Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
For mile long 200+ mph competition, the Charger is more aerodynamic than the Challenger. I’ve been in and out of the LX Forums and various Challenger forums since ‘09 and with the same setups, I’ve never heard of the Charger accepted as being faster than a Challenger on a drag strip. They weigh about 100-150lbs more generally.
I checked a few sources, the new Charger R/T is faster than a few year old challenger both 0-60 and 1/4 mile. The new (2019 and 2020) are so close that depending on driver it is a toss up when comparing same trim level. However a Charger r/t scat pack will outrun a challenger r/t. I always thought the challenger was faster, it they are pretty much equal. Looks wise I much prefer the Charger. I love the new Mustang, but 2 door is not for me for a few reasons.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I checked a few sources, the new Charger R/T is faster than a few year old challenger both 0-60 and 1/4 mile. The new (2019 and 2020) are so close that depending on driver it is a toss up when comparing same trim level. However a Charger r/t scat pack will outrun a challenger r/t. I always thought the challenger was faster, it they are pretty much equal. Looks wise I much prefer the Charger. I love the new Mustang, but 2 door is not for me for a few reasons.
I am with you on this. The new Mustang Shelby GT500 is bad ass. Might not be a perfect fit for someone but it demands respect even at $90K with the Carbon Fiber Track pack. Ford hit it it out of the park.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
The performance may be close but so is the weight. Now the SP is a whole different animal with the 6.4 with 485hp vs the ~370 of the RT. Low 12’s. The Challenger SP will run a hero run of 12.1 and 11.8 or 9 with DR’s.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 2.7 the Motor in the Focus RS that was blowing up around 60K mi? Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread. Honestly, they might have been better going with the Eco-Boost V6 in the F150.
no that was the 2.3 4cyl. They had bad head gaskets.

Sponsored

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I guess the Bronco will have the 10 speed automatic; anybody heard anything good or bad about it? Me? I'm very impressed with the Jeep's 8 speed and for that reason, i would not consider ever buying an old Jeep unless we're talking early 80's and it's a basket case and I somehow have a lot of time / money to spend.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I guess the Bronco will have the 10 speed automatic; anybody heard anything good or bad about it? Me? I'm very impressed with the Jeep's 8 speed and for that reason, i would not consider ever buying an old Jeep unless we're talking early 80's and it's a basket case and I somehow have a lot of time / money to spend.
I have it in my Ranger. Its seems like a good transmission. Not sure its as good as the 8 speed as far as shift quality. I think Jeep/Dodge did an awesome job with the programming. Its going to be pretty tough to best the 8 speed.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I have it in my Ranger. Its seems like a good transmission. Not sure its as good as the 8 speed as far as shift quality. I think Jeep/Dodge did an awesome job with the programming. Its going to be pretty tough to best the 8 speed.
I’ve owned or driven 4 different iterations of the ZF and not a bad one yet. They all are in the right gear for the situation from my experience. I have heard a few grumbles about the Ford 10spd auto like you mention. Nothing major though.

As far as gear ratios, surely we’re done needing more. Most vehicles have at least 1k rpm spread between peak torque and HP.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Muscle car is an American term for high-performance cars, usually but not limited to rear-wheel drive and fitted with a large and powerful V8 engine. The term originated for 1960s and early 1970s special editions of mass-production cars which were designed for drag racing.[1]
No offense intended.....as I said, I don't think of it that way.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The 10 speed is a joint venture with GM. It’s one of the best modern automatics made.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/24/ford-bronco-raptor-mule-spied/

I don't believe that this is a mule for the F150. Even though it is based on the F150. If that makes sense. I can't see any market for a standard cab short bed truck. Everyone has come to expect that trucks have room behind the seats for kids, tools, groceries, etc. The only standard cab truckstthat are really being sold are in fleet.

So I agree with the writer of this article, that this mule will be for a SUV, and will likely be called Bronco. And it clearly is not the Bronco that we have seen thus far.
Ah, interesting. I was referring to the regular cab short bed Raptor spied last June, which turned out to be a Tremor.

That's crazy if they're going to make a full-size Bronco again. Not sure what to think.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
No offense intended.....as I said, I don't think of it that way.
No offense taken. It doesn't really matter what you call any vehicle. But then again in these days, where men "identify" as women and women identify as men and some people probably don't even identify as people, anything can be anything!

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
No offense taken. It doesn't really matter what you call any vehicle. But then again in these days, where men "identify" as women and women identify as men and some people probably don't even identify as people, anything can be anything!

LOL.....soooooo true. :clap:

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an off the cuff question....but are all models of Charger "muscle cars" or do you have to graduate to a certain hp level? The base SXT is only 292 horse; the GT is 300, the RT is 370, Scat Pak is 485, etc.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.