Sponsored

Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production.

EForce-Tech

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU 8AT, 2020 JT 6MT
Not yet, but soon...When I did my 4.88 regear and UD44 Advantek front axle, I decided to re-do the suspension at the same time: Metalcloak 2.5 springs, Teraflex passenger front and rear 1/2" spacers (Metalcloak springs are not side specific and the UD44 does not use the OEM side specific plastic spring perches) RK No Limits front sway bar links, Synergy rear sway bar links, Metalcloak 3/4" rear sway bar drop spacers and Synergy rear track bar frame-side track bar brace. Shocks will be AccuTune Fox.

I also just received (been on order since 4/21) the new (for 2-door 3.6) Borla Touring Climber cat-back, I wanted the exhaust installed before the supercharger so Edelbrock could account for it in their custom tune. Paused installation of the exhaust yesterday as I ordered some additional heat shielding to install on the floor pan above the Borla muffler...My OCD kicking up again!
FYI a cat-back exhaust does not require custom tuning. More importantly Edelbrock does not provide custom tuning for other aftermarket components such as cold air intakes, engine upgrades or high-flow/deleted catalyst.
Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
FYI a cat-back exhaust does not require custom tuning. More importantly Edelbrock does not provide custom tuning for other aftermarket components such as cold air intakes, engine upgrades or high-flow/deleted catalyst.

I was told when I contacted Edelbrock tech support it would be 'helpful' to have the exhaust installed before installation of the supercharger. I was also informed (as are in the instructions for the supercharger) Edelbrock does not support aftermarket CAI's but as the Mopar CAI is a factory option (the factory does not cut the hole in the hood for the side air intake-they leave that up to the dealer or owner, if desired) there would be no issues with it.

EForce-Tech

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was told when I contacted Edelbrock tech support it would be 'helpful' to have the exhaust installed before installation of the supercharger. I was also informed (as are in the instructions for the supercharger) Edelbrock does not support aftermarket CAI's but as the Mopar CAI is a factory option (the factory does not cut the hole in the hood for the side air intake-they leave that up to the dealer or owner, if desired) there would be no issues with it.
Not sure why that particular tech said that but a cat-back exhaust will not affect our calibration. Our calibrations are designed for completely stock vehicles from the catalyst FORWARD. We have not specially tested that intake configuration in-house so I can't comment on what difference it may create.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edelbrock Supercharger Update:

Well guys and gals, after more than a three month delay waiting on a Dana Chromoly left rear axle shaft and finally getting my JLR put back together...I have a change in plans and will be selling the BRAND NEW STILL IN SEALED BOXES Edelbrock Supercharger kit for the JL3.6 Non-eTorque. Also (prefer selling as package) included is a Cool Case high performance radiator (also new in box) along with a Mishimoto (again new in box) catch can kit. $7K for everything with no tax and NO waiting!

The ONLY reason I am selling is I just ordered a TRX and figure the TRX will satisfy 'my need for speed'...

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
According to Eaton the TVS1320 rotor size is perfect for the 3.6 , The TVS1900 is a little to big for this application.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production. 508A3AFB-7CD4-42F0-843C-0064B91CCDBC

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production. D0E438F1-6A3F-477A-A160-BF166CC66BFB

Sponsored

tinymay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'82 Scrambler and 2020 Wrangler JL
Been looking at the Edelbrock 15284 kit for a long time now. Seems like the price went up but maybe i'm remembering it without the tune. I'm still on the fence with DIY or trust someone i do not know to turn the wrenches. These days, finding an honorable shop is like searching for toilet paper during the shutdown.... ain't got no!

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Been looking at the Edelbrock 15284 kit for a long time now. Seems like the price went up but maybe i'm remembering it without the tune. I'm still on the fence with DIY or trust someone i do not know to turn the wrenches. These days, finding an honorable shop is like searching for toilet paper during the shutdown.... ain't got no!
I have been looking at a number of them for some months now. While Edelbrock is probably the safest and has the most support, the "disabling" of the oil fill tube and only being able to use the oil filter as the fill point is a complete non-starter for me. The less times I have to open/close the oil filter cap the better given the almost certain failure at some point.

RIPP and Hamburger were the 2 contenders left for me.

tinymay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'82 Scrambler and 2020 Wrangler JL
... While Edelbrock is probably the safest and has the most support, the "disabling" of the oil fill tube and only being able to use the oil filter as the fill point is a complete non-starter for me. The less times I have to open/close the oil filter cap the better given the almost certain failure at some point.
Yes, that is a concern of mine too but thinking if i'm changing oil, the filter needs changing with it. Unless it becomes a user and needs a fill between changes.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Just sent you a PM.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Yes, what’s the difference with the oil cap. You remove the filter every oil change and you fill the oil there and you put the cap back on it changes nothing. Unless your jeep is burning quarts of oil between oil changes but then you have bigger problems than the oil cap

Sponsored

EForce-Tech

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@EForce-Tech any updates on emissions for the 2021 JLs?
This has been in-process for us but unfortunately no ETA at this time. Edelbrock does own a 2021 JT specifically for emissions testing. The trucks drivability and performance is on target but tailpipe emissions need improvement.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
I self-installed the one on my 2014 JK in my driveway - had no issues and it ran fine.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Looks like the right hand (passenger) cam cover has enough access to allow an oil filler tube to be installed between the front and middle sparkplug. It'd require removing the cam cover and machining/drilling a hole, either welding or captive nut design. Another option might be using a left cam cover from a car or JK installation where the filler is in the left cam cover.

jeep jK engine.jpg

Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the right hand (passenger) cam cover has enough access to allow an oil filler tube to be installed between the front and middle sparkplug. It'd require removing the cam cover and machining/drilling a hole, either welding or captive nut design. Another option might be using a left cam cover from a car or JK installation where the filler is in the left cam cover.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production. jeep jK engine
I like this option and may check into it, but I'm going to wait until I re-gear before deciding if I want to pursue an SC.
Sponsored