Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
BEB9FAE8-042B-4296-B87E-42C8E329A237.jpeg
Here is a render I could live with. If this is the new Bronco, and can support this stance I'm in unless my 2020 blows me away with how much better it is than my 2019 was.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
you guys have way too high hopes of the bronco. For starters I pretty much guarantee they won't put a SFA on it. Thats already a downer. Makes it just as capable as about a 4runner in that case. And at that point I'd rather just get a 4runner for Toyota reliability.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
BEB9FAE8-042B-4296-B87E-42C8E329A237.jpeg
Here is a render I could live with. If this is the new Bronco, and can support this stance I'm in unless my 2020 blows me away with how much better it is than my 2019 was.
That design was made by a fan, and not based in the same universe as the reality that the Bronco will be built in. It will share a platform with the Ranger, not the F150/Raptor. The FX4(ish) package will only have 33s.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
That design was made by a fan, and not based in the same universe as the reality that the Bronco will be built in. It will share a platform with the Ranger, not the F150/Raptor. The FX4(ish) package will only have 33s.
I hope it looks similar, actually anxious to see how it'll turn out

Ford better not butcher it

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
you guys have way too high hopes of the bronco. For starters I pretty much guarantee they won't put a SFA on it. Thats already a downer. Makes it just as capable as about a 4runner in that case. And at that point I'd rather just get a 4runner for Toyota reliability.
Just so it is clear, I don't expect it to look like that at all. That is why I stated it was a render, and "If" it looked like that I would go for it.

Also, that render has IFS like the Raptor, so since they figured out how to run 35s on a Raptor, there is no doubt they could do it on the Bronco if it is a similar platform. At this point, I am actually ok with IFS "IF" it is on a Bronco raptor type vehicle. I would like the high speed ability and stability on the highway. I don't do as much actual rock crawling that would really require a straight axle, so IFS, good travel, and 35s would work for me. If I want a hard core off-road vehicle, there is no doubt the wrangler is better. Since my vehicle is also a daily driver, If the Bronco is IFS and can run 35s I will really look at it. I could always then build an LJ for the rocks and tow as needed for longer trips.

Don't mistake my open mind to the Bronco as a hate for the Jeep. I am picking up my 3rd JLUR Saturday. If I did not believe in, or like the platform I would have moved to something else by now. On the technical trails, I absolutely love my Rubicons. The only area I wish it was better was for highway long seat time driving comfort. (Seats are not ideal for 12+ hour days in the Jeep). I have spent multiple 10+ straight hour days on trails, and 16+ hours on the highway at a time so I know what the limitations are for me personally. I am looking into new seats as that is something I feel should make a huge improvement.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
What you don't hear is
1. Quality
2. Trust in automaker
3. Fuel economy
4. Reliability

People citing these as reasons to buy a brand new Ford model over a Jeep/FCA product confuse me. If you look at most reliability rankings Ford is right there with Fiat at the bottom.

I say this as someone who just came out of a Focus RS (that car is a complete reliability and quality nightmare). If anyone thinks Ford Customer Service and their technicians are better than FCA I think they are in denial.

If the 5 things above are most important to you then you should be shopping Toyota, Lexus, etc. Not Ford. Not Fiat.

After my Focus RS fiasco I was considering a Shelby GT350 for all of about one day until I saw all the issues people were having with oil consumption and clueless Ford dealers who have no idea what they are doing and Ford Customer Service who wont return phone calls or emails. Which is what I went through with my Focus RS. Hint, if you even try to Lemon Law a Ford they will make you jump through 1 million and 1 hoops and wont return emails or phone calls for weeks on end. I don't see how FCA could be worse, I really don't. Ford is terrible. I would not buy a Bronco if you are focused on the above.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
What you don't hear is
1. Quality
2. Trust in automaker
3. Fuel economy
4. Reliability

People citing these as reasons to buy a brand new Ford model over a Jeep/FCA product confuse me. If you look at most reliability rankings Ford is right there with Fiat at the bottom.

I say this as someone who just came out of a Focus RS (that car is a complete reliability and quality nightmare). If anyone thinks Ford Customer Service and their technicians are better than FCA I think they are in denial.

If the 5 things above are most important to you then you should be shopping Toyota, Lexus, etc. Not Ford. Not Fiat.

After my Focus RS fiasco I was considering a Shelby GT350 for all of about one day until I saw all the issues people were having with oil consumption and clueless Ford dealers who have no idea what they are doing and Ford Customer Service who wont return phone calls or emails. Which is what I went through with my Focus RS. Hint, if you even try to Lemon Law a Ford they will make you jump through 1 million and 1 hoops and wont return emails or phone calls for weeks on end. I don't see how FCA could be worse, I really don't. Ford is terrible. I would not buy a Bronco if you are focused on the above.
I owned a Focus, and I always called it the Fuckus because it was nothing but shit. Every Ford dealer I took it to tried to screw me over on everything, even when I was stationed in Germany. I will never own another Fuck3d Over Rebuilt Dodge again:like:

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
I owned a Focus, and I always called it the Fuckus because it was nothing but shit. Every Ford dealer I took it to tried to screw me over on everything, even when I was stationed in Germany. I will never own another Fuck3d Over Rebuilt Dodge again:like:
Ford, in their infinite wisdom, installed the wrong head gasket (they used a Mustang 2.3L head gasket which is different than the 2.3 Focus RS engine that requires a completely different gasket) on every single Focus RS they produced from model year 2016 and most of 2017. This results in the engine having catastrophic failure. Could happen in 1K miles, 5K miles, or 50K miles, but it will happen.

As you can imagine many Ford service dealers screwed up the repair and many people now have Focus RS's that run like crap and Ford Customer Service doesn't care.

But the really shady thing is Ford never issued a recall for this. It was a technical TSB with like a 12 month window to get the replacement done for the head gasket. That window closed and people who have no idea about this are buying used Focus RS's (or new ones that were unsold) that did not have the repair performed and they have no idea they are driving a ticking time bomb.

And Ford will no longer replace the gasket now unless your engine gives up the ghost and, knowing Ford, they will look for ways to blame you for the engine failure and pass the cost on to the consumer.

They are a very shady company, and they are doing similar things to Mustang GT350 owners who have excessive oil consumption (nothing to see here, it's normal to consumer 1qt of oil a week, etc). Screw Ford.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
All jokes aside, had better luck with Ford's than I did GM

Family had a suburban and an expedition back in the early '00s, guess which one gave them more trouble

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
What you don't hear is
1. Quality
2. Trust in automaker
3. Fuel economy
4. Reliability

Last 3 fords I had for 12+ years zero problems, Jeep in first 3 months has more issues. Ford is a way better auto build than Fiat, its one of 5 brands mechanics recommend, Fiat is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.