Sponsored

Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Have any of you guys installed the aftermarket oil filter drain stop. It keeps oil in the top end instead of it dropping down to the pan, so your not having a dry start. One I had seen just screwed in place of the plastic original filter, it looked like a 15 minute job

https://www.ecogard.com/chryslers-p...er-assembly-what-means-oil-filter-installers/
Had not seen the anti-drain valve you describe.

But, your link went to a site that referred to a new all metal Dorman oil filter housing/pre-heater.
That led me to check the Dorman site and I found it. Engine Oil Filter Housing | 926-876 | Upgraded Aluminum Engine Oil Filter Housing | Dorman Products

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production. JL Oil Filter Pre heater

Which led me to check the availability. $205 from Autozone.
Best Engine Oil Filter Housing Parts for Cars, Trucks & SUVs (autozone.com)

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Had not seen the anti-drain valve you describe.

But, your link went to a site that referred to a new all metal Dorman oil filter housing/pre-heater.
That led me to check the Dorman site and I found it. Engine Oil Filter Housing | 926-876 | Upgraded Aluminum Engine Oil Filter Housing | Dorman Products

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production. JL Oil Filter Pre heater

Which led me to check the availability. $205 from Autozone.
Best Engine Oil Filter Housing Parts for Cars, Trucks & SUVs (autozone.com)
This is what I has seen on Two Guys Garage. simple install
Jeep Wrangler JL Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production. 1648838840432

https://www.baxterperformanceusa.co...ep&_model=Wrangler&_year=2019&_engine=V6 3.6L

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Neat product. For the owner that is in it for the long game.

I'm not too keen on the schrader solution. You need an air supply to change your oil. It pretty much guarantees an "owner only" oil change, or a huge mess. Even owners will forget sooner or later. Definitely a product for the "enthusiast" with a compressor.

On the other hand, your link that took me to the all metal filter housing is a keeper for when I eventually have to pull the upper intake manifold to change the left bank spark plugs. Hopefully, the plastic housing lasts that long.

speedymart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl
Just a heads up my 2023 Jl 2 door manual 3.6L got delivered today and it has a GPEC2 controller. I thought they stopped using them back in 2021 but here we are. Be sure to check all 2021+ for the controller type, you may still be able to run this supercharger kit. I'm personally waiting on the 2024 we ordered to show up to check that one. This 2023 will be going on the lot.
Sponsored