starrs

First Name
Galen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
This. Hemi is too big to properly fit and they’re terribly inefficient. I have a Daytona and it’s incredibly fun to drive but has absolutely putrid fuel economy. A boxy JL would be much worse.
So all in agreement that they new a new engine lol

starrs

First Name
Galen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
"I smoked that Jeep in a drag race" bragged no one ever...
Who said anything about drag racing? When your adding 35” or 37” tires you need HP and torque. The 3.6 and the 2 liter turbo are weak options. The bronco is going to really bring that to light soon. It’s all good tho. Jeep will finally have to play ball to keep up haha. I can’t wait to see what they come up with.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Saharicon "Mud Muffin" (Wife), 2018 JLUR "Fat Ninja" (Me)
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Who said anything about drag racing? When your adding 35” or 37” tires you need HP and torque. The 3.6 and the 2 liter turbo are weak options. The bronco is going to really bring that to light soon. It’s all good tho. Jeep will finally have to play ball to keep up haha. I can’t wait to see what they come up with.
While I agree the engines are no Hemi I don't know that I would call them weak, ESPECIALLY when mated to the 8 speed auto. I'm shocked at how much get up and go the 3.6 has with 37s even while still running the 4.10 gears. That thing still launches and if you punch from a rolling start it shoots like a rocket. Now, the 6 speed manual def doesn't have as much giddy up as the auto, that auto is amazing at getting into the right gear at the right moment.
We had a loaner Jeep the other day that had the little 2.0 turbo in it. That is a noisey engine and I thought it was a joke until I punched it and it snapped my head back into the headrest. I have a new respect for that little thing.

Toycrusher

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I was referring to the comment you quoted on it "killing" the Rubi. I totally intend to get a Bronco, mostly because of the EcoBoost/7-speed combo. But I don't imagine it ever competing against my Rubi on technical trails

twisty

First Name
bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Let's all be honest here, looks is far more important than actual capabilities. We bought our JLs, not because we NEED to get to a particular location, but because they look frickin awesome. The capability was just icing on the cake
Not so sure about that. I dont think a jeep is all that good looking. In fact I think the early bronco's looked better.

The funny thing about looks is how it holds up over time. You can have a great looking rig and find out it performs crappy and your mindset changes. It aint so pretty and you feel differently once you know it's crap.

Kinda like a pretty woman. Yeah she's hot, but over time you just realize she's just a PITA or an air head.

Having a vehicle that performs makes it more and more attractive over time.

twisty

First Name
bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Weak? My 3.6 with 4.88's and 37s is an absolute hoot to drive. Do I want more, sure, always, but saying it's weak strikes me funny, at least with the auto.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

Done Right LED

Advertisement