Not open for further replies.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
A lot of my friends have or had Fords, hell, I have a second cousin that owned a Ford dealership at one time. But, I've had no joy from any Ford I've owned, 2 T-birds, a Mustang and the last giant steaming turd - a 2011 Taurus! And the Ford dealers in the Raleigh area must get their mechanics from the short bus school of finger painting and automotive. I wouldn't trust them to tie their own shoes. Despite all the "FIAT" is crap posted here, I have yet to find that to be the case with my Jeep. Now it could start this afternoon with more headaches than I got time for but so far - so good.
I have a theory: now we all know the known issues that affect nearly all vehicles to the point of a massive recall, they all have the same bad design/parts/engineering etc, but why do some cars have issues and others are fine? why are some cars great and run forever as long as you change the oil ?
I'm thinking that in all assembly there are tolerences and in picking parts, there are some better than others from vendors, so every once in a while, the best of the best happens - everything aligns and a great car/truck etc is made. It's the one that you just can't let go because it's been so good, relieable, and like an old pair of jeans - just feels perfect. I got a 2012 Camry that fits this description.
Sponsored

T43

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I was a Ford guy for a long time. Haven't had anything good to say about them in the last few years. We are finally almost through the Fords in our fleet at work and it can't happen soon enough. From leaks on new rigs to overall poor fit and finish to reliability issues Ford has gone down hill and I don't see the new bronco bucking that trend, (see what I did there).

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Just so it is clear, I don't expect it to look like that at all. That is why I stated it was a render, and "If" it looked like that I would go for it.

Also, that render has IFS like the Raptor, so since they figured out how to run 35s on a Raptor, there is no doubt they could do it on the Bronco if it is a similar platform. At this point, I am actually ok with IFS "IF" it is on a Bronco raptor type vehicle. I would like the high speed ability and stability on the highway. I don't do as much actual rock crawling that would really require a straight axle, so IFS, good travel, and 35s would work for me. If I want a hard core off-road vehicle, there is no doubt the wrangler is better. Since my vehicle is also a daily driver, If the Bronco is IFS and can run 35s I will really look at it. I could always then build an LJ for the rocks and tow as needed for longer trips.

Don't mistake my open mind to the Bronco as a hate for the Jeep. I am picking up my 3rd JLUR Saturday. If I did not believe in, or like the platform I would have moved to something else by now. On the technical trails, I absolutely love my Rubicons. The only area I wish it was better was for highway long seat time driving comfort. (Seats are not ideal for 12+ hour days in the Jeep). I have spent multiple 10+ straight hour days on trails, and 16+ hours on the highway at a time so I know what the limitations are for me personally. I am looking into new seats as that is something I feel should make a huge improvement.
I have 37s on my F150 4x4 with lift kit. Fitting 35s would be no big deal.

Rockit73

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sprt S, 02 Night Train, 2016 F6B
I traded my 97 Ranger and 2011 Mustang towards my Jeep. They were great for me. My gf’s 2017 F150 has been great for her.
I wanted to wait for the Bronco, but Ford took too long.
Liking my Jeep.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
If you look at outside research companies they almost always rank Ford, GM, and FCA products towards the bottom. I am not trying to make excuses for FCA but when someone says they don't trust the quality and reliability of a FCA product but they will gladly hand large piles of money to Ford... Yeah, your just going from one company with a poor reputation to another.

The reality is though that the vast majority of Ford, GM, and FCA customers likely don't have major issues. Vehicles have become much more reliable over the years IMHO, it's how a company treats you when you do have an issue that matters. So far my Jeep dealer has been great to deal with but I have not had a major issue. Ford was turrible...

Again based of my isolated very real experience.

38c233eb303953e27c07f32533849be16a3441356c547205606628b2c04ff1e1.jpg

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if you'll be able to tune the 2.3 to 350 HP or if it will need further modification? The Focus RS has 350, but the explorer/ranger only has 280 HP with the same engine.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Is the intercooler up to snuff though?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-bad-did-ford-sandbag-the-ecoboost.56367/

"According to my former Engineering professor, alot! I grabbed my stock parts out of the basement and headed to his house for some beers and BBQ (rained out unfortunately so we got some pizza) and Had a look at some things in the garage.

First is the much maligned intercooler. The Stock unit in his exact words "Cheap garbage but at least it's Cheap!"
My phone did not capture the IC well as the light was dim but I did mangage to find some images online that were perfect."

"His notes.
"Far too small and light for a gasoline turbo application, might be ok on a Small Diesel, No where near enough thermal mass, Tube and fin is terrible for Air to Air applications, but it's cheaper to manufacture."

So we pulled the end tanks off, Not hard by the way and he mused, "I'll give those 5 years before they leak."

More on that thread

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
BEB9FAE8-042B-4296-B87E-42C8E329A237.jpeg
Here is a render I could live with. If this is the new Bronco, and can support this stance I'm in unless my 2020 blows me away with how much better it is than my 2019 was.
Out of curiosity, why trade in a 2019 for a 2020?

Sponsored

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
I've been a Ford guy my whole life and still am, with little to no complaints. That said, I'm anxiously awaiting the Bronco and will either purchase a Bronco or a JLU in the Willys trim that was just announced. IMO, I can't lose.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I've been a Ford guy my whole life and still am, with little to no complaints. That said, I'm anxiously awaiting the Bronco and will either purchase a Bronco or a JLU in the Willys trim that was just announced. IMO, I can't lose.
I'm curious as well, though I'm hoping by then, I can have both as toys

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I'm paying off my 2019 this year just in case i love the Bronco. I probably will. Maybe i can talk my wife into taking the Jeep and I'll get a new white Bronco.

T43

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
My guess is it will go something like this based on Ford the last few years.

Hype + more hype + big flashy reveal + inflated price for launch + above anticipated first year sales + increased production without a decrease in price + first year bugs and recalls flow in + below forcasted sales in the 1st quarter of year 3 + reduced production + incentive pricing to compete with Jeep + 4 year slump + lay offs + attempt to redesign using explorer and expedition parts + decision to return to the car market and move away from Bronco + Hype new Bronco II square body on escape platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.