• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Might. I have other pressing upgrades to do before I go that route. Hydro assist and rear truss for two of them.
Are people bending a lot of these 44 housings? I've got a HP60 and 14 bolt in the shop with lockers/5.38s f/r and a 3 speed Hero case I could throw on, but I really wasn't wanting to go that extreme on this build...at least not for several years.

Are you doing the PSC hydro assist?

twisty

First Name
bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Are people bending a lot of these 44 housings? I've got a HP60 and 14 bolt in the shop with lockers/5.38s f/r and a 3 speed Hero case I could throw on, but I really wasn't wanting to go that extreme on this build...at least not for several years.

Are you doing the PSC hydro assist?
not that I know of but I'd like the added strength since I have a penchant for going fast on fire roads. If I didnt like to crawl so much I'd be the ideal candidate for the baja bronco. lol

My front is trussed along with RCVs the rear has yukons and trussing it will finish it up.

No PSC. I'm sure it's a fine set up but with so many parts and departure from factory I'd rather stick with the redneck set up. I will be traveling with my rig and need a more simple product. I could be easily talked out of it if you have some intel on the subject. I used the internet machine and couldnt find anything bad about the redneck.

ThirtyOne

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2005 Jeep Liberty

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
not that I know of but I'd like the added strength since I have a penchant for going fast on fire roads. If I didnt like to crawl so much I'd be the ideal candidate for the baja bronco. lol

My front is trussed along with RCVs the rear has yukons and trussing it will finish it up.

No PSC. I'm sure it's a fine set up but with so many parts and departure from factory I'd rather stick with the redneck set up. I will be traveling with my rig and need a more simple product. I could be easily talked out of it if you have some intel on the subject. I used the internet machine and couldnt find anything bad about the redneck.

The only downside I've heard of on the Redneck is the owner stated it will not cure death wobble on the JL if you have it....which I found odd since it should minimize it by the very nature of the single ended cylinder set up.

My understanding is the Redneck Ram is also substantially cheaper as well; which, IMO....the PSC is overpriced. Not saying it's not great quality....they make very good, matched steering systems, but in the case of the JL, more expensive than it ought to be (again, IMO) considering you can do a custom full hydro set up for cheaper. They are basically milking the Jeep market like it's got tits.

ThirtyOne

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2005 Jeep Liberty
Good teaser video. Nothing can hold a candle to the JL and it's "Manifesto"... but still pretty sweet
Yeah. I like that they are carving out a slightly different place for the Bronco and giving it its own identity similar to the Raptor.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK, deciding between Bronco and JL
Yeah. I like that they are carving out a slightly different place for the Bronco and giving it its own identity similar to the Raptor.
Thats always been my understanding, that they are just basically looking to make it a bit more well-rounded than the Wrangler. Will be very curious to see the reveal and where it’s capabilities lie.

twisty

First Name
bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
The only downside I've heard of on the Redneck is the owner stated it will not cure death wobble on the JL if you have it....which I found odd since it should minimize it by the very nature of the single ended cylinder set up.

My understanding is the Redneck Ram is also substantially cheaper as well; which, IMO....the PSC is overpriced. Not saying it's not great quality....they make very good, matched steering systems, but in the case of the JL, more expensive than it ought to be (again, IMO) considering you can do a custom full hydro set up for cheaper. They are basically milking the Jeep market like it's got tits.
No death wobble here. I have some kind of HUGE alum arms made by RPM (?) and they work pretty well but never had an issue prior either.

Yeah I think PSC is like 3k vs about 800 for the redneck. I called the joint and apparently if it takes a shit you can bypass it or repair it easily. If true that is important for what I'm doing.

BTW the only bad news I've heard about redneck is the shop I deal with. He thinks it's garbage. Yet I havent found anything that says similar, not even close, quite the opposite. The guy races so thinking he's in the mindset of super duper rigorous baja type set ups that he is used to.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No death wobble here. I have some kind of HUGE alum arms made by RPM (?) and they work pretty well but never had an issue prior either.

Yeah I think PSC is like 3k vs about 800 for the redneck. I called the joint and apparently if it takes a shit you can bypass it or repair it easily. If true that is important for what I'm doing.

BTW the only bad news I've heard about redneck is the shop I deal with. He thinks it's garbage. Yet I havent found anything that says similar, not even close, quite the opposite. The guy races so thinking he's in the mindset of super duper rigorous baja type set ups that he is used to.
I'd wager 7075-T6...that's what everyone makes them out of....good memory, though the weight advantage is nil compared to 2x.250 wall 4130 heat treated to Rc40...and the yield strength is waaay higher.

There's been some bad reviews on Pirate, but people are pretty bitchy over there anyway. Not sure I'd put much stock in those...there are plenty of good reviews there as well.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Krawler

Advertisement