Status
Not open for further replies.

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
The price increases aren't just a whim by FCA; they reflect R&D costs of a new model, and much increased complexity of all.......To claim they just raised the price simply because they could is far too simplistic.

They will keep raising prices as long as people keep buying them. If someone can do it cheaper, they will. Thats exactly why we have the Ford Bronco attempt.
Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
They will keep raising prices as long as people keep buying them. If someone can do it cheaper, they will. Thats exactly why we have the Ford Bronco attempt.
Which is set to cost even more! That doesn't exactly fit your line of thinking. IF it could be done much cheaper, then the competitor would come in under the price to snag up sales.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid

Like I said, overly simplistic. But you are certainly free to believe whatever you wish.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Indeed.

Here’s another piece of evidence: FCA continually increased the price of JK, well ahead of inflation, for 10 years on a vehicle whose development had already been paid for. This strongly suggests that it is more about profits than paying back development costs.

The thing is, regardless of whatever price —and profits— FCA wishes to get, ultimately it will only get what the market bears.

FCA jacked JL’s price 15% over JK, but dealer discounts grew larger too, to about 10% -12% off MSRP. Which suggests that despite FCA’s wishes, us consumers, collectively, view JL’s improvements over JK to be worth only 3%-5%. This is still a pretty sizable price increase, but more in line with the 2% increase a regular vehicle redesign normally gets.
No, it strongly suggests that market demand increased and anyone who actually believes the Fed's inflationary targets, the CPI and the rest of BLSs numbers are factual and accurate, probably need to do a little more digging.

They didn't in 2018 or the first half of 2019, but whatever.... you clearly have a axe to grind about "big corporations"....so have at it.

Sponsored

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Which is set to cost even more! That doesn't exactly fit your line of thinking. IF it could be done much cheaper, then the competitor would come in under the price to snag up sales.
If a company is making money, completion will emerge. Competition will compete on price or quality, or both. So the Bronco price doesn’t undercut what I am saying. The Bronco is right around the Wrangler price point from what I’ve read. Wrangler has an usually broad spectrum of models, Ford may not aim for the entire spectrum. However, if wrangler had small margins and meek sales, Bronco would t be here. You can’t read an article about the new Bronco that doesn’t have the word Wrangler in it.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
If a company is making money, completion will emerge. Competition will compete on price or quality, or both. So the Bronco price doesn’t undercut what I am saying. The Bronco is right around the Wrangler price point from what I’ve read. Wrangler has an usually broad spectrum of models, Ford may not aim for the entire spectrum. However, if wrangler had small margins and meek sales, Bronco would t be here. You can’t read an article about the new Bronco that doesn’t have the word Wrangler in it.
I think based on the picture above yours Ford is trying to absolutely eviscerate Jeep but that’s just me lol

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I think based on the picture above yours Ford is trying to absolutely eviscerate Jeep but that’s just me lol
Lets not compare a kitted our Bronco to a stock JL. This was a concept from 2018 EJS. It's a more likely comparison.

nacho jeep.jpg

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery, 392 Daytona, JK
It has been confirmed Ford will have a version with stock 35’s and rumors that there will be stock 37’s. Ford isn’t playing around. Now just to find out which eco boosts they put in it. If it has the 3.0 as an option it’ll be a sure fire winner

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Lets not compare a kitted our Bronco to a stock JL. This was a concept from 2018 EJS. It's a more likely comparison.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks Like Ford Bronco is Serious About Taking on the Wrangler nacho jee
...it’s the ford performance Bronco, the raptor equivalent. It is factory.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
...it’s the ford performance Bronco, the raptor equivalent. It is factory.
I'll believe it when I see it. There are still so many rumors going around. There are still people thinking that there will be a solid axle version.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I find it interesting that there are people on this JEEP forum that have almost never posted outside of this thread. For example, I just went through the post history of one common poster on this thread. 166 total posts, of those, 154 are either in this thread or have the word Bronco in their post.

Last edited:

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I find it interesting that their are people on this JEEP forum that have almost never posted outside of this thread. For example, I just went through the post history of one common poster on this thread. 166 total posts, of those, 154 are either in this thread or have the word Bronco in their post.
You’re talking about me obviously, I’m currently a Jeep owner but am definitely looking forward to the Bronco. As I’ve said multiple times in this thread I have zero brand loyalty, I’ve owned Ford’s, a Jeep, and a mazda. I mostly just love off-road kit and hope for more competition. And I like seeing a different perspective over here from non-bronco enthusiasts. It’s ok to not live in an echo chamber.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
"The new Bronco lineup will offer off-roading technology aimed at people who want a comfortable ride on the highway, and who go off-roading on sand, gravel or dirt, not clambering over boulders, Ford Chief Operating Officer Jim Farley said in an interview."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ford-motor-bronco-idUSKBN24713Z

sand, gravel, or dirt. sounds pretty clear to me. This is gonna be the most capable SUV, but not a Wrangler. Maybe theyre trying to make a new XJ type vehicle.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.