Will you consider the new Bronco?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockadile

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Yep...can't wait to see the same information posted over and over again. ;)

Advertisement

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR, 2017 GC Trailhawk
Yea, I despise them. I have the smallest one in my jeep lol

This one doesn't strike me as huge for some reason, though. Maybe because it's not laid out like a tablet like in rams, subarus, teslas, etc.
I dispise them as well. It seems to me they contribute to distracted driving. I prefer fewer buttons like the JK which has three large rotary dials to control the hvac which I can operate without having to look down to search for them. Even the JL with the 5" screen has simpler hvac controls than the multi tiny button JL with 7" or larger screen.

twisty

First Name
bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
The day the 70 series landcruiser comes to the US, that day I would say the Wrangler got serious trail competition. The bronco doesnt have a solid axle, they are not targeting the same type of offroading, it is pretty clear we are gonna see a lot of front tires hanging in the air. Ford wants to sell and make large profits, they took the elements of the 4runner and the elements of the wrangler consumers like. Thats it. The Bronco is gonna be fast, loud, practical, comfortable, convertible, and attractive, but not a Wrangler.
agree. as much as I am bummed about the lack of a SFA, I feel better since my favorite trails will likely be less visited because of it. ;)

twisty

First Name
bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I like big screens. I can handle not being distracted since I have willpower. lol For those that actually wheel a big screen can be handy especially if it has topo or satellite imagery.

Since the bronco appears to not compete with jeep and is more of a baja machine a bigger screen would come in handy too.

I like everything alleged about the bronco except for IFS.

Pic18

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
4.7 axle gearing, 35” tires, front and rear lockers, “front stabilizer disconnect” (sway bar?) 2.7 Ecoboost, “Sasquatch” package. Who the hell knows what that is.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
4.7 axle gearing, 35” tires, front and rear lockers, “front stabilizer disconnect” (sway bar?) 2.7 Ecoboost, “Sasquatch” package. Who the hell knows what that is.
“Sasquatch,” you know... everyone has heard about it for years but no one has actually seen one.

Like Ford Bronco...

rallydefault

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I dispise them as well. It seems to me they contribute to distracted driving. I prefer fewer buttons like the JK which has three large rotary dials to control the hvac which I can operate without having to look down to search for them. Even the JL with the 5" screen has simpler hvac controls than the multi tiny button JL with 7" or larger screen.
Yea, if I could go back to just a simple radio with those old-school knobs and digits I would. I'm sure there is a way to "degrade," but it's probably complicated with how much the Uconnect system is wired into everything else in the jeep and definitely would void the warranty, but I'm almost out of warranty so maybe I'll go for it.

My wife is looking at new cars right now. She looked at the Tiguan and recently the Kona, and basically nothing has a screen smaller than 7 inches these days.

I do wonder how car makers get away with these huge screens when we know people are addicted to screens and everyone knows how dangerous screens are when driving and paying attention to the road. Also boggles my mind seeing people with all these mounts and stuff for phones and tablets ON TOP of the huge screen the car already has! There are people with three or four screens in their car all pointed at their face, it's insane.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestop

Advertisement