• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
I’m very excited for the return of the Bronco. The latest 2 door pic is giving me 1st gen (1966 - 77) vibes :)

Good news for all. Competition is a great thing. The Wranglers are overpriced (60K for a Rubicon is insane) due to the lack of competition. I can’t blame FCA for taking advantage though. If the market is willing to pay.
I was surprised that the Bronco doesn't appear to be any wider, except in the engine compartment. I would have though cabin space and storage would be one area they would try to outdeliver compared to Wrangler. It seems as though they'll focus on power and the necessary cooling for it, along with comfy street ride instead.

The choice of frameless windows by itself seems good, but when you take into account that the B and C pillars have to be much wider to provide that seal it seems like a poor payout for the trouble.
Sponsored

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I'm looking forward to it, going to suck if I do trade in the wrangler and take a loss.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Sure, why not ...

Yep! Saw the jalopnik article this morning and was thinking "Yep, FCA is doomed"

Maybe a bit dramatic but Ford has a lot better reputation than FCA does. It will probably make a dent in the Wrangler's sales... unless...

There's a sizeable market of people who want a Wrangler but don't want a FCA Wrangler! It's always possible. I'm guessing anyone who has to lemon law their JL will end up buying a Bronco.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Yep! Saw the jalopnik article this morning and was thinking "Yep, FCA is doomed"

Maybe a bit dramatic but Ford has a lot better reputation than FCA does. It will probably make a dent in the Wrangler's sales... unless...

There's a sizeable market of people who want a Wrangler but don't want a FCA Wrangler! It's always possible. I'm guessing anyone who has to lemon law their JL will end up buying a Bronco.
If it looks good, has better on road dynamics, can take doors/top off and has at least 80 percent of the off-road capability of my JLUR, I'll trade mine in solely because by the time the the Bronco is for sale, I'll have the itch.

And I bet a lot of people on this forum get the itch and will be looking for a reason to buy a vehicle.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Sure, why not ...

MAR05 2 Door 2021 Bronco.jpg

MAR05 2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door Leak Image wut.jpg

MAR05 2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door Leak Image1.jpg

I can’t help but think how much the rear looks like the JL. Non-Jeep owners won’t notice the difference until they get to the front.

That said, I think the Wrangler has some real competition. One concern I have is that Ford dealers will be able to differentiate this by pointing out the steering problems on the JL. The Bronco, and it’s IFS, isn’t likely to have any issues in that area.

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
I can’t help but think how much the rear looks like the JL. Non-Jeep owners won’t notice the difference until they get to the front.
To be fair, from the back most people aren't going to notice the difference between pickups either, and half the crossovers all look like the same jellybean from the back too.

I'm sure that's why Ford only dispersed these photos of it, and not the money shots looking at the front end.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
That said, I think the Wrangler has some real competition. One concern I have is that Ford dealers will be able to differentiate this by pointing out the steering problems on the JL.
Between that & the 2.7 which will embarrass the Pentastar Jeep had better put on their big-boy pants & respond with better products, quality, and service. Currently on a good day we get one of those 3...

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I too am looking forward to seeing the Bronco. I hope I don’t have buyers remorse for the Recon I ordered five weeks ago. I’ve had a good experience with my 2015 Rubicon...but some of these threads make me second guess my decision. My wife has the 2.7 in her Edge...and it’s fairly quick. I wish I could put that motor in my Jeep. That said, Ford is notorious for bad quality in first year production - just look at the new Explorer....

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I'm pretty excited to see the finished product. I'd strongly consider jumping ship. I'm not a fan of FCA's lack of quality issues, lack of customer support, price gouging, amongst other issues.
FCA could and should do much better QC and customer service wise. Some dealers should be abolished. I put up with somethings because Wranglers historically had incredible resale values. Resale is in question now because they are making so many, blowing them out, selling to rental companies. None of that is good for resale.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
FCA could and should do much better QC and customer service wise. Some dealers should be abolished. I put up with somethings because Wranglers historically had incredible resale values. Resale is in question now because they are making so many, blowing them out, selling to rental companies. None of that is good for resale.
I was just telling my wife this the other day. FCA is actually giving rebates in top of employee pricing on the 2020 wrangler, even with 2018 and 2019 new ones on the lots. I have already seen value dropping here due to the sheer number of them available. I remember when i bought my 2018 it was a struggle at first to get anything discount wise as everyone had the "we don't discount Jeeps" attitude. That is long gone.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I was just telling my wife this the other day. FCA is actually giving rebates in top of employee pricing on the 2020 wrangler, even with 2018 and 2019 new ones on the lots. I have already seen value dropping here due to the sheer number of them available. I remember when i bought my 2018 it was a struggle at first to get anything discount wise as everyone had the "we don't discount Jeeps" attitude. That is long gone.
Cars are almost never a good investment.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.