• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
If they made OJ the Bronco spokesperson they would sell a million of them. In the commercial He could drive down the interstate in LA all slow with a bunch of cops following him while wearing a bloody glove. Yep, that would work.
I love that. The " OJ Bronco " with a top speed of 45 mph. You can have any color you want as long as its white!
Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Renegade and Cherokee. Patriot and Compass were Daimler leftovers I believe. I thought the Cherokee KL was based on some Alfa Romeo SUV platform?

1). Most of the Wrangler parts aren't fiat parts. Engines are Chrysler, axles are Dana, and manual Trans are Asin. Not sure the Auto trans, so you could be right on that.
The auto trans is a German ZF and by far the best component in the Wrangler. The new diesel is a Fiat design, and Fiat parts and direction for design are being put through out Jeep lineup.

The 3.6 is not the 3.6 that was in the JK, based on the pinging and wierd startup sounds half the time I would guess Fiat magic was heavily invloved.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Is this thing vaporware? Where the hell is the actual vehicle?

Tip for Ford: in order to even attempt to sell a vehicle, you must first actually produce said vehicle -- and for those who want to make a clever comment about pre-orders, you can't hold that money FOREVER - at some point consumers want their money back if an actual product does not materialize
Totally agree. I preordered a Rivian when they announced it. Since then the dates for being able to build, know price, test drives keep getting pushed back and everything on the show car we have found out is a paid option (on top of the 69k starting price).

I just tapped out for a full refund. Basically I wasn’t going to get a final price likely until well into 2020 and to make it like the show car looks like it will be well into the 100k territory.

Ford has been teasing this thing Forever and it’s not even a 2020 model.

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Looks like Ford has its hands full with the disastrous launch of the new Exploder

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...explorer-lincoln-aviator-delivery/2292795001/

"No question, Ford sources say they're working rapidly.

A source involved with Explorer repairs at the plant said problems include:

• Explorer chassis issues. X-rays are being used to try to diagnose problems.
  • Explorer transmission-related questions that prevent the vehicle from going into park or properly sensing the vehicle is in park. Some transmissions are not going into park and the computer is automatically activating the parking brake. Also, the computer cannot determine whether the vehicle is going into park properly and then not activating the brake, which means the vehicles are rolling away.
  • Explorer and Aviator air-conditioning systems that blow heat only.
  • Aviator suspension issues. The new system has auto leveling, which drops the vehicle down slightly when it’s unlocked and approached. But they’re arriving with suspensions in failure mode.
Ford sources say they're puzzled by even mundane situations, such as missing emblems and trim pieces and having the wrong wheels."

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Ford has its hands full with the disastrous launch of the new Exploder

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...explorer-lincoln-aviator-delivery/2292795001/

I wonder what impact, if any, this will have on the launch of the new Bronco. I could see it going two different ways: Focus all their attention and resources on the Explorer which could impact the Bronco's launch date, or launch the Bronco earlier than expected to divert attention from their bungled Explorer launch.

I just want to see the thing, it's been far too long with so little information at this point.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual

A source involved with Explorer repairs at the plant said problems include:

• Explorer chassis issues. X-rays are being used to try to diagnose problems.
  • Explorer transmission-related questions that prevent the vehicle from going into park or properly sensing the vehicle is in park. Some transmissions are not going into park and the computer is automatically activating the parking brake. Also, the computer cannot determine whether the vehicle is going into park properly and then not activating the brake, which means the vehicles are rolling away.
  • Explorer and Aviator air-conditioning systems that blow heat only.
  • Aviator suspension issues. The new system has auto leveling, which drops the vehicle down slightly when it’s unlocked and approached. But they’re arriving with suspensions in failure mode.
Ford sources say they're puzzled by even mundane situations, such as missing emblems and trim pieces and having the wrong wheels."
Lovely

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
What is sad, they build them at the plant in Chicago, and ship all "bad ones " to another plant at Flat Rock to be fixed? Sounds like their 10 spd trans has issues, and all kinds of problems, makes the JL launch sound like it was seemless:)

What plant is supposed to be tooled up to make this new full size Bronco?

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What is sad, they build them at the plant in Chicago, and ship all "bad ones " to another plant at Flat Rock to be fixed? Sounds like their 10 spd trans has issues, and all kinds of problems, makes the JL launch sound like it was seemless:)

What plant is supposed to be tooled up to make this new full size Bronco?
I have a 2013 Exolorer and it has had an unfair share of issues. I blame it all on the Chicago Assembly Plant and their QC team. A leather seat had a 3 inch unseen sean and a 6 inch thread hanging out out it on delivery for starters. From there it went down hill until about 65K miles when the dealer sorted it all out. at 125K, it's been pretty good and the best road trip car I've had.

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well, I toured the Newark plant back in 2001, they built the Durangos there. I had at the time 15 yrs experience in manufacturing in automated fluorescent lamp plant, so appreciation of the automation and ergonomics. They had some smart tricks, like painting the body, then removing the doors and rear hatch for interior build off the line and then mating them later in the process, this allowed easier install of interior like IP panel/dash and the huge head liner and seats. Also took 17 hrs from stamping to finished Durango.

Anyhow that is crazy sending thousand of crap units to another plant to be corrected.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
All I'm going to add is the new JLTV has IFS and 43" tires and they cannot be stopped it seems, even if they are the same 96" wide as all military vehicles
They can be stopped just like any Hummer. Try to take them over some 2' - 4' rocks, up ledges, etc... Their IFS is great for what they are designed to do but not for rock crawling.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
if it looks like that it will sell like hotcakes!
The pick shows IFS. My guess is they are targeting the mall crawl crowd vs. the off road crowd which makes sense from a business perspective since most people mall crawl.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.