Status
Not open for further replies.

twisty

First Name
bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Not to veer off-topic but this is a big pet peeve of mine. People who think you need a Rubi to disconnect a sway bar. I can do it in 5 minutes on my Sport and it is stock - no quick disconnects. The electronic disconnect, while convenient, to me is probably the least interesting feature of the Rubicon.
I used to think the same thing but a push of the button is pretty dang convenient. I wouldnt want to be without it until it breaks and have to pay for a new one. I hear it's like a grand!!!!

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK, deciding between Bronco and JL
How cool would it be if this IFS nonsense is just that, nonsense and a ruse and on the 13th we find a REAL bronco with a SFA.
Someone on the Bronco forums said it will get 3 different suspension setups.... we’ve seen the base, and the ranger-raptor esque suspension. Type 3 is a mystery...

ChattVol

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 6 Speed, 2016 Odyssey, 2014 Accord
Build Thread
Link
I used to think the same thing but a push of the button is pretty dang convenient. I wouldnt want to be without it until it breaks and have to pay for a new one. I hear it's like a grand!!!!
I used to think it was a cool feature until I was wheelin and 2 of my friends had their swaybar automatically reconnecting several times on different trips bc they hit 25mph on trails. They didn't realize it until they started lifting tires on the next obstacle. I'd rather take 30 seconds to use quick disconnects and stay disconnected at whatever speed I want.

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what would happen if they improved the TTB design Maybe it could compete with the wrangler:movember:

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Got one on the floor in my shop....i'll take half that if one of you breaks yours, LOL.

Currie AntiRock (though the Sway-Loc is supposedly better) ...never looked back.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I wonder what would happen if they improved the TTB design Maybe it could compete with the wrangler:movember:
TTB sucked. I highly doubt it could ever compete.

twisty

First Name
bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Got one on the floor in my shop....i'll take half that if one of you breaks yours, LOL.

Currie AntiRock (though the Sway-Loc is supposedly better) ...never looked back.
I might take you up on that. Had a antirock on my TJ and thought it was great on and off road.

twisty

First Name
bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Someone on the Bronco forums said it will get 3 different suspension setups.... we’ve seen the base, and the ranger-raptor esque suspension. Type 3 is a mystery...
I'll be both happy and sad. When I found out the bronco had IFS I was somewhat relieved because I went JL. IF they have a SFA it will have me rethinking....it would take a lot to get me to switch though. The JL is really impressive.

I dont know that it would make much business sense to do both setups. IF they did, it would satisfy the ones that dont mind a watered down trail rig and still have a bronco with what we hope is a sweet motor.

twisty

First Name
bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I used to think it was a cool feature until I was wheelin and 2 of my friends had their swaybar automatically reconnecting several times on different trips bc they hit 25mph on trails. They didn't realize it until they started lifting tires on the next obstacle. I'd rather take 30 seconds to use quick disconnects and stay disconnected at whatever speed I want.
lol. THat happened to me too and through some nasty crap. I still made it but wondered why it was harder then normal then realized the deal. That does suck and a reason to go currie.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If that’s how the swaybar disconnect works on JL Rubicons, that’s a big change.

The swaybar on every JK Rubicon I owned stayed disconnected until I pressed the button to reconnect. If I exceeded 15 MPH, the swaybar light would blink on my instruments panel to remind me that my swaybar was still disconnected, but that was it. It wouldn’t reconnect until I pressed that button And often times with some difficulty; the swaybar needs to be aligned to be able to reconnect.

ChattVol

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 6 Speed, 2016 Odyssey, 2014 Accord
Build Thread
Link
If that’s how the swaybar disconnect works on JL Rubicons, that’s a big change.

The swaybar on every JK Rubicon I owned stayed disconnected until I pressed the button to reconnect. If I exceeded 15 MPH, the swaybar light would blink on my instruments panel to remind me that my swaybar was still disconnected, but that was it. It wouldn’t reconnect until I pressed that button And often times with some difficulty; the swaybar needs to be aligned to be able to reconnect.
True story....also dont like that lockers can only be used in 4wd low.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I might take you up on that. Had a antirock on my TJ and thought it was great on and off road.
Why not just get the AR or the Sway-loc?

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teraflex

Advertisement