Sponsored

Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Thanks. Maybe after posting on here I can actually get some support on their system. I’ve never talked to Eddie, just Tony. They’ve never been rude, I’ve just not been able to get any useful support at all. Like I said, I waited for over a year to publicly say anything negative about them. Tried to give them all the opportunities possible to simply let me purchase what I need and at a minimum respond to questions. We shall see.

One would think that a company would at least want a customer that is happy with their product. I have only ask to buy the parts that I need. I guess we don’t see that they same way. I don’t think they “owe” me anything, I just think they should be more helpful in letting me purchase the correct parts. Hell, I’ve waited over a year to get some sort of ability to buy the right set up. Especially since they were involved in the build and used it for advertising. You’d think they’d care a little more about that. 🤷‍♂️. Honestly it is minimal parts that I needed as well. A belt, pulley, and some shims. I think the shims that I got on my own and the different belt from autozone may have helped fix the issue. I tried to match them through the instruction manual online. I’ve only driven it about 20 miles so we shall see. It appears to be better. The computer is unlocked I believe because Edelbrock put the tune on it to begin with using Diablosport to the best of my knowledge. I have been looking into HPTuners. Was planning to buy the stuff from them and then have it tuned if I couldn’t get it touch with Edelbrock anytime in the near future.
thats my point. You arent a customer. You bought a jeep, used, from a 3rd party, with a kit edelbrock never intended for public release on it. Edelbrock offered you nothing and you gave edelbrock zero dollars. You arent an edelbrock customer. You’re a PN customer. Id be curious to hear the other side of this still. Like how you got connected with the tv show, how that deal went down, etc.

Getting real use reports- good AND bad- helps us make informed decisions about what products and what vendors to choose for our needs. But drive by’s like this i find less than helpful and less than credible. First you said edelbrock was blowing you off and screwing you over as a “first kit owner” and turns out you didnt buy it all, you got a pre pro unit that was never meant for market in the first place.

having a pre-pro demo kit on a jeep you bought third hand, when Edebrock never had an arrangement with you, and trying to play that off as getting screwed over by Edelbrock is disingenuous....especially since it was fixed as easily as shimming a pulley. Shimming a pulley is something that might have to be done to a FACTORY supercharged car...and you fixed it easily.

since you have the belt issue sorted, i think your best bet would be to clean up your posts, and ask the guy from Edelbrock on here who is in charge of tuning tech what you can do to get the latest file. you might be able to buy a HPTuners license and flash device from HP and buy the tuning from Edelbrock. but Id guess the approach of “im entitled to the following and you owe it to me” probably wont get you as far. I have no idea what changes have happened over the last year at edelbrock or who the people are youve been trying to contact. But youve got someone on here who has been extremely helpful who i think is actually in charge of one of your issues you want sorted.

again, good luck.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I've been following many of these forced induction threads in the hopes of getting a unit installed on my JLU at some point. This would be my first foray into forced induction and I don't know much. I've read both horror stories and positive feedback. Given the cost of these systems coupled with worst case scenarios of out of pocket engine damage, I expect the companies to at least respond to people running their systems. Maybe I expect too much. While I understand that @Rjackson did not buy the system from Edelbrock, he is still running their system. Though I don't know how these TV programs work with respect to vendors and them providing parts and what the agreements between the shows and the vendors may be, it still sounds bad to me from Edelbrock's standpoint. I would expect them to provide support for their products PERIOD, even if it is telling the customer that the system was pre-production and not supported nor is it able to be upgraded. Otherwise, they still stand to benefit as he wants to PURCHASE parts from them. If they only provide support to the purchasing customer, why would anyone want to buy a car with an Edlebrock setup already on it knowing they will be ignored if they need support in the future? Not trying to stir trouble and there may be more to the story but as the story currently stands, I don't think Edelbrock is completely innocent in this.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I've been following many of these forced induction threads in the hopes of getting a unit installed on my JLU at some point. This would be my first foray into forced induction and I don't know much. I've read both horror stories and positive feedback. Given the cost of these systems coupled with worst case scenarios of out of pocket engine damage, I expect the companies to at least respond to people running their systems. Maybe I expect too much. While I understand that @Rjackson did not buy the system from Edelbrock, he is still running their system. Though I don't know how these TV programs work with respect to vendors and them providing parts and what the agreements between the shows and the vendors may be, it still sounds bad to me from Edelbrock's standpoint. I would expect them to provide support for their products PERIOD, even if it is telling the customer that the system was pre-production and not supported nor is it able to be upgraded. Otherwise, they still stand to benefit as he wants to PURCHASE parts from them. If they only provide support to the purchasing customer, why would anyone want to buy a car with an Edlebrock setup already on it knowing they will be ignored if they need support in the future? Not trying to stir trouble and there may be more to the story but as the story currently stands, I don't think Edelbrock is completely innocent in this.
my point is that we dont know that didnt happen. For all we know he has been emailing people who havent worked there in a year and its going to a dead email address. This thread has been going on with one of the head exelbrock techs actively participating. If i was a member, and read this thread, i would have tagged and pm’d that individual asking for help. I dont think edelbrock has a terribly high burden to do anything for this guy. He bought a truck second hand with a kit that was never intended to be publicly released, and it sounded at first like he wanted the finished product after the fact of buying this demo truck from a tv show.

