• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
So you take the most vanilla Wrangler and judge their innovation on that. Will you do the same on the Bronco? Discount anything other than the main powertrain (2.3) and a hard top on a 4-door?
Right.. the interior of my 2020 Rubi is incredible IMO. I’ve had 3 Jeeps, 2 Grand Cherokees over the years and the new JL’s are nothing short of stunning. I’ve had high end sport cars and luxury SUV’s and have NEVER received the type of compliments I have on this new ride. Perhaps the new Bronco will hit it out of
well the interior is hideous
of the Rubicon?

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Right.. the interior of my 2020 Rubi is incredible IMO. I’ve had 3 Jeeps, 2 Grand Cherokees over the years and the new JL’s are nothing short of stunning. I’ve had high end sport cars and luxury SUV’s and have NEVER received the type of compliments I have on this new ride. Perhaps the new Bronco will hit it out of

of the Rubicon?
They were commenting on the Bronco interior being hideous. There were some interior photos leaked today. I tend to agree, the dash is pretty ugly. Though I haven’t liked the F series interiors either so I may just not connect with Ford interior designers.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
Some good stuff here but also some Ford parts bin stuff and some very cheap -looking plastics. I will reserve judgement until the reveal.

That screen is big. Not important to me but it will attract a lot of buyers over a Wrangler.
I have never been a fan of the Ford interiors; its one of their weak points. But that screen is going to look awesome, it looks to be the perfect size as well. I wonder if the dash will be digital as well like the upcoming F150?

FCA's Uconnect 5 debuts later this year on the Chrysler Pacifica, which will have the much larger screen. However, it's likely Wrangler will not get the updated version until MY2022 or the next refresh.

Sponsored

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
If that’s actually the Bronco interior it looks like someone ran out of time and threw some things together to finish up.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
While overall I like the looks of the new bronco, that close up of the bumper and the interior makes me appreciate the sculpting that the Italians did on our JL's. Not much more complicated, just a extra line or two, but somehow so much more premium. The Bronco looks like it was sculpted with a table saw by comparison.

Last edited:

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
The dash is...interesting. My immediate reaction isn't disgust like it is with most of these sloped, curving dashes in crossovers these days. Looks pretty utilitarian to be honest. But I also don't love it. Kind of smells like an absolute base model trim to me, at least I hope it is lol

Also the 4-door so far looks horrendous to me.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Am I the only one that hates big screens?
Yea, I despise them. I have the smallest one in my jeep lol

This one doesn't strike me as huge for some reason, though. Maybe because it's not laid out like a tablet like in rams, subarus, teslas, etc.

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
So you take the most vanilla Wrangler and judge their innovation on that. Will you do the same on the Bronco? Discount anything other than the main powertrain (2.3) and a hard top on a 4-door?
I like standard features. If the Bronco standard hard-top is modular and comes off in 7 separate panels like it is rumored to that is a HUGE advantage IMO. Especially since the JL power top is $4k.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I'll admit it! I do very little off roading, even when its mild stuff, things the Bronco will handle with ease. I'm on my 2nd wrangler (first was a 2009 JK 2dr 6sp, now a 2018 Sahara 6sp). I love the wrangler for what it represents and its American history. Mainly I love it because it'll get me thru 2ft of snow in NE winters, and I run top down doors off as much as possible in the summers, and the kids love it!!! And its about the only vehicle available I want to drive that I can still get with a stick, Ive never owned an auto anything. Looks to me like the Bronco is gonna tick most if not all those boxes for someone like me, so very much a direct competitor, and possibly more power and maybe more efficiency, and still has a manual!!! But I have too many Jeep shirts, hats, and posters to switch yet!!! But color me very intrigued...
Cutter your like my twin!
I too have only had and love manual trans vehicles. (Except 1 Sprinter Van for work).
I too bought my JK then JL because of stick. I also do light off roading. (upstate NY in the woods) no lift kits or larger tires needed. I too have fallen in love with opening up my Jeep and probably will stay with Jeep for life.....but....
I’m also at least intrigued by the Bronco.
1st, that extra gear on the manual trans made me go hmmm
2nd, it’s rumored the Bronco doors may be able to be stored in the back. That’s big for me because instead of driving upstate then removing my doors for the trails, it would be a dream on a summer morning or evening to actually “drive” up with doors off. Just pull over and throw em on if it gets cold or wet.
Last, I have Sky One on my Jeep and love it. If the Bronco were to offer that then I may be even more intrigued.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Status
Not open for further replies.