Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
Uh....IFS.
Uh....IFS.
Yep, that's one point in favor of the Wrangler for the small minority for whom this is actually a functional essential. But in the grand scheme, IFS may not turn out to be seen as a negative by the majority of the market, and it is certainly not a functional essential for most. Emotional essential? Perhaps. But that's just another form of posing, isn't it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Yep, that's one point in favor of the Wrangler for the small minority for whom this is actually a functional essential. But in the grand scheme, IFS may not turn out to be seen as a negative by the majority of the market, and it is certainly not a functional essential for most. Emotional essential? Perhaps. But that's just another form of posing, isn't it.
Ah...backtracking on your meme I see.

Funny...you seem to want to hurl the insults and categorize people as "posers" if they don't do what you think they should with their vehicle.

How 'bout we just let people do whatever the fuck they want with their property provided it doesn't infringe on anyone else's natural, negative rights?

Just a thought.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

BlueCJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
IFS wouldn’t bother me if the road manners are better. Not planning on rock crawling.

I’m having a moment though. I find myself justifying the high price (for me) of a JLU because I want so badly to get back into a Jeep. Why? It’s an emotional response I guess, having grown up with them. I wouldn’t consider spending the same amount on a Ford Bronco, or any other truck. Unless the reliability turns out to be superior, lol.

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Not directed at anybody in particular, but function > form, and we know zilch about the former at this stage.

Meme 2020-03-10 at 07.45.12 PM.jpg
Well all we have now is a picture of what it looks like so that’s all we can discuss.

but honestly looks do matter. I don’t see anything wrong with that. It needs to be both.

jeep doesn’t sell 200,000 Wranglers/year to people who don’t care how it looks.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
There are more than a few out there. This was from Uwharrie last year.
21864494-A513-4215-ABF4-2257F2136B96.jpeg
Oh, I know they're out there. Just not that many in my neck of the woods. And most of the Guys I know have an EB as a trail rig and a daily driver. I don't think they're planning on getting a new Bronco, but I'm sure I'll see them around.

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Let’s see...

solved the side view mirror issue.
I bet it doesn’t have the death wobble.

hell if there’s no gutter water raining down into the vehicle when I open the door I’d consider it over the wrangler.

all ford has to do is make a good looking car that addresses all the issues the wrangler has and they’ll easily steal sales.

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery, 392 Daytona, JK
Now try to imagine 1st gen bronco when looking at Disco 2, since that's what they mimicked .
wheel arch looks exactly disco 2 not first gen. Headlights look kinda first gen but more like 03/04 disco 2 than first gen. It’s closer to disco 2

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
For those who are power junkies, 2.7 might make you forgo V8 sound for the sake of better powerband and much cheaper tunning - $/hp. Let's hope it's an option on few trims.
Engine (block made of high carbon iron) can handle more power than axles I bet.
1st - just 93oct tune
2nd - e50 mix tune and turbo back exhaust.

Screenshot_20200311-060056_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200311-060835_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
My opinion is that the style is just lacking. I feel that they should have had a more bold statement to compete with the Wrangler. Deeper character lines down the side of the body, a grill that is more reminiscent of the EB with some concave area, and a larger "power buldge" on the hood. The design just doesn't make me want it. I feel like it looks like a dull bubble. No definition at all. It will sell, and it will steal market share from the Wrangler. But time will tell if it will be a enthusiast vehicle and have staying power or not. The IFS will alleviate some of the largest gripes that people have with the Wrangler. But it will also make it a vehicle that many won't even consider.

Sponsored

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
Ah...backtracking on your meme I see.

Funny...you seem to want to hurl the insults and categorize people as "posers" if they don't do what you think they should with their vehicle.

How 'bout we just let people do whatever the fuck they want with their property provided it doesn't infringe on anyone else's natural, negative rights?

Just a thought.
Lighten up, Francis. That's not what I said.

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Here's my take about the new Bronco...

I like it. Now, will I choose it over my JL? No. Why? Because of the type of wheeling I like to do. I've tried IFS rigs a couple times before and didn't work for me.
Is it a strong competitor to the JL?
Yes and no. No to the offroad enthusiasts that need articulation. Yes to the ones that don't need that much articulation, love all the other features of the Wrangler, but have suffered or are afraid of the death wobble and want a softer ride.
I see it more like a direct competitor to the new Defender with a much affordable price.
My wife wanted a Defender and now that she saw the new Bronco, she wants to wait too see its interior.
That would be a relief for my pocket :LOL:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
IFS is better in 90% of off-road scenarios, so IFS is better.
Depends on what kind of off road. The Wrangler and it's suspension is a specialized tool for a very specific task. It built it's loyalty and legacy on that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.