maybe edelbrock did fuck up in communication, and that would need to be fixed. The ready made excuse of covid this covid that from businesses HAS gotten exhausting. But some of these states have legit been closed closed for the majority of the year. That said, im always leery of people who post half truths followed by more complete truths only after having the screws put them by someone calling bullshit. Especially when it is their first and only post.

i mean, in the end, this came down to a simple idler pulley needing to be shimmed to the belt line. He could have just bought a timken pulley and been done in an afternoon. Theres no reason for that to “take well over a year”. None. Zero. Any half decent shop could have done it. The other issue is he wants the full new tuning suite. Again, i dont know what was communicated. But new ecu’s are easy to buy, hp tuners is easy to buy, and the dude in charge of ecu dispersal is active in this thread. He could have made a post in this thread MONTHS ago saying “hey, im the guy that ended up with that PN jeep and here are my issues, what can be done”. is something wrong with the tune? Was that tune based on a pre-pro version of the rotorpacks in the blower or housing and the new tune wont work with it? Different ecu Os? Or does he just want the latest? There are a number of possible reasons. i think they SHOULD give him the opportunity to buy into the new programming, and i would be surprised/disappointed if they dont. but they dont owe it to him because he got the pre-pro kit second hand from a tv show.

i dunno. Im certainly not about to toss shade on edelbrock based on one lurker’s post and half story. After my experience dealing with edelbrock, im going to need to see more proof before i bite. It sucks he has had issues, and i genuinely understand how frustrating that can be. But a good portion of his frustration has come at his own hand.

just my $.02.

Rjackson

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I appreciate you getting the real point here. I’ve done all I can to get assistance and to purchase parts from them privately, and it has got me no where. Due to Covid, I laid off the project for a while knowing that they were likely unable to give me assistance or get there kit together. Which I understood. Once I seen that the kit was available to purchase, I started trying to reach out to them again. Like you understand, you would think that a company would want to have people out there in the public who want to give good reviews on their products. I also wanted to be one of those people, and at no point did I expect them to do that for free. If they reach out to me and we can get the issues resolved, then I’ll delete my comments. Until then, this has been my experience and I think people deserve to know what kind of support they can expect if they were to purchase a Jeep that has their products on it.

Sponsored

EForce-Tech

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU 8AT, 2020 JT 6MT
Hello @Rjackson , I'm the Eddie @Kurt0 has mentioned. I'll try to be the winch to your rut (Jeep humor?) as best I can.

Let me start with the obvious, I'm not a sales guy so I'll keep my responses BS free. You bought a USED vehicle with a PRE-PRODUCTION supercharger kit and calibration. Shame on Power Nation for not being completely transparent and the third party dealer for not sorting the vehicle out before re-selling. This Wrangler was never meant to be sold "as-is" since it was and still isn't emissions legal in it's current configuration. We, the calibration dept., were also caught off guard when we heard the PN JL was sold. My team is very proud of the emissions legal production calibration for this kit. It took more time and effort than any other kit we've done in the companies supercharger history.

Now for the issue at hand, customer calibration support is my responsibility at Edelbrock. Please email [email protected] so we can start planning our next moves. Using the calibration email address allows me to better track our conversation with the rest of my daily work load. You can copy/paste our conversations here at your convenience.

As for hardware, I honestly don't know how close or far from final production the supercharger components donated to PN were. Getting the "right" components will be dynamic since we are now spread all over the country but not impossible. I'll talk to our mechanical design team in hopes they have some record of the build.

My other concern is the current state of the power train. Since this was a PRE-PRODUCTION build, I'd personally recommend leak down and compression tests as a general health check. The condition of the catalyst would be another point of interest.

Last edited:

Rjackson

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to post a response to this issue in a few minutes.
Hello @Rjackson , I'm the Eddie @Kurt0 has mentioned. I'll try to be the winch to your rut (Jeep humor?) as best I can.

Let me start with the obvious, I'm not a sales guy so I'll keep my responses BS free. You bought a USED vehicle with a PRE-PRODUCTION supercharger kit and calibration. Shame on Power Nation for not being completely transparent and the third party dealer for not sorting the vehicle out before re-selling. This Wrangler was never meant to be sold "as-is" since it was and still isn't emissions legal in it's current configuration. We, the calibration dept., were also caught off guard when we heard the PN JL was sold. My team is very proud of the emissions legal production calibration for this kit. It took more time and effort than any other kit we've done in the companies supercharger history.

Now for the issue at hand, customer calibration support is my responsibility at Edelbrock. Please email [email protected] so we can start planning our next moves. Using the calibration email address allows me to better track our conversation with the rest of my daily work load. You can copy/paste our conversations here at your convenience.

As for hardware, I honestly don't know how close or far the supercharger components donated to PN were. Getting the "right" components will be dynamic since we are now spread all over the country but not impossible. I'll talk to our mechanical design team in hopes they have some record of the build.

My other concern is the current state of the power train. Since this was a PRE-PRODUCTION build, I'd personally recommend leak down and compression tests as a general health check. The condition of the catalyst would be another point of interest.
I understand I bought a USED vehicle. Never did I think it was new nor did I expect that. But is it to much to expect to be able to purchase correct parts, when available and to have a steady flow of communication? I wouldn’t think so if customer service is a priority. I have been in contact with Tony a few times over the past year and a few months. that’s who I was always told to talk to. I simply wanted to get the right parts when they became available. The lack of communication is what has been so frustrating. I get told “middle of next week” and then I hear nothing for months and get no response from Tony about anything and he doesn’t respond to emails. I have sent him emailed pics and gave him a parts list, part numbers etc etc. but he has failed to respond since and hasn’t communicated in anyway with me about any updates. Communication goes a long way with me and there has been none. The Jeep literally has 1700 miles on it. It had 750ish on it when I bought it from PN. If you all were caught off guard to know that the Jeep was sold, don’t ya think a simple phone call or email, and steady communication would have helped? That’s really all it would’ve taken for me to be completely understanding. It appears that you will be much easier to communicate with, and I appreciate that and look forward to getting the issues resolved. I will be emailing you shortly. I appreciate your response.

Last edited:

EForce-Tech

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU 8AT, 2020 JT 6MT
I understand I bought a USED vehicle. Never did I think it was new nor did I expect that. But is it to much to expect to be able to purchase correct parts, when available and to have a steady flow of communication? I wouldn’t think so if customer service is a priority. I have been in contact with Tony a few times over the past year and a few months. that’s who I was always told to talk to. I simply wanted to get the right parts when they became available. The lack of communication is what has been so frustrating. I get told “middle of next week” and then I hear nothing for months and get no response from Tony about anything and he doesn’t respond to emails. I have sent him emailed pics and gave him a parts list, part numbers etc etc. but he has failed to respond since and hasn’t communicated in anyway with me about any updates. Communication goes a long way with me and there has been none. The Jeep literally has 1700 miles on it. It had 750ish on it when I bought it from PN. If you all were caught off guard to know that the Jeep was sold, don’t ya think a simple phone call or email, and steady communication would have helped? That’s really all it would’ve taken for me to be completely understanding. It appears that you will be much easier to communicate with, and I appreciate that and look forward to getting the issues resolved. I will be emailing you shortly. I appreciate your response.
Unfortunately every company has a few bad apples in the bunch. I'm not a manager (YET...) so I can only yell at my coworkers so much before I get in trouble. Customer service is important which is why I do what I can when an issue is brought to my attention. We'll get this sorted out soon enough.

Rjackson

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately every company has a few bad apples in the bunch. I'm not a manager (YET...) so I can only yell at my coworkers so much before I get in trouble. Customer service is important which is why I do what I can when an issue is brought to my attention. We'll get this sorted out soon enough.
Thank you. You’ve responded to the first email that I sent so that’s already an improvement. I have hope and confidence this experience with you will be better.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
This is as much as anyone in this position could ask for.

Sponsored

Rjackson

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is as much as anyone in this position could ask for.
You’re right, and if this simple process would’ve occurred months ago (like it could have) my original comment would’ve never been made.

Rjackson

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far since posting, Eddie @EForce-Tech has been helpful and very responsive. I appreciate this and it gives me confidence that overall, maybe I just had a bad experience with a certain person sitting on his hands at Edelbrock. Eddie has emailed multiple times this afternoon as well as, about. 15 minute phone conversation. Hopefully this turns my opinion around completely. So far so good and I appreciate you reaching out and trying to help me get this resolved @EForce-Tech.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thats two attaboys for elde in my book! When time comes will be tough decision on which to choose.. Keep staying up to date on both to see how everything unfolds.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
As far as Edelbrock or the Magnusson -
Download and compare the respective installation manuals for each.
This is what is driving me towards the Edelbrock:
The intercooler installation on the Magnusson looks less sturdy than the Edelbrock installation - a key factor for offroad driving, such as on washboard roads which will vibrate the crap outta anything not securely mounted.

FWIW, I've had the Edelbrock on my 2014 JKURX (37's, 5.13's and 6-speed manual) and it provides power when I need it. Wranglers are not racecars, so the HP/TQ differences between the two is marginal for deciding which is better. If you want numbers then do numbers. Either one will provide you with a performance increase. I look at what it takes to install, the workmanship, durability and longevity of the components.
(and yes, I did the install myself)

Summit Racing appears to have the Edelbrock units in stock.

Last edited:

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer

Sponsored