Will you consider the new Bronco?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toycrusher

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yea, if I could go back to just a simple radio with those old-school knobs and digits I would. I'm sure there is a way to "degrade," but it's probably complicated with how much the Uconnect system is wired into everything else in the jeep and definitely would void the warranty, but I'm almost out of warranty so maybe I'll go for it.

My wife is looking at new cars right now. She looked at the Tiguan and recently the Kona, and basically nothing has a screen smaller than 7 inches these days.

I do wonder how car makers get away with these huge screens when we know people are addicted to screens and everyone knows how dangerous screens are when driving and paying attention to the road. Also boggles my mind seeing people with all these mounts and stuff for phones and tablets ON TOP of the huge screen the car already has! There are people with three or four screens in their car all pointed at their face, it's insane.
At least one of those screens though is a forward facing camera. See! They are safety conscience after all! :giggle:

Advertisement

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara

ThirtyOne

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2005 Jeep Liberty
The 2.7 litre ecoboost engine alone is gonna kick Jeep's ass, 325 hp and 400 lbs of torgue, better than anything Jeep presently has and the $5000 diesel doesn't count!
Why doesn’t the diesel count?

TripleB

First Name
Brent
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ (Sold), 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (Sold), 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sold)
With the reveal on 7/13 is anyone considering a new Bronco?

JeePM

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
The 2.7 litre ecoboost engine alone is gonna kick Jeep's ass, 325 hp and 400 lbs of torgue, better than anything Jeep presently has and the $5000 diesel doesn't count!
My company daily driver (2016 F150) has the 2.7 ecoboost. I didnt get to pick the engine, as this engine wouldnt have been my #1 choice, but I will say that it scoots my full size truck down the road pretty dang good....i was surprised. Its currently sitting at 120K miles and so far so good.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why doesn’t the diesel count?
I guess I should have said in my opinion because of cost. But, ok lets count the diesel which is a $6000 option , the ford 2.7 makes 325 hp and the Jeep diesel makes 260 so Ford wins that one. Torque the Jeep wins at 442 to Fords 400 so guess it depends if you wanna go diesel and pay the price you can get a little more low speed torque, in my opinion Ford will win the power war with the 2.7. At least for now on what Jeep is offering.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My company daily driver (2016 F150) has the 2.7 ecoboost. I didnt get to pick the engine, as this engine wouldnt have been my #1 choice, but I will say that it scoots my full size truck down the road pretty dang good....i was surprised. Its currently sitting at 120K miles and so far so good.
My point exactly and in my opinion it is superior to anything Jeep is presently offering.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK, deciding between Bronco and JL
The problem with the eco diesel is... it’s a diesel. I can’t fill up at Costco, def fluid, maintenance is way more expensive, parts are WAY more expensive, no stick shift, and unknown long term reliability.

The 2.7 Ecoboost has proven to be a very reliable engine, especially since it’s got a compacted graphite iron block just like a Diesel engine. Also, the diesel wranglers are still slow. The 2.7 Bronco will be absurdly fast stock.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was until they drug it out so long I couldn't wait any more. They lost me last year. I had nothing but Ford cars, Trucks and SUVs for over 20 years. Now there's 1 less Ford and 2 new Jeeps.

We'll consider it when its time for my wife to get something new.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer having my wife in something capable. She's currently in a Nissan juke with awd and ground clearance in between a car and an suv. We both want her to get out of it before age sets in and turns out into a money pit.

Very soon after I got my Rubi, she started making noise about possibly getting herself a 2 door Punk'n Rubicon. She doesn't share my offroad interests, so wouldn't fully utilize the capability, but the Sahara is only available with 4 doors and the Sport doesn't get all of the features that she likes about mine.

That idea died after a couple hours of running errands, in a mix of highway and back roads, behind the wheel of my JLUR. Overall she liked everything about it, but it made her realize how much she prefers a car-like ride over a truck-like one. It's the nature of the solid axle, while on road, that turned her off.

I've been showing her the teasers that Ford has been putting out, and she is interested in seeing the full reveal and eventually some test drives of the 2 door model. I've told her my thoughts that it will be quite a capable vehicle, but will be designed to prioritize on road handling over its off road capabilities. Whereas Jeep shoots for the best on road ride and handling possible, without sacrificing so much as an ounce of its off road prowess.

I'm hoping it turns into a great vehicle, that my wife likes it's looks and how it drives, and I might get to play around with a 2022 model down the road.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Krawler

Advertisement