Not open for further replies.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
They picture a stock Rubicon against a full Bronco prerunner style. Kinda like polishing a turd. Isn’t that thing going to have front IFS? Haven’t kept up with the other thread. Im far from a Jeep aficionado but if that’s how it looks and outperforms the Jeep I’d still get a Jeep.
Sponsored

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Some in-the-know people have said there is a “raptor” Bronco. That is one more extreme off road trim above the “Badlands” which will be the rubicon equivalent.

However, the “raptor” version will apparantly be called something else. I guess a Bronco Raptor isn’t really a real animal?
I do some work that connects me with the Ford Performance Off Road school, I was made aware that there will be a program for the Bronco. It might not be named “Raptor” but there will definitely be a very specialized trim.

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
I do some work that connects me with the Ford Performance Off Road school, I was made aware that there will be a program for the Bronco. It might not be named “Raptor” but there will definitely be a very specialized trim.
Rumor on Bronco6g.com has been that the "Raptor" trim model will be called the Bronco Warthog.

Link: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/¡-bronco-will-not-get-a-disconnecting-sway-bar.1050/post-23566

There was also another insider who called it that but I couldn't find the post right now.

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Rumor on Bronco6g.com has been that the "Raptor" trim model will be called the Bronco Warthog.

Link: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/¡-bronco-will-not-get-a-disconnecting-sway-bar.1050/post-23566

There was also another insider who called it that but I couldn't find the post right now.
here's one..

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...get-a-disconnecting-sway-bar.1050/#post-23504

It's like a powder keg over there lol. I've followed some of the threads and this guy is definitely a Ford worker. He posted the actual wheels from what looks like a Ford plant in that same thread and he mentioned Warthog being the Raptor version and a few other details (disconnecting sway bar).

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
IFS is no competition for a solid axle. Period. Ford knows this thats why the F250/350 are solid axle and they brag about it. The Bronco is a soft roader suv based on the Ranger just like the Bronco2 and explorer.

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
If the Bronco comes with half doors and a softtop it's not the imposter. What if they add a V8 option too? Don't blame Ford.

Mark Allen I hope you are listening.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
If the Bronco comes with half doors and a softtop it's not the imposter.
Yea, I mean I'd be lying if I said I'm not gonna seriously check out the Bronco when it's finally out. Their doors and roof approach seem pretty cool, but we have to see it in action.

My JL will be out of warranty this March, and I'm gonna take a good long look at the Bronco to see what's really going on. I love taking my JL oversand, so that's not something that will suffer without solid axles - if anything, it seems people actually prefer IFS for sand driving. We'll see.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I guess we will find out in the next few years how effective of a competitor that the bronco is. As for solid axles vs IFS, ask the “typical” Wrangler buyer that question and there is a very good chance that they would say “what?” — especially if they live in a large city. Soccer Moms and Dads buy Wranglers by the trainload. Nothing wrong with that. Just a fact.

folks, I would guess that MOST wranglers never go off-road. Ever. And then of the small amount of wranglers that do go off-road, some of them are owned by folks who are not “into” off-roading and the tech behind it. I personally know a woman who has owned a Jeep from the time she was in college to today. She is now the better part of 60. Solid axles? “What? I like them because they are FUN!!!!”

the new Bronco will market its history, fun, and will spin the fantasy that owners can cross the Gobi hunting for dinosaur bones. Every sale that they make will take one away from something else and some of those will be Jeeps. And that’s a good thing for Jeep owners.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
It’s interesting....

over half of the respondents to the poll above say they they “will or might” checkout the Bronco. And that’s on a board dedicated to “Jeep Peeps”....... Hardly an unbiased sample.

that ratio will change over time and maybe come even more or far less as the Bronco comes out and settles in. But, if About half of the dedicated Jeep Peeps are interested enough to go look, I think we are already seeing that The Bronco may well become an effective competitor to Jeep.

and Toyota? Maybe the competition will cause them to actually decide to update the 4Runner TRD’s Interior to something that doesn't look like 1997.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
It’s interesting....

over half of the respondents to the poll above say they they “will or might” checkout the Bronco. And that’s on a board dedicated to “Jeep Peeps”....... Hardly an unbiased sample.

that ratio will change over time and maybe come even more or far less as the Bronco comes out and settles in. But, if About half of the dedicated Jeep Peeps are interested enough to go look, I think we are already seeing that The Bronco may well become an effective competitor to Jeep.

and Toyota? Maybe the competition will cause them to actually decide to update the 4Runner TRD’s Interior to something that doesn't look like 1997.
To be fair, I "look" at a lot of things that ultimately don't take any money out of my wallet.

Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
It’s interesting....

I owned a 1996 4Runner and I thought its interior is better than what is offered in new 4runners. Lol

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I owned a 1996 4Runner and I thought its interior is better than what is offered in new 4runners. Lol
My Grandparents used to have a late 90's 4runner. The interior was much nicer for then compared to what is offered now. When I got my 18, I was looking at the 4runner and test drove it. The interior felt dated and the powertrain was lethargic. If they had updated it to this century, I likely would have gone with Toyota because we have close family friend in the service department, but Toyota likes to focus on their econoboxes. :puke:

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
To be fair, I "look" at a lot of things that ultimately don't take any money out of my wallet.
Fair enough, but in a thread where many are stating it won't steal any Jeep sales because it has an IFS, it kinda says the opposite that Jeep people are even willing to consider it knowing it has an IFS.

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
The one I want to see uncovered is this trim:
8509D427-E495-4ED8-A115-03C869B61444.jpeg
Yes, that looks like it might be a lot better than the photo that has been shown on the assembly line. Of particular interest to me is the flares on the fender. The one picture I saw looked like a cheap aftermarket product. While some doubt Ford's reliability (some people complain about everything) I think the overall availability of Ford service departments far exceeds anything Jeep offers. I have not had bad experiences with Ford Service personnel and dealerships are everywhere.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Fair enough, but in a thread where many are stating it won't steal any Jeep sales because it has an IFS, it kinda says the opposite that Jeep people are even willing to consider it knowing it has an IFS.
Yeah, forums shouldn't be treated like scientific polls for all lot of reasons.
For some people, the IFS will be an instant deal breaker. But honestly, a new vehicle that's even remotely in the same category or functionality is exciting. Exciting doesn't always equal sales, but it'll be interesting to see what they actually bring to market with the Bronco.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.