Status
Not open for further replies.

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
They're still filing patents on it? ...
The number one reason Ford files patents with pictures or ideas related to Bronco ... tons of free Bronco advertising without actually telling or showing us anything relevant.

They dribble stuff like this out on purpose. I'd bet my life on it.

joec63

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy's 2 Door
They're still filing patents on it? Hasn't this thing been released yet?!?! The Bronco team is like a high school student who's late on a term paper and tells his teach it will be done soon as he made a ot of progress yesterday, when in reality that progress was that he actually checked out a book from the library on the subject :D

uhh...patent was filed May 2018 so it's been in the works

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Happy Fordhog Day!!! That's right, its February 20th, 2020, and Jim Hackett saw his shadow, which unfortunately means 6 more fiscal quarters until we see the Bronco ;)

And, FYI, despite all my jokes, I'm looking forward to seeing the new Bronco. I just can't believe how long it is taking to get any real information.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Looks like IFS from
upload_2020-2-25_12-58-33.png
latest pictures

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
The 2.7l and IFS has been known for a while. The new unknown is the Raptor mule that has been spotted recently. It is a standard cab short bed, with a brace in the bed that could simulate a SUV body, and coils in the rear suspension.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The 2.7l and IFS has been known for a while. The new unknown is the Raptor mule that has been spotted recently. It is a standard cab short bed, with a brace in the bed that could simulate a SUV body, and coils in the rear suspension.
I believe you're thinking of the F-150 Tremor mule

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Ford has a lot riding on this ; their stock is down to record lows ( before Corona virus) they need a mega hit to pull them out of the doldrums. Timing is Everything, and their timing couldn't be worse. The epidemic is shaping up to be a Pandemic, jobs and the economy are going to take a hit. People might consider $30,000 and up vehicles just too expensive for the new economic climate , new territory for everyone. Making History isn't what it's cracked up to be...

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
That is one hell of a motor, beats anything Jeep presently has!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 2.7 the Motor in the Focus RS that was blowing up around 60K mi? Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread. Honestly, they might have been better going with the Eco-Boost V6 in the F150.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.