Not open for further replies.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
worth noting that’s supposedly not the final production interior -

Update: according to insider @laj.tuxmek:

"All of our early production-intent prototypes have interior plastics like that. They are missing the final texture and as a result are very smooth and shiny. Don't worry, the production vehicles won't have plastics like that."

Good grief. That plastic looks even cheaper than the stuff the original JK Wrangler had. You know, the one with the PT cruiser steering wheel. At least the bronco has a nice steering wheel and screen. Although I still like the JL a lot better.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
It will likely be a drop bracket kit for the IFS components. This is merely speculation. But I highly doubt that Ford would waste the time engineering a complex kit. It would be very cost prohibitive. Which is why I am fairly certain that it won't be something that would need a ton of R&D like a wide arm kit, or SFA conversion. The take rate is just too low to justify it. Again, time will tell. I enjoy browsing the 6G site for laughs. Everyone is convinced that what is likely another fanboy is some insider that is giving them information.
I've been following those forums for some time now. While they do get the occasional "troll" who claims they have photos/insider knowledge, there has been a handful of active users who have proven to be insiders. They've hit the nail on the head with leaks and information before any of it was revealed. However, if you want a more reliable source of information, there are factory workers/engineers of Ford who post on BlueOvalForums.com.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/i...ronco-sport-world-premier-july-13th/&page=110

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
Cutter your like my twin!
I too have only had and love manual trans vehicles. (Except 1 Sprinter Van for work).
I too bought my JK then JL because of stick. I also do light off roading. (upstate NY in the woods) no lift kits or larger tires needed. I too have fallen in love with opening up my Jeep and probably will stay with Jeep for life.....but....
I’m also at least intrigued by the Bronco.
1st, that extra gear on the manual trans made me go hmmm
2nd, it’s rumored the Bronco doors may be able to be stored in the back. That’s big for me because instead of driving upstate then removing my doors for the trails, it would be a dream on a summer morning or evening to actually “drive” up with doors off. Just pull over and throw em on if it gets cold or wet.
Last, I have Sky One on my Jeep and love it. If the Bronco were to offer that then I may be even more intrigued.
Good stuff, I actually grew up in upstate NY, Cobleskill. Now I'm living free or dieing in NH!

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
TFL posted a nice update yesterday

Sobering tidbit: production won’t start until April 2021. So those putting down a deposit when orders open next week won’t be getting their Bronco for another year...!

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Did someone say the Bronco Hardtop will be modular, 7 pcs !? I've always wanted removeable side windows , especially for the 2 door...

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
If it is anything like what Ford does with the Mustang, They will lend a few to some of the top vendors, under a NDA, to begin working on aftermarket parts. It could be that this is a rig being used by one of those companies to test different setups...ie, wheels; tires; lift...etc..etc.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Also, what is up with the grab handle on the lower left of the passenger side. To me, that screams broken face against the dash... If you can even reach it while belted in...

Sponsored

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Also, what is up with the grab handle on the lower left of the passenger side. To me, that screams broken face against the dash... If you can even reach it while belted in...
Was curious about that too... Seems like an odd placement, I'd guess it's something to give the passenger something to hold onto with the doors off while offroading... but with how bumpy things can get that does indeed seem like a recipe for a dash-smash.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Was curious about that too... Seems like an odd placement, I'd guess it's something to give the passenger something to hold onto with the doors off while offroading... but with how bumpy things can get that does indeed seem like a recipe for a dash-smash.
There is another grab handle just outside the photo on the right. Right next to the air vent.. you just cant see it in the photo as it has been cropped out.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
I agree with a lot of the comments on here, regarding the fact that most Jeep owners don't off road.

But, there's still the perception: I could if I wanted too. And if we start seeing "fail" videos of Broncos trying to off road and they can't... I could see that hurting the brand.

At the end of the day, I love the vintage/timeless vibe of my Jeep. from what I've seen, I don't think the Bronco will capture enough of that feeling for me to be interested.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
I agree with a lot of the comments on here, regarding the fact that most Jeep owners don't off road.

But, there's still the perception: I could if I wanted too. And if we start seeing "fail" videos of Broncos trying to off road and they can't... I could see that hurting the brand.

At the end of the day, I love the vintage/timeless vibe of my Jeep. from what I've seen, I don't think the Bronco will capture enough of that feeling for me to be interested.
The irony in this post is the wrangler and the Bronco are both born from the same DNA/same vehicle Ford themselves made in 1941.

Status
Not open for further replies.