Not open for further replies.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
I can’t unsee discovery 2 with a removable roof from the side. The entire front from the side is exactly 03/04 discovery 2.
Now try to imagine 1st gen bronco when looking at Disco 2, since that's what they mimicked .
Sponsored

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
The two things that would make the new one better are the flat grill and chrome surround, which I know is due to aerodynamics, and the slight angle on the rear of the hardtop. It would make it look so much better. :(

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
The two things that would make the new one better are the flat grill and chrome surround, which I know is due to aerodynamics, and the slight angle on the rear of the hardtop. It would make it look so much better. :(
Pretty sure hard top does have a slope it’s just pretty small.

as for the chrome and other looks.... keep in mind this is probably a base model. I’ve heard a few rumors that there are several different launch models with different styling variations, flairs, colors, etc. I’m thinking there’s something for everyone.

BlueCJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Wish the wheel openings were more flat at the top, not totally round.

Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
I love my Jeep and it's not going anywhere. Even If it burst into flames I'll probably buy another one in Bikini Teal with Diesel, because I am a die hard Jeep/ Mopar fanboy.

But Bronco was always my #2 favorite Big dumb boxy 4x4, that is a damn fine looking Bronco. I'd say they did the original justice. Curious to see what the more off road oriented versions look like, as well as full reveal pics for other colors/ interior as well as the "first drive" reviews. My question is how long until we see SFA/ V8/ Diesel swaps on Broncos like people are doing on Jeeps? Is this going to catch on to that extent or will it just be normies driving these things like all the plain jane JL's and JLU's out there. I only know a couple Bronco guys who are still hanging on...
If Ford roll out 2.7 in big B, there's not going to be that many engine swaps as 2.7 is powerful engine. And very easy to get large increase in power with just a tune and premium octane to surpass torque of 6.2 Chevy.
More torque than Coyote 5.0 or Chevy 5.3L.

Screenshot_20200310-213506_Chrome.jpg

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
My office window is directly across from a large ford dealer so all day I see trucks and cars being unloaded and see all the new cars parked n front.. I have yet to see anything on a new bronco. Although I am impressed with the 2 raptors that I see daily, equally amazed at the crazy $70k price sticker on them.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
My office window is directly across from a large ford dealer so all day I see trucks and cars being unloaded and see all the new cars parked n front.. I have yet to see anything on a new bronco. Although I am impressed with the 2 raptors that I see daily, equally amazed at the crazy $70k price sticker on them.
Yea that price is a bit stupid. Honestly a trailboss with a 6.2 is a great truck . Better engine than the 3.5 6 popper. Of you can live with the shit GM interior , i highly recommend.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

the mirrors mount to the fenders so the doors can come off. brilliant thinking.

not sure what the loop things on the front of the fender are for...windshield going to fold down??

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
The Bronco will steal market share from the wrangler. The 2.7 would be a good power plant and I suspect there will be some great features. That said we know very little about the Bronco and we know after market parts will be extremely limited for a year or two. While I would have concerns about first year reliability, the bar is pretty low compared to the JL. My biggest concern is the impact it could have on wrangler resale. Conversely, it might force Jeep to up its game a bit....

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
Not directed at anybody in particular, but function > form, and we know zilch about the former at this stage.

Meme 2020-03-10 at 07.45.12 PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.