In all cases, count me jealous, and I hope you appreciate how fortunate you are.

I'm not here to say "run for the hills" or whatever, but it's people refusing to even acknowledge the virus that are screwing over the populations at risk and are prolonging this episode far longer than it needed to go. As for politics, this is one of the few things that shouldn't be affected by it. I agree that politicians will always try to politicize something, but in this case, we should all be united in concern. Simple precautions that should have been instituted back in January would've helped immensely, but now here we are looking ahead most likely at many more weeks of increasing cases and deaths. Everybody just needs to put their pride aside and try to help out a bit.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
L M A O.

So according to you we have to like it better than the JL or we're closed minded? That is an absolutely insane take. Some of us don't like bubbly, rounded vehicles. The interior on the JL is nicer than the Audi S5 I sold for it, you must not have optioned yours correctly.
Hey now! You leave the 911 and VW Beatle out of this! OK I will cut you some slack on the Bug, I am not a fan. Lol! I love 911s as much as Wranglers. I am definitely a fan of both. I agree my JLR interior is great, love it, red dash and all. The entire JL package is great. I still catch myself looking back at my JLR after parking it. That's true love!

In all seriousness FCA did a REALLY nice job with the JL. I think they hit it out of the park. I am blown away by how civilized and refined the Wrangler has become over the years. Anyone who does not think so has not driven past Wranglers. lol. All that while being even more capable. All the engine choices, new 8-speed automatic completely transforms the way Wranglers drive and feel. Never in a million years would I expect a Wrangler to drive so nice. Impressive power and great MPG for a Wrangler.

My only gripe is some quality control issues. And FCA and it's dealer network can definitely do better customer service wise. The fact that Jeep Cares monitors this forum is a start.

I firmly believe competition is good for the consumer. I am glad there are choices and options for everyone. I am looking forward to the new Bronco. Not as a replacement for my JLR but as a option for another fun vehicle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
How long can Ford afford to delay it though? There are plenty of people who are already tired of waiting and have moved on.

I'm kind of pissed the wait has made me lose the opportunity to pick up a Punk'n Diesel.
The vast vast vast vast vast majority of potential customers doesn’t care because they barely know of its existence.

To be clear, Ford isn’t delaying the start of production. They are delaying the start of their marketing for the Bronco. Production wasn’t scheduled to start until the fall at the earliest.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
They say it's been canceled due to Wuhan 400, which is pretty retarded if you ask me

Damn virus, I get the Machiavellian politics going on behind the scene, but still
At the end of the day the Bronco is just another truck. There are way more serious concerns now.

I get some people are very anxious to see the Bronco but the Covid-19 is causing havoc around the world. And now it's in our backyard. It's a genuine concern that affects everyone globally. The truly unlucky ones get affected directly and loose love ones. The luckier ones get affected indirectly and have to live with some inconveniences. The inconveniences are just beginning.

This is far from over. The virus will certainly pass but the global economy will take time to recover. This Bronco reveal could not have happened at a worst time. Ford's current stock prices confirm this.

Last edited:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
At the end of the day the Bronco is just another truck. There are way more serious concerns now.

I get some people are very anxious to see the Bronco but the Covid-19 is causing havoc around the world. And now it's in out backyard. It's a genuine concern that affects everyone globally. The truly unlucky ones get affected directly and loose love ones. The luckier ones get affected indirectly and have to live with some inconveniences. The inconveniences are just beginning.

This is far from over. The virus will certainly pass but the global economy will take time to recover. This Bronco reveal could not have happened at a worst time. Ford's current stock prices confirm this.
Economy will bounce right back, and with a vengeance.

The Wuhan 400 will be over soon, and then everyone will go back to their lives

Ford'll recover as well

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Economy will bounce right back, and with a vengeance.

The Wuhan 400 will be over soon, and then everyone will go back to their lives

Ford'll recover as well
Viper88 is right. The virus scare may pass in a few months but it is causing major damage to the global economy. There will be a rebound but I am afraid there is more downside ahead. It will be even worse if the sheeple elect tax hungry politicians next fall. Ford’s bond ratings are junk right now...a fall off in sales is another big negative.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Seriously. You're not the moderator or admin, nor do you have the authority to tell anyone else what to do.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I assume you haven't had a loved one affected by it, then, and/or you're not older or have pre existing conditions that put you more at risk. In all cases, count me jealous, and I hope you appreciate how fortunate you are.

I'm not here to say "run for the hills" or whatever, but it's people refusing to even acknowledge the virus that are screwing over the populations at risk and are prolonging this episode far longer than it needed to go. As for politics, this is one of the few things that shouldn't be affected by it. I agree that politicians will always try to politicize something, but in this case, we should all be united in concern. Simple precautions that should have been instituted back in January would've helped immensely, but now here we are looking ahead most likely at many more weeks of increasing cases and deaths. Everybody just needs to put their pride aside and try to help out a bit.

Out of curiosity, what would those "simple precautions" consisted of, IYO?

Hindsight is always 20/20....but I do have to wonder what sort of intrusions on liberty would be deemed 'appropriate' in such instances of pandemic to safeguard not only people's lives but the economy as well. That's a very delicate balance.

Last edited:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Viper88 is right. The virus scare may pass in a few months but it is causing major damage to the global economy. There will be a rebound but I am afraid there is more downside ahead. It will be even worse if the sheeple elect tax hungry politicians next fall. Ford’s bond ratings are junk right now...a fall off in sales is another big negative.
Patriots
Are
Now
In
Charge

Why things will turn around once the Wuhan 400 dies down, according to the Q folks and why I'm optimistic

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Patriots
Are
Now
In
Charge

Why things will turn around once the Wuhan 400 dies down, according to the Q folks and why I'm optimistic
Patriots
Are
Now
In
Charge

You mean:
Politicians
Are
Now
In
Charge

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Odd that health insurance companies are staying somewhat silent in this fiasco. :whatsgoingon:Or have I missed something?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Odd that health insurance companies are staying somewhat silent in this fiasco. :whatsgoingon:Or have I missed something?
I can only speak for my company. We set up a website and have taken a number of steps -

- Allowed prescriptions to be filled early
- no prior approval for Covid testing
- no fees for covid testing
- virtual pcp visits offered at same cost as office visit
- no prior approval for covid treatment
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.