Not open for further replies.

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery, 392 Daytona, JK
Rover predates Jeep as a company by two years so it obviously predates the Bronco. People acting like Land Rover copied the Bronco back then obviously don’t know their history or much about the Rover. It’s vastly different than a Bronco other than being a boxy 4x4 which all of them back then were. I’m glad the boxy design is back in style by more than just Jeep
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara

The majority of us could care less about how or what other people choose to use or do to their vehicles.

The sentiment (resentment?) in this thread seems to be people taking offense to other people imposing their bias opinions on them and preconceived notions of how to use their vehicle and what or how things “should” be.

All the while Ford knows that nostalgia is profitable and if it makes dollars then it makes sense.

Get it or don’t get it, think it’s beautiful or think it’s ugly... at the end of the day who cares? Everyone has an opinion and it’s OKAY to agree to disagree.

Gringostarr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S Diesel Ocean Blue
Occupation
Architect
Not sure is this has already been posted but here it goes:

Screenshot_20200311-083046_WhatsApp.jpg
These are looking a lot better than the previous images we've seen. Also impressed with where the rear roll bars come down on the top off bronco in the second image. For me it's coming down to price/options since i could go either way with IFS/SFA.

Sponsored

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
These are looking a lot better than the previous images we've seen. Also impressed with where the rear roll bars come down on the top off bronco in the second image. For me it's coming down to price/options since i could go either way with IFS/SFA.
I feel the exact same way, I also like that the doors and top can be taken off without tools.

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
How do you guys know that they can be taken off without tools?

Gringostarr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Architect
One more thing, the top off bronco in the background of the second image looks like it's the 2 door, and based on what I can (barely) make out seems like the bronco 2 door will have a bit more cargo space than the 2 door wrangler which would be perfect for my needs. Now they just need to put the 2.7 as an option (this was confirmed happening by a friend I 100% trust so good news there) and price the raptor version around where rubicons are priced and it would be very hard to chose a wrangler over this for me.

I also really like that there are roof rails included on the hard top since transferring my partners 28' rowing shell and my kayak around is another essential use for this. A small thing to be excited over I know but one less thing I would have to upgrade if I got a wrangler.

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara

Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
How do you guys know that they can be taken off without tools?
We don't "know," but it's been inferred from patents obtained by Ford. They also have a patent in which the door is essentially a tube door with a removable skin. It's unclear whether that's in addition to, or separate from the tool less latch system.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
One more thing, the top off bronco in the background of the second image looks like it's the 2 door, and based on what I can (barely) make out seems like the bronco 2 door will have a bit more cargo space than the 2 door wrangler which would be perfect for my needs. Now they just need to put the 2.7 as an option (this was confirmed happening by a friend I 100% trust so good news there) and price the raptor version around where rubicons are priced and it would be very hard to chose a wrangler over this for me.

I also really like that there are roof rails included on the hard top since transferring my partners 28' rowing shell and my kayak around is another essential use for this. A small thing to be excited over I know but one less thing I would have to upgrade if I got a wrangler.
The Wrangler JL hardtop does have rain gutters full length, unlike the JK, and removeable cross bars are a lot quieter than permanent racks.. Did you say 28 FOOT Rowing Shell ?? That's a long load !

rkan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 VW GTI Autobahn
I think it looks great. And I hope it's a huge success for Ford and forces FCA and Jeep to step back a little, look at the Wrangler, and seriously address quality control and pricing.
THIS! Competition is good. Benefits the consumer.

Gringostarr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Architect
The Wrangler JL hardtop does have rain gutters full length, unlike the JK, and removeable cross bars are a lot quieter than permanent racks.. Did you say 28 FOOT Rowing Shell ?? That's a long load !
It may be 28' long but it's maybe 14" wide and if it wasn't for it's length I could pick it up with one hand. She has a very specialized rack attachment that locks it down incredibly well even at highway speeds and in high cross wind conditions, but it absolutely requires mounting cross bars to utilize. Transported it from Spokane to OC over the span of 2 days last year pretty easily, just have to be mindful of how much the overhangs are.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
We'll be ordering a 2 door as soon as we can. Still keeping my JL but the Bronco will replace our 2011 JK.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.