Sponsored

Looks like chip shortage is real, lot of closures at Toledo OH plant

martoaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
Thnx
Tho I'm glad my build is still a few months out. I'm guessing there are some disgruntled Wrangler builders right now.
They're getting 2x or 3x pay to work right now, after being sent home somewhat randomly because of parts shortages the last few weeks. They're going to be far more disgruntled with the latter situation.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
You bring up a good loi
From the Facebook post it looked like some weren't to happy being sent home early or not working at all the past couple weeks. I'm sure they're happy to be working now and especially getting the OT, I would. So I'm not to worried that mine was just built by someone who didn't want to be there. I'm more concerned about 3rd party parts and the quality with all the shortages both workers and material.
I wonder also if QC will be different for vehicles built during
Yes that would suck. The resale hardly changes because of the miles after a couple years, unless there is a major design overhaul, but still.
There is supposedly a major overhaul for 2023. More safety also.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The fuel economy and Safety mandates for 2023 are going to be expensive indeed. Inclusion of "Impaired Driver Lockout" for ALL new vehicles, plus the 44mpg fleet average could boost new vehicle prices considerably. Our current
"Simple " vehicles ( how relative is that now ) should retain even better value over the long term

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
You bring up a good loi

I wonder also if QC will be different for vehicles built during
Hard to tell now a days when I see so many with a bad attitude towards having to work. I'm not saying I love my job every day but being self employed it's hard to hate what I do. 😁 I would never post stuff like this especially on your companies page. God I hope she wasn't working on my Jeep! 🙄

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks like chip shortage is real, lot of closures at Toledo OH plant nc_ohc=CDBElxcS-hgAX-ER4ju&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-2

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks like chip shortage is real, lot of closures at Toledo OH plant WKn7XU96DL-

Kris Snyder-Reed
on Wednesday
One more day in this shithole then off for 10 days, damn I cannot wait!!!!
— at Jeep Plant Toledo OH.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
I wouldn't want that out there for the world to see. Regardless of what I sometimes think of my job. Facebook is a parasite on society anyway.
I don't do any social media but someone posted the link for the Jeep Facebook page and I was looking at it for shutdown updates. I'd never post someones personal info and picture but she was dumb enough to post this on her employers site so I'd guess she doesn't care herself.
Sponsored