Sponsored

Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Kit looks good, going to supercharge my jl in the next couple of months, with that being said any issues with engine failures with the tune provided by edelbrock?

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Kit looks good, going to supercharge my jl in the next couple of months, with that being said any issues with engine failures with the tune provided by edelbrock?
none that Im aware of. I talked to a shop that has ~25,000 miles and lots of towing with it on their gladiator and no reported issues.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Also anyone know a shop that will install this in Dfw I read that in order to keep the power train warranty for the system you have to have the setup installed by a edelbrock shop.

Rjackson

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Just want to give an update. I have now got everything for my Jeep tuned. Eddie with @EForce-Tech has been very helpful since getting in touch with him. He has completely restored my confidence in Edelbrock. I deleted all my previous comments about my experience thus far. I suggest anyone looking into Edelbrock, ask to speak with Eddie. He will help you! @EForce-Tech thank you again.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
In for a penny, in for a pound. Well maybe...I have done lots of mods on my JLR and in process of finishing the existing list now. However since my JLR will be on jack stands till mid July (long story but sold front axle and waiting on a new Dana 4.88 UD44 with an expected ship date early July) I now find myself thinking again of supercharging...The Edelbrock setup looks pretty solid, however living in 'Hells Acres' (AKA Arizona Desert) I am a little concerned with overheating and/or degradation of air conditioning performance. Maybe, if it fits, the 392 radiator would be a good idea for those planning forced induction...

For those who have supercharged (any brand) what/if any issues have arisen or complaints, comments you now have?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edelbrock Supercharger arrived today! Planning install for later this month or early July. (Have Dana 4.88 UD44 to install first along with a few other mods including regear the rear plus Dana Chromoly axle shafts) Also still waiting on Borla to ship my Touring Cat-Back, want that installed first so Edelbrock have all info needed before they build my calibration.
The 'extras' I plan to add to the instal: A higher capacity radiator (I live in AZ) such as the Cold Case MOJ996 or possibly the 392 radiator-if I can verify it will fit and has greater cooling capability. Colder NGK spark plugs. Gladiator grill inserts (they have much larger openings) for better air flow. Still need to research the 3.6 thermostat and decide if I want to run a lower temp stat or not...

Going to be a fast & fun July!

UPDATE: NGK tech support just responded with their recommendation on plugs, a new Ruthenium HX plug designed for forced injection. Part number for the 3.6 JL is LKR8BHX-S (stock number 90465) which is one step colder than stock, just ordered a set.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production. IMG_2654

Last edited:

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More updates on Edelbrock Supercharger pre-install:

Got a chance to look closely at the 392 radiator and it really does not look much different/larger than the 3.6, so just ordered the Cold Case MOJ996 radiator.

Also think a catch-can would be a good idea for forced induction, ordered the Mishimoto kit, a little pricey but you get what you pay for.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
More updates on Edelbrock Supercharger pre-install:

Got a chance to look closely at the 392 radiator and it really does not look much different/larger than the 3.6, so just ordered the Cold Case MOJ996 radiator.

Also think a catch-can would be a good idea for forced induction, ordered the Mishimoto kit, a little pricey but you get what you pay for.
following this! goodluck with the install

Sponsored

FJL40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr 6spd
Edelbrock Supercharger arrived today! Planning install for later this month or early July. (Have Dana 4.88 UD44 to install first along with a few other mods including regear the rear plus Dana Chromoly axle shafts) Also still waiting on Borla to ship my Touring Cat-Back, want that installed first so Edelbrock have all info needed before they build my calibration.
The 'extras' I plan to add to the instal: A higher capacity radiator (I live in AZ) such as the Cold Case MOJ996 or possibly the 392 radiator-if I can verify it will fit and has greater cooling capability. Colder NGK spark plugs. Gladiator grill inserts (they have much larger openings) for better air flow. Still need to research the 3.6 thermostat and decide if I want to run a lower temp stat or not...

Going to be a fast & fun July!

UPDATE: NGK tech support just responded with their recommendation on plugs, a new Ruthenium HX plug designed for forced injection. Part number for the 3.6 JL is LKR8BHX-S (stock number 90465) which is one step colder than stock, just ordered a set.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production. IMG_2654
Hey bud, what part of AZ you in? Im in North Phoenix and would love to take a look at your build if your not too far as im contemplating getting the SC kit.

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Keep us up to day...curious how this thing turns out since I won't be getting a 392 anytime soon.

Moosebear

First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 84 Chevy M1008, 22 Axial SCX6
Will it work on 2021 JL models? Having a suprisingly hard time finding an answer to this...
Sponsored