Looks like chip shortage is real, lot of closures at Toledo OH plant

MtgGuy99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Production started back up yesterday. They are finishing up about 1800 2021 VINS.
I wonder why these just haven’t been converted into 2022s. I would hate to be delivered a brand new truck from the factory as a MY old ha
Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I wonder why these just haven’t been converted into 2022s. I would hate to be delivered a brand new truck from the factory as a MY old ha
Yes that would suck. The resale hardly changes because of the miles after a couple years, unless there is a major design overhaul, but still.

darthvader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara, 2022 JLUR
10/11 order JLUR - dealer said it will be built by next week. Jeep Chat says in paint today. Nothing on cryptostickers yet.

DCJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport, 2022 Sahara
10/11 order JLUR - dealer said it will be built by next week. Jeep Chat says in paint today. Nothing on cryptostickers yet.
bro, but isn’t there some kind of like chip shortage and ETA is like 2024?

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
well, it is the end of the year and factories tend to shut down for a week or two.
Yep. Easier to shut down than deal with filling-in for all the folks realizing they have vacation left over at the end of the year.

Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
...Now, we just need to police ourselves that folks JK and JL orders aren't asking a lot of questions on the page as the man may catch on shut it down...

Based on chatter in the threads, it appears the JK line keeps shutting down due to parts shortages while the JL line continues.
A JK hasn't been made for almost 4 years now. 🤷‍♂️

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
I'm guessing there are some disgruntled Wrangler builders right now
They seem to be getting triple time to work over the holiday shutdown and it looks like it's on a volunteer basis... the workers doing it are probably as far from disgruntled as you'll get.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
They seem to be getting triple time to work over the holiday shutdown and it looks like it's on a volunteer basis... the workers doing it are probably as far from disgruntled as you'll get.
From the Facebook post it looked like some weren't to happy being sent home early or not working at all the past couple weeks. I'm sure they're happy to be working now and especially getting the OT, I would. So I'm not to worried that mine was just built by someone who didn't want to be there. I'm more concerned about 3rd party parts and the quality with all the shortages both workers and material.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Nice

MoHeTow!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito!, 2022 JLUR4XE Tuscadero ordered
They definitely are running. They just finished making all of the final 2021s yesterday. 2022s are coming off the line now.
FROM THAT ARTICLE IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE JUST RUNNING MONDAY AND TUESDAY NEXT WEEK AND NOT ON FRIDAY THIS WEEK
Sponsored