First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
That 7 speed manual, with the Super Granny Low will be very useful...maybe Ford will have a " Better Idea"
I expect that the transfer case will only be available with a 2.72 to 1 ratio, so the granny low will be very useful.

lumberjack357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
None of those colors do anything for me. I saw them posted in the Bronco forum a while back and was disappointed. With the exception of Cyber Orange, they look like they belong on a Lincoln Town Car.
Race Red is sweeeeeeet (says the guy with a Firecracker Rubi).

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Almost every new car has some kind of black box data recorder. Some JLs definitely transmit data. Your cell does plenty of transmitting.
Tracking the cell phone... that’s a given. And black boxes are one thing; I understand the idea behind them, but they aren’t the same as what that article is talking about. I don’t like the idea of my vehicle continuously sending data to mother FCA who can then sell it.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Almost every new car has some kind of black box data recorder. Some JLs definitely transmit data. Your cell does plenty of transmitting.
Not all of us have cells. ;)

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
If the future is electric vehicles, it’ll likely be trading one problem for a new one such as the massive hunt for rare earth minerals that is not landscape or environmentally friendly to the countries it’s mined in. Then...the batteries. We’ll see how clean that recycling is if/when all world vehicles are needing new batteries. We’ll see if people step up as skeptical stewards of the environment and landscape. As of now, the tech and capacity to store electricity seems to have mostly stalled...years ago. Then we’re distracted that the problem is charging speed too.

It may be pushed to happen, but I think the best compromise is gas/electric reclaiming otherwise wasted energy like eTorque etc. Maybe the Bronco will get an option like that.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Status
Not open for further replies.