First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Didn't bother to read the report, did ya? If you had...there was a section that specifically addressed the fact that a large percentage of 'accessorizers' only did it for "appearance" and didn't go offroad.

But thanks for playing.....
I did, but I still believe that people would lie about it, because it's human nature to say that you do something "cool" that can't be fact checked. Even if the numbers are 100% accurate it still shows that it's highly likely that most Wranglers are not going to be wheeled. Thanks for the report.
Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I did, but I still believe that people would lie about it, because it's human nature to say that you do something "cool" that can't be fact checked. Even if the numbers are 100% accurate it still shows that it's highly likely that most Wranglers are not going to be wheeled. Thanks for the report.
They'd lie about NOT going off road?....You know, since that's what they were actually measuring via the study? ;)

Human nature, huh? Well, you wouldn't be the first person projecting in this thread. We've already had one directly state that fact.

You're welcome, I guess. :like:

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I'm saying that the 34% is probably already a generous number because people will claim that they do go off-road when they do not. Not the other 66% And still after providing the report, you are trying to argue over the minutiae instead of intent of the argument. The point that you and Kre62 went gonzo over 3 pages ago was the simplest statement
hatwood said:
Keep in mind that around 90% of Wranglers never see the trail, either, and those buyers are who keep Jeeps in production.
No one is saying that it's truly 90% That was just a number to illustrate a point. It is a majority though. The SEMA study even shows that. Most people don't wheel their Jeep, and those people have helped to make the Jeep brand so successful.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Of the 34%, only 60%
Take Jeep off-road on moderate trails (mud,
ruts, steep inclines/declines)
Or harder, the other 40% apparently stick to dirt, and gravel roads, etc. Which doesn't fit my personal definition of wheeling, but I won't push that point any further. I'm just happy that the Jeep Brand, and Wranglers in particular are successful.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I'm saying that the 34% is probably already a generous number because people will claim that they do go off-road when they do not. Not the other 66% And still after providing the report, you are trying to argue over the minutiae instead of intent of the argument. The point that you and Kre62 went gonzo over 3 pages ago was the simplest statement
No one is saying that it's truly 90% That was just a number to illustrate a point. It is a majority though. The SEMA study even shows that. Most people don't wheel their Jeep, and those people have helped to make the Jeep brand so successful.

Oh, trust me....I know what you're attempting to allege, in spite of the evidence to the contrary.

But you go boy....keep on thinking your version of "offroading" is superior to other people's.

Before alleging a bunch of people are fucking liars, maybe...just maybe they consider what they do with their Jeep is offroading to them?

Sponsored

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Sema report does not prove its not a majority. It focused on modified jeeps because SEMA is a mod show.

So it only surveyed further the modified owners. It was a majority of modded jeeps. It's likely also a majority of non modded Jeeps. Either way, its easily between 40-50%+, even with conservative numbers for non modded jeeps.

Heres the real point - super sick of people just repeating this bullshit narrative all over the place. People have been pulling these numbers out of their collective asses for decades. And it's literally never had any validity to it.

And it doesn't matter if you "think", "feel", or "suspect" its any different. Your feelings mean precisely zilch.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of the 34%, only 60%

Or harder, the other 40% apparently stick to dirt, and gravel roads, etc. Which doesn't fit my personal definition of wheeling, but I won't push that point any further. I'm just happy that the Jeep Brand, and Wranglers in particular are successful.
Yeah...largely b/c our "personal definitions" were disproved as anything more than mere opinion.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sema report does not prove its not a majority. It focused on modified jeeps because SEMA is a mod show.

So it only surveyed further the modified owners. It was a majority of modded jeeps. It's likely also a majority of non modded Jeeps. Either way, its easily between 40-50%+, even with conservative numbers for non modded jeeps.

Heres the real point - super sick of people just repeating this bullshit narrative all over the place. People have been pulling these numbers out of their collective asses for decades. And it's literally never had any validity to it.

And it doesn't matter if you "think", "feel", or "suspect" its any different. Your feelings mean precisely zilch.
And I think you and I agree in large part, but are coming at it from different directions.

You are correct that people just pull the 10% number out of their asses.

And I'm looking at it as...people who like to cite that made up number are often doing it to be elitist (intentionally or not).

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Why oh why can’t the Bronco information be revealed so this shit show of a thread can get back on track?!?!?!?!?!

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Oh, trust me....I know what you're attempting to allege, in spite of the evidence to the contrary.

But you go boy....keep on thinking your version of "offroading" is superior to other people's.

Before alleging a bunch of people are fucking liars, maybe...just maybe they consider what they do with their Jeep is offroading to them?
It isn't me trying to infer shit. This is me just the other day. We were having fun out in the forest. But I don't call it off roading..... because we were on a freaking road.

20200229_175204.jpg

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Sean K. and @kre62 , if we all agree that you two are right will you let this thread get back to its original intent?
No...b/c the Bronco is still vaporware, lol. And...the mods obviously are giving this thread a very wide berth.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It isn't me trying to infer shit. This is me just the other day. We were having fun out in the forest. But I don't call it off roading..... because we were on a freaking road.

20200229_175204.jpg

I didn't say infer. I said allege.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
After reading the last few pages of this thread, I now understand the lack of readily available toilet paper on the shelves.....

Status
Not open for further replies.