Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
This is the body style for sure and don't ask me. 4 door is the same.

Bronco.jpg
This is not the design. This has SFA, and the mirrors are not even mounted to the right place. Posting something over and over does not make it true unfortunately.

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
The new renderings are making the new Bronco look pretty enticing....

Personally, I have had some pretty bad experiences with my last Ford 4WD system and Ford corporate did not handle it well. But man, this thing looks like it may have some chops.

BTW: I am not one to limit my toys....I doubt this would take my JLs place in the garage.

Doc

https://www.motor1.com/news/391415/2020-ford-bronco-rendered/

2020-ford-bronco-new-rendering.jpg

2020-ford-bronco-new-rendering.jpg

Sponsored

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
The build quality and dealer support can surely beat FCA. I would be seriously interested in one if the interior is configured to hold my emergency stuff without compromising the configuration too much. I am getting less interested in a solid axle, so that might be the reason for me to pass and just enjoy Toyota.

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Yep....the renderings are based on those camouflaged images. I hope it looks this good!

ford-bronco-colorful-renderings.jpg

I think it's cool and competition is good BUT I've had some really bad experiences with Ford.
You are telling me.....My last F150 (2015) had continuous problems with the vacuum driven 4WD and crappy plastic 4WD hub actuators. All gone bad at 29,000 miles and repeated service visits afterwards (I think 9 in total). The dealer had multiple trucks in at any given time with the same problem. Any dealings that I had with Ford Corporate were negative and made me never want to buy their product again....on the other hand, the dealer was awesome and compensated any way they could.

My local Jeep dealer just pretty much told me to ignore the Autostart dash light that has been on for a month now.

The build quality and dealer support can surely beat FCA. I would be seriously interested in one if the interior is configured to hold my emergency stuff without compromising the configuration too much. I am getting less interested in a solid axle, so that might be the reason for me to pass and just enjoy Toyota.
Jeep fanboys....Don't read this: I had a love affair with my FJ cruiser....the lack of solid axles was really of no concern for my style of off roading and the on road experience was way better than any Wrangler can provide. I could drive that thing effortlessly across the country and back.
As long as they design the Bronco without that stupid Vacuum line dependent 4WD and stuff an ecoboost 3.5 in it....I'm probably in.

Doc

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
"Move it ?" The sheer weight of this discussion, over a million hits, thousands of replies, is a Route Map for both Ford and Jeep ; ,as such it is a valuable marketing tool. The Jeep Loyalists will benefit from a better product, Ford is welcome to the crumbs ,it should cut down on the Whiners as they migrate to the Bronco...be careful what you wish for, Ford...

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Agreed, love my Wrangler but interested in what Ford offers in the Bronco.
Same!

I think the Bronco has a chance to eat into Jeep sales. Most Jeep owners don't care that their rigs are great rock-crawlers. Many buy Jeeps because of the "cool factor." Others used to mod Honda Civics and have now graduated to Jeeps.

If the Bronco looks cool and is somewhat customizable, it will sell. People like to be unique. Seems like 1 out of every 20 vehicles in my town is a Wrangler.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I think the Bronco has a chance to eat into Jeep sales. Most Jeep owners don't care that their rigs are great rock-crawlers. Many buy Jeeps because of the "cool factor." Others used to mod Honda Civics and have now graduated to Jeeps.

IF the Bronco looks cool and is somewhat customizable, it will sell. People like to be unique. Seems like 1 out of every 20 vehicles in my town is a Wrangler.

That said... I love my 2-door Jeep and plan to keep it as long as I can.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

IF the Bronco looks cool and is somewhat customizable, it will sell. People like to be unique. Seems like 1 out of every 20 vehicles in my town is a Wrangler.

That said... I love my 2-door Jeep and plan to keep it as long as I can.
If it has a license plate, it might be a "town Wrangler".

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
I just got a my new Jeep and the bronco is ugly. Plus I struggle to own one so there no chance. My plan is to have this Jeep for a long long time
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.