Status
Not open for further replies.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Problem for Ford is Jeep has gone in and ate the whole lunch, by the time OJ gets his act together with a locked in design, spend over a billion and 12 months tooling a plant to make said Bronco, Jeep will have probably sold over 750K units LOL hence taking all those customers who potentially consider a Bronco but are now in a Jeep. Jeep folks tend to keep their Jeeps and with long loans are probably out of the market. Aslo since many Wrangler folks mod their Jeeps they have even less inducement to jump ship.

My bet is Ford is targeting a soft roader with IFS as mentioned where you can remove the doors and top, will dual it with another vehichle and pray they can sell 75K units to make the plant viable, kind of like the LX cars where they sell Charger 300 and Challenger and between the 3 models on the same line means a viable plant.

Ford dont have that luxury, no front IFS or wont work with another truck or SUV unless they too are solid axle if they go that route.
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Historically it is true Ford has struggled with front suspension, embracing the worst designs and digging in their heels.

Totally Twisted and Broke debuted in '80 and they managed to maintain that abortion for 17 years. Then with their IFS in '97 they went to problematic vacuum actuated IWE's - I honestly don't know how long the IWE's stuck around -- are they still used in the '09-14 F150s?

It would take MAJOR BALLS for Ford to find the courage to run a SFA and I don't think they've got the moxie. I really hope I'm wrong but I fear if the new Bronco were SFA that would have leaked by now

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill

Well I guess we’re going to find out if it’s a competitor or not in just a few months.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
F@cked
On
Roadside
Dead

Let’s keep the Ford fanboy love off Jeep forum.. :)

Reactions: VNT

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Historically it is true Ford has struggled with front suspension, embracing the worst designs and digging in their heels.

Totally Twisted and Broke debuted in '80 and they managed to maintain that abortion for 17 years. Then with their IFS in '97 they went to problematic vacuum actuated IWE's - I honestly don't know how long the IWE's stuck around -- are they still used in the '09-14 F150s?

It would take MAJOR BALLS for Ford to find the courage to run a SFA and I don't think they've got the moxie. I really hope I'm wrong but I fear if the new Bronco were SFA that would have leaked by now
my first car was an 80s bronco I was constantly replacing front brakes because the front suspension dove and put full weight on front of the vehicle while stopping... I wouldn’t make a year on a set of pads

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
my first car was an 80s bronco I was constantly replacing front brakes because the front suspension dove and put full weight on front of the vehicle while stopping... I wouldn’t make a year on a set of pads
I had to do lots of repacking and adjusting front wheel bearing on mine. It's mostly is lawn art these days. Probably because I was running 33x12.50s on something that came with 27s (205/75r15)

20191101_095649.jpg

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I had to do lots of repacking and adjusting front wheel bearing on mine. It's mostly is lawn art these days. Probably because I was running 33x12.50s on something that came with 27s (205/75r15)

20191101_095649.jpg
I had a bronco 2 as well running stock suspension with similar tires, and had similar front suspension issues and brake issues

still someday I want a 69 bronco or IH scout or scout 2, as a fun car... but that’s when I am done funding children..that is why I love the Jeep, I get similar still, but modern off-road capability, and safety with good on road dynamics.. get the both of both worlds which is perfect for my family life

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Here again, the media focuses on what is not important.

Basically, a bunch of apps in a dash screen are supposed to make it capable off-road.

I wonder if any of the apps can tell you, "You're screwed, shoulda done a solid axle swap."
I mean we literally have no idea what front suspension it will have, Ford has kept everything under such tight lock and key that any new info is news.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
My money is on IFS with sway bar disconnect on top off road package.
Well that is based on absolutely no factual information so probably not a good bet. The only rumor we know is that Ford has tested both and made a decision but we do not know what that decision is.

Status
Not open for further replies.