Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I like the look of the Mini Countryman ! Make the Bronco look like that with Raptor power. Give me a big Mini Countryman
Offer a manual as well and I'll be conflicted, like the Mother in law going over a cliff in your jeep joke

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I mean all the pictures we’ve been seeing are fan renders... the only 2 pictures of the Bronco that are sourced from Ford is the sheet picture and the shadow behind the leaked Baby Bronco. And the shadow and tarp picture look amazing so I’m still hyped.
822Qt3j.jpg
Wonder if that color is OJ?:lipssealed:

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Offer a manual as well and I'll be conflicted, like the Mother in law going over a cliff in your jeep joke
There was an article a week back talking about the Ford “Icon” products. (Bronco, raptor, mustang) and the guy said they intend to keep the manual as part of that heritage.

Wonder if that color is OJ?:lipssealed:
Lmao

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I've decided that I'm "definitely maybe" getting the Bronco...if it doesn't suck. I mean when you look at why people buy Jeep Wranglers, I think it's because there's nothing else even similar available. Why did you buy a Jeep?

Most people will cite one of 4 or 5 different responses....
1. Offroadyness
2. You can take the Top off
3. You can take the doors off
4. You can mod it and look cool at the mall

What you don't hear is
1. Quality
2. Trust in automaker
3. Fuel economy
4. Reliability

These are the reasons most people give when purchasing other autos.

Whatever, there's not a right answer, but most of the reasons people state are only available on the Wrangler...sans, no real competition. So, hypothetically if Ford were to produce a REAL competitor, how many of us would have bought it? Or at least looked hard.

I love Jeeps because of what they are capable of, and if a Bronco is just as capable I'm in. (And I'm totally getting a white one and a 'FREEOJ' license plate. I may even get a cardboard cut out of OJ to ride shotgun. Maybe a sticker that says, 'If the glove don't fit, you must acquit'.)

PS- My first vehicle was a 67 Bronco, so I'm a bit nostalgic.

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I've decided that I'm "definitely maybe" getting the Bronco...if it doesn't suck. I mean when you look at why people buy Jeep Wranglers, I think it's because there's nothing else even similar available. Why did you buy a Jeep?

1. Offroadyness

What you don't hear is
1. Quality
2. Trust in automaker
3. Fuel economy
4. Reliability

Whatever, there's not a right answer, but most of the reasons people state are only available on the Wrangler...sans, no real competition. So, hypothetically if Ford were to produce a REAL competitor, how many of us would have bought it? Or at least looked hard.

I love Jeeps because of what they are capable of, and if a Bronco is just as capable I'm in. (And I'm totally getting a white one and a 'FREEOJ' license plate. I may even get a cardboard cut out of OJ to ride shotgun. Maybe a sticker that says, 'If the glove don't fit, you must acquit'.)

I'm in the same boat. I really wanted a Bronco but couldn't wait 3+ years for one. If it's awesome (and a 2 door) I'll trade in, if not I'll keep driving the Wrangler. I've always been a Ford guy and this is my first Chrysler vehicle.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator

1. Offroadyness

What you don't hear is
1. Quality
2. Trust in automaker
3. Fuel economy
4. Reliability

Yes the Wrangler JL is basically the only new game in town (at least in the USA). It's so different from all the other 4x4s, hard to believe other manufacturers for so long have failed to put forward a competitor. Maybe the bean counters didn't see enough of a market if there were two such vehicles, or they didn't want to risk entering the market. But to leave Wrangler alone for so long unchallenged - seems odd.

I have an increasingly bad feeling about the new Bronco. For several years I've been following the info and rumors, and this vapor-ware vehicle is taking forever to arrive. Yeah, I know it will "eventually" arrive, but jeez I'll be an old man, lol.

My hunch is the new Bronco will be SUV-like and modern enough that it simply will not complete well enough with the Wrangler. I recall a few things one of the key Ford guys said about the new Bronco in an interview earlier this year: 1) Stressing that the Bronco will have all the luxury accouterments demanded by today's buyers, and 2) Ford was not necessarily designing the Bronco to compete with Wrangler in terms of rock crawling, but aimed more at higher speed off-road driving.

Those two things to me smack of high price and more SUV type driving. I'm certainly not going to be driving 40mph up some rocky hill or along some cliff road. I hope to be wrong and pleasantly surprised by the new Bronco, but as mentioned I just have a bad feeling lately about it. Will see ...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.