Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Center diff lock is completely unnecessary in a regular 2 speed transfer case....it's only applicable to AWD systems.

Is Ford planning to make the Bronco AWD?
Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I hope Ford stock goes even lower so I can buy some more. With the introduction of the Mustang Mach E Electric which is sold out, the Bronco, the Bronco Sport, the redesigned 2021 F-150 and the Explorer which is now selling like hotcakes Ford will do just fine.
Have you seen the Mach E Mustang? What a horrible name... That's no Mustang. Reminds me of the Mustang II fiasco.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
The GWagen would like a word with you.

upload_2020-2-26_22-12-52.jpeg

Center diff lock is completely unnecessary in a regular 2 speed transfer case....it's only applicable to AWD systems.

Is Ford planning to make the Bronco AWD?

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I know right, I hate that they are using the Mustang name on this.
Ford realizes that they have to evolve the mustang name. They don’t have a choice. Basically the same way that there are quite a few vehicles nowadays that carry the Jeep name that have basically no off road capability. Ford has a ton of brand equity in the mustang name and to only utilize it in a platform that will probably never sell over 75k units again is an absolute waste. Tesla is about to eat everyone’s lunch and Ford decided to utilize that brand to fight back.

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Ford realizes that they have to evolve the mustang name. They don’t have a choice. Basically the same way that there are quite a few vehicles nowadays that carry the Jeep name that have basically no off road capability. Ford has a ton of brand equity in the mustang name and to only utilize it in a platform that will probably never sell over 75k units again is an absolute waste. Tesla is about to eat everyone’s lunch and Ford decided to utilize that brand to fight back.
Simply not true. Make an EV Mustang that has wild acceleration and decent range in a sports car chassis and it can "evolve" into an electric version of what it was as a petrol muscle car.

Last edited:

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Simply not true. Make an EV Mustang that has wild acceleration and decent range in a sports car chassis and it can "evolve" into an electric version of what it was as a petrol muscle car.
There is already an electric 2-door mustang on the way. I’m sure the Mach E will outsell it 5:1. People do not buy 2 door vehicles anymore. Hell, look at the JL! For every 9 4-doors there’s a 2-door.

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is already an electric 2-door mustang on the way. I’m sure the Mach E will outsell it 5:1. People do not buy 2 door vehicles anymore. Hell, look at the JL! For every 9 4-doors there’s a 2-door.
Yeah...people don't buy two door sports cars. You're totally right; sports cars are almost always sold in the 4 door variety. <-and that is sarcasm. Hopefully you get it, b/c I'm laying it on pretty thick. ;)

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Yeah...people don't buy two door sports cars. You're totally right; sports cars are almost always sold in the 4 door variety. <-and that is sarcasm. Hopefully you get it, b/c I'm laying it on pretty thick. ;)
Well 97k Chargers vs 60k Challengers sold last year, kinda proves the point. I don't like it, but it's true. Those cars are as identical as they could be, and the fact is that the 4 door sells more.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well 97k Chargers vs 60k Challengers sold last year, kinda proves the point. I don't like it, but it's true. Those cars are as identical as they could be, and the fact is that the 4 door sells more.
While the Charger is faster in the quarter mile for drag racing, it's also heavier...so lap times are unlikely to be as good. I wouldn't call a Charger a sports car either, though.

Reactions: apb

joec63

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy's 2 Door
Just looked at the new " Mach-E" on Tuesday at the Cleveland Auto Show...ugly. ( I'm not a Ford fan anyway)
IMG_20200225_113644.jpg

Hey neighbor , I'm down the street in Olmsted Township. I was there on Sat and was disappointed in the Jeep display with the two Wranglers . Pretty sure it was more last year. I was looking forward to the 2 dr Wrangler from the Chicago show with aftermarket parts installed.. As far as the Mach E , I like it. Sure it's not a Mustang per se but does carry some styling cues. I have a 15' Mustang GT (garage queen with 14k miles) as well to go with the Wrangler. Different strokes :like:

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
While the Charger is faster in the quarter mile for drag racing, it's also heavier...so lap times are unlikely to be as good. I wouldn't call a Charger a sports car either, though.
Having just come from a Charger, I wouldn't call it a sports car either. It pulls hard and is a straight line beast, but it's way too heavy to track. The Challenger is heavy too, Dodge needs to bring out the Barracuda they've hinted at and make that a true sports car.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.