• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lumberjack357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
If color is the deciding factor in owning a JL, or not, I'm glad you don't own one, hang on, there's a Ford in your Future. You own a JK, why troll on the JL Forum..
Why would I buy a JL in a color I don't want when the colors change every year and when I already own a JK? Just to satisfy your Jeep fanboi ideology?

The JL is a nice evolution from the JK but it's not so groundbreaking that I would dump my JK for a JL that didn't have ALL the features of my JK (including color) in addition to the improvements of the JL.

Owning a JL is not a prerequisite for being a member on this forum. I fail to see how I am trolling. There are people here that are JK owners and some that don't currently own a Jeep at all. Ohhh the horror! The horror! Someone is posting without owning a JL.

If anything, your post was the one trolling.
Good day, sir.
Sponsored

lumberjack357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Here is the 2 door picture from the same person who posted the rear of the 4 door. The departure angle on the 2 door looks pretty impressive, that tire looks pretty far back.

Pictures removed from the Bronco forums, so i removed it from my post as well.
Seems that was the first real leak and all the others have been Ford approved/created.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
That's why I don't own a JL.
I'm not considering a JL unless Hydro Blue comes back. Once you go Hydro Blue nothing else will do lol
LOL!! I get it! Hang in there!!

My favorite JK blues were cosmos blue and hydro blue. As part of the Jeep family, Ram trucks has a limited color Holland blue which looks really nice on the Jeep as well.

AEV showcased a two door JL at SEMA 2018 and it was stunning. I uploaded a picture in another thread but in case you missed it...

CF374433-80BD-4E12-AE94-26D824AC3415.jpeg

Cheers!!! :beer:

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Sure, why not...
WOW!!! If that’s legit, good on Ford. Not going to bash it at all because if it makes money, it helps the economy and if it helps the economy... I’m not going to be the one to say no.

That being said... I am going to give some old fashion ribbing to potential ford owners and say that imitation is the BIGGEST form of flattery... meh heh heh heh heh keh keh keh..... :CWL: :jk::flag:

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
WOW!!! If that’s legit, good on Ford. Not going to bash it at all because if it makes money, it helps the economy and if it helps the economy... I’m not going to be the one to say no.

That being said... I am going to give some old fashion ribbing to potential ford owners and say that imitation is the BIGGEST form of flattery... meh heh heh heh heh keh keh keh..... :CWL: :jk::flag:
I was afraid they might do the recessed fender from the first few years of production, i never liked that.

Technically they were all in imitation, Bronco, Scout, FJ, etc. So this is "Heritage Mimicry" :)

Last edited:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Why would I buy a JL in a color I don't want when the colors change every year and when I already own a JK? Just to satisfy your Jeep fanboi ideology?

The JL is a nice evolution from the JK but it's not so groundbreaking that I would dump my JK for a JL that didn't have ALL the features of my JK (including color) in addition to the improvements of the JL.

Owning a JL is not a prerequisite for being a member on this forum. I fail to see how I am trolling. There are people here that are JK owners and some that don't currently own a Jeep at all. Ohhh the horror! The horror! Someone is posting without owning a JL.

If anything, your post was the one trolling.
Good day, sir.
Best example of "JL Envy " so far, keep on explaining, posting without owning a JL isn't the issue, vaccuous pontificating is...carry on !

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Best example of "JL Envy " so far, keep on explaining, posting without owning a JL isn't the issue, vaccuous pontificating is...carry on !
Seriously? Knock it off. Using those types of words is confusing, I had to look up vaccuous and pontificating... geesh

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I guess it's all about perspective?

Want to see something fast?

Here is a video of some soldiers who take apart and reassemble a Jeep in about the same time it takes to fill up your JL.

seen it before, pretty cool. The lame battery's of today are good for commutes to work and back. Perfect for that aside from the fact I'm hearing when all said and done the battery cars actually pollute more. Havent checked into it much but it wouldnt surprise me in the least.

But the sizable portion of buyer want a vehicle that is a tad more capable and dont want to spend the night in a hotel for a 12 hour charge to fill it up. Thinking most jeepers/bronco owners would kind of balk at that given the nature of the rigs. ;)

Back to the video..wonder how many fill ups or assemblies could be done in the same time it takes to charge a battery from empty to full. lol

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Ford was building Jeeps when Willys was building Jeeps. Hardly an imitation.
yes they were, because of the war effort. It was thought they couldnt build them fast enough so the had ford and others build the jeep for them. So yes it was an exact imitation. We'll see how well they imitate them now...doesnt look good so far. ;)

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
I’m very excited for the return of the Bronco. The latest 2 door pic is giving me 1st gen (1966 - 77) vibes :)

Good news for all. Competition is a great thing. The Wranglers are overpriced (60K for a Rubicon is insane) due to the lack of competition. I can’t blame FCA for taking advantage though. If the market is willing to pay.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.