Sponsored

Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production.

EForce-Tech

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU 8AT, 2020 JT 6MT
FYI we are now at 15 successfully supported JL/JT customers with 2 more in-process and no significant issues to report. This is without any additional tuning required beyond our supplied emissions legal calibration.

Truck Trend (Motor Trend) and Adventure Off Road in Huntington Beach, CA are currently building a 2020 JL manual trans with 37's and 4.88's. I believe this will be part of a featurette video series coming soon.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
FYI we are now at 15 successfully supported JL/JT customers with 2 more in-process and no significant issues to report.

Truck Trend (Motor Trend) and Adventure Off Road in Huntington Beach, CA are currently building a 2020 JL manual trans with 37's and 4.88's. I believe this will be part of a featurette video series coming soon.
Mine's a manual with 37's and 4.88's. I look forward to updates on their build.

This has been an informative thread to read. Thank you to all that have contributed.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
So, for perspective, that same blower is used to make over 600hp on a 5.0L Mustang and nearly 800 on a 6.2L Camaro at the same boost level Ripp is running on a stock JL engine. I mean, pardon my french, but that's fucking nuts. As far as the TVS1900 goes, Cadillac CTS-V's are making damn near 700whp on that blower.
X vehicle making X horsepower with x supercharger on a one time pull on a dyno is different than being able to do it consistently.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Mine's a manual with 37's and 4.88's. I look forward to updates on their build.

This has been an informative thread to read. Thank you to all that have contributed.
buying forced induction is a big commitment, and it’s never a bad idea to get as much input amd hopefully first hand use experience as possible.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
If we are talking about what is safe for the motor and debating a centrifugal vs a pd supercharge I think the centrifugal would probably be safer if they are both tuned properly. Detonation is more likely at slower engine speeds and high loads. The way the boost comes in right of idle with a PD supercharger I think you’d run a higher chance of detonation. With a centrifugal the boost comes in slower and builds as you increase RPM where the engine in theory could handle more boost than right off idle. Comparing max boost numbers between a Pd supercharger and a centrifugal isn’t necessarily a apples to apples comparison.

Sponsored

EForce-Tech

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU 8AT, 2020 JT 6MT
Is there a tune that is safe with 91 octane and what is the difference in power and torque?
Edelbrock offers emissions legal calibrations for 91 and 93 octane upon request. 91 octane averages 10-12HP/TQ less than 93. The only difference being ignition advance from peak TQ to redline.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
for those that are on the borderline, Magnuson called me today and said my order has a 6+ Week wait time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Well. If I wait for the Magnuson, i likely wont be able to get it done until after the summer given my work travel schedule and trips planned with my kids and it wont be on for the trips where I have them in the summer.

the edelbrock is a solid kit, i may need to rig an interchiller system when the boost goes up down the road, but its ready to go right now.

what do folks think? Wait? Go edelbrock and actually get a forum user with one installed?

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Well. If I wait for the Magnuson, i likely wont be able to get it done until after the summer given my work travel schedule and trips planned with my kids and it wont be on for the trips where I have them in the summer.

the edelbrock is a solid kit, i may need to rig an interchiller system when the boost goes up down the road, but its ready to go right now.

what do folks think? Wait? Go edelbrock and actually get a forum user with one installed?
Tough call! How badly/quickly do you want or need more power? If retro fitting the edelbrock wont be too complicated down the road when you change pulleys, go for it. From what I have read re magnusson, customers aren't overly happy. I'm sure edelbrock customer service will be much better?!

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Tough call! How badly/quickly do you want or need more power? If retro fitting the edelbrock wont be too complicated down the road when you change pulleys, go for it. From what I have read re magnusson, customers aren't overly happy. I'm sure edelbrock customer service will be much better?!
early reports of Magnuson were abysmal but seem to be good now. There’s literally no one on the forums running the Edelbrock kit. They’ve given a couple units out to Tv shows but that’s all Im aware of.

Magnuson has been somewhat responsive, @EForce-Tech has been super responsive and helpful.

I’m looking into the options today. all standard, there isnt much power output difference between the two. The Magnuson pays dividends if youre willing to go custom tuned or later down the road if you turn up the boost. My Trusted Advisor pointed out that the only reason Im even remotely bummed is my “Y Chromosome” and that the point of this exercise was “make heavy truck drive more gooderer” not “becuz racekar”

also, as mentioned, Dave’s tune for the Magnuson is unanimously voted the best by all parties, but magnuson doesnt warranty that. Ive got faith as mentioned Magnuson has come a long way with the new tuner, but have to keep apples to apples on warranties box tunes. The Edebrock could be turned up by a tuner too. I think equal tuning, it will take closer to 14psi before you start to see the 1900's advantage in blower and intercooler size. Intercooler can be augmented with a chiller box easily enough.

we’ll see. Im doing some digging today. One way or another, a blower is in the mail to me today. I need to get the truck done and ready to travel, even if it means a smaller blower, and I don't consider any of the current Centrifugal offerings acceptable.

Last edited:

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
early reports of Magnuson were abysmal but seem to be good now. There’s literally no one on the forums running the Edelbrock kit. They’ve given a couple units out to Tv shows but that’s all Im aware of.

Magnuson has been somewhat responsive, @EForce-Tech has been super responsive.

I’m looking into the options today. all standard, there isnt much power output difference between the two. The Magnuson pays dividends if youre willing to go custom tuned or later down the road if you turn up the boost. My Trusted Advisor pointed out that the only reason Im even remotely bummed is my “Y Chromosome” and that the point of this exercise was “make heavy truck drive more gooderer” not “becuz racekar”

also, as mentioned, Dave’s tune for the Magnuson is unanimously voted the best by all parties, but magnuson doesnt warranty that. Ive got faith as mentioned Magnuson has come a long way with the new tuner, but have to keep apples to apples on warranties box tunes. The Edebrock could be turned up by a tuner too.

we’ll see. Im doing some digging today. One way or another, a blower is in the mail to me today. I need to get the truck done and ready to travel, even if it means a smaller blower, and I don't consider any of the current Centrifugal offerings acceptable.
atleast you are taking a very methodical approach! Either system, or any for that matter, is going to need custom tuning from someone that knows how to tune FI. These canned tunes are mostly bunk!
(As for my friend that has the Ripp, he's now at another shop having the engine torn down to diagnose further. Pretty sure his will need rebuilt after only 1000 miles or so).

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
atleast you are taking a very methodical approach! Either system, or any for that matter, is going to need custom tuning from someone that knows how to tune FI. These canned tunes are mostly bunk!
(As for my friend that has the Ripp, he's now at another shop having the engine torn down to diagnose further. Pretty sure his will need rebuilt after only 1000 miles or so).
uhg. I feel for him. Yeah, the Hamburger tuning/reliability seems good, but it's an open filter element only/alternator relocate down. The Ripp kit blower is gargantuan and their tuning is just outright dangerous. KraftWerks will probably get it right on tuning and airbox, but unclear if they push alt down or when it goes from vaporware to hardware.

It'll all get sorted. Man. Talk about first world fucking problems, huh? I mean, what a thing to be complaining bout. hahahahahaha I'm lucky.
Sponsored

Last edited